U14 Girls Rankings

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seacoast way over rated. Couldn't win their own tournament in this age group.

Comment

I forgot about the 2 NH clubs. I will agree with your assesment of these two teams and placement. I will add them to the mix after this weekend.

Thanks

Mr. T

Comment

Seacoast is not about winning tournaments at the younger ages. They focus on playing soccer correctly and not caring about wins and loses. Seacoast teams traditionally are better at U15 and older due to playing correctly.

Mr. T

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          These are my top 10 rankings. While some people are basking in the glory of doing well in a cold pre-season tournament, the real game begin when the weather is warmer. Teams work on different things during preseason, while other have a point to prove and are going all out to try and win games.

1 - NEFC Elite - still the top team. People talk about results this year. You can only go on results against the teams you have directly competed against, so NEFC just about shades it.
          2 - Stars ECNL - not much between the NEFC Elite team and this one. Still very talented, but no one has seen much of them.
          3 - Stars NPL - again, they are probably comprable to NEFC Premier, but because they beat them the last time they met, they get the edge.
          3 - NEFC Premier - after a host of new players from last year, they seem to be coming together as a group and beat their Region 1 opponent CFC 2-0.
          5 - Breakers NPL - Breakers stock is on the rise, but it will be interesting to see how they do this Spring. Have gotten some good preseason results, but it's not called preseason for reason.
          6 - Aztec NPL - another team on the rise and have picked up a few players which has made them stronger.
          7 - Bayside - Bayside are a physical scrappy team, but lack a goalscorer
          8- Seacoast - Seacoast is big and physical and tries to play the right way. Their defense and midfield are tough
          9 - NHPSA - Some quality players on this team. They seem to play a lot of teams ranked above them pretty tight, but they too lack a goalscorer
          10 - GPS - Has risen in the last year. Are competitive, but lack a goalscorer

JMO.
          You folks are all going to become quite frustrated with things going forward. Thanks to our current alphabet soup of leagues you will find that these teams are going to see less and less of each other with each passing year and since there is no way for any of this discussion to actually play out on a field what you are chewing on is nothing more than egotistical musings. Since championship series like the state cup have all but been abandoned in favor of monolithic league play there is no longer any way to prove any of these lists so all that you are really doing is adding fodder to the constant club border wars. The U14 year is the last "great" year of youth soccer so enjoy it while you can. What you are going to find is after this year a whole lot of things change once the kids hit high school and a lot of these teams will seem to almost digress. It is actually a quite natural thing because soccer starts to compete with many more priorities and injuries start to pile up. Don't be surprised if half the players are no longer even playing within two years. Two years from now these lists will almost seem silly because basically you will have only 2 maybe 3 teams that will matter and the gulf between them and the rest of the pack will be substantial. Have fun with it while it lasts but don't for a minute think any of these rankings are anywhere close to being accurate for the long haul.

Comment

Again this thread is to talk about how teams did over the season and move them up and down the rankings. Post how your team did and who they played and I will update like in fantasy sports the movement of teams. It is fun do not take this that serious.

Comment

This is the reason why I started this thread. I want it to be fun and not serious. I agree that these teams will not play each other much moving forward except at tournaments or within their own leagues.

Mr. T

Comment

These are my top 10 rankings. While some people are basking in the glory of doing well in a cold pre-season tournament, the real game begin when the weather is warmer. Teams work on different things during preseason, while other have a point to prove and are going all out to try and win games.

1 - NEFC Elite - still the top team. People talk about results this year. You can only go on results against the teams you have directly competed against, so NEFC just about shades it.
                2 - Stars ECNL - not much between the NEFC Elite team and this one. Still very talented, but no one has seen much of them.
                3 - Stars NPL - again, they are probably comprable to NEFC Premier, but because they beat them the last time they met, they get the edge.
                3 - NEFC Premier - after a host of new players from last year, they seem to be coming together as a group and beat their Region 1 opponent CFC 2-0.
                5 - Breakers NPL - Breakers stock is on the rise, but it will be interesting to see how they do this Spring. Have gotten some good preseason results, but it's not called preseason for reason.
                6 - Aztec NPL - another team on the rise and have picked up a few players which has made them stronger.
                7 - Bayside - Bayside are a physical scrappy team, but lack a goalscorer
                8- Seacoast - Seacoast is big and physical and tries to play the right way. Their defense and midfield are tough
                9 - NHPSA - Some quality players on this team. They seem to play a lot of teams ranked above them pretty tight, but they too lack a goalscorer
                10 - GPS - Has risen in the last year. Are competitive, but lack a goalscorer

JMO.
                Confusing the Breakers ECNL and Breakers NPL....FYI

Comment

Q here

I did mistype some teams in my rankings, i have a little time now so here is an explanation

1 - Stars ECNL - Great talent, best depth, best coach, will win a matchup against any team in this group
                  2 - NEFC Elite - Great top end talent, a little disorganized, but win through sheer physicality and talent - Coaching is suspect
                  3 - Stars NPL - Well run, well organized, lack a killer, so will play close with everyone but fail to score
                  4 - NEFC Premier - Good team, can score goals and does against just about everyone
                  5 - Breakers ECNL - I have taken this team into better consideration, but I'm not ready to have them leapfrog everyone. Until this March they've had trouble keeping up. They've had a good March. They have a young coach who is doing a lot of cheerleading right now, good short term, we'll see how it works in the short term. No killer goalscorer, hurts against good competition.
                  6 - Aztec NPL - just a solid overall team of mostly athletes.
                  7 - Bayside - athletic team, with a couple of skilled players, bad coaching, and no goalscorers. They can't get results against the top 4-5.
                  8 - NEFC SC - athletic, competitive team, well coached, not much going forward, can hang against the best, but like Bayside cannot beat them
                  9 - Seacoast - just an overall good team, but no high level players, well coached, hold the ball well
                  10 - GPS - competitive team, but really off the pace in terms of good players. Coaching helps them.
                  12 - NSU - very direct team relies on a single athlete up front, gets them into trouble against well coached teams.
                  13 - NHPSA - extremely direct physical team, gets them results against even some of the better teams, but no consistency as a result.
                  14 - CSU - just an okay team, as told in the results this past weekend they have trouble against even mediocre teams
                  15 - Fuller Hamlets - Good athleticism and classic Fuller Hamlets style keeps them in the game.
                  16- Western United - Well coached team with no depth and no goal scorer.
                  17 - Breakers NPL - motivated athletes, but no soccer skill or thought process
                  18 - Rush - similar to Breakers, just a bunch of athletes.

Comment

Confusing the Breakers ECNL and Breakers NPL....FYI
                    Yes. Sorry about that.

Comment

Q here

I did mistype some teams in my rankings, i have a little time now so here is an explanation

1 - Stars ECNL - Great talent, best depth, best coach, will win a matchup against any team in this group
                      2 - NEFC Elite - Great top end talent, a little disorganized, but win through sheer physicality and talent - Coaching is suspect
                      3 - Stars NPL - Well run, well organized, lack a killer, so will play close with everyone but fail to score
                      4 - NEFC Premier - Good team, can score goals and does against just about everyone
                      5 - Breakers ECNL - I have taken this team into better consideration, but I'm not ready to have them leapfrog everyone. Until this March they've had trouble keeping up. They've had a good March. They have a young coach who is doing a lot of cheerleading right now, good short term, we'll see how it works in the short term. No killer goalscorer, hurts against good competition.
                      7 - Bayside - athletic team, with a couple of skilled players, bad coaching, and no goalscorers. They can't get results against the top 4-5.
                      8 - NEFC SC - athletic, competitive team, well coached, not much going forward, can hang against the best, but like Bayside cannot beat them
                      9 - Seacoast - just an overall good team, but no high level players, well coached, hold the ball well
                      10 - GPS - competitive team, but really off the pace in terms of good players. Coaching helps them.
                      12 - NSU - very direct team relies on a single athlete up front, gets them into trouble against well coached teams.
                      13 - NHPSA - extremely direct physical team, gets them results against even some of the better teams, but no consistency as a result.
                      14 - CSU - just an okay team, as told in the results this past weekend they have trouble against even mediocre teams
                      15 - Fuller Hamlets - Good athleticism and classic Fuller Hamlets style keeps them in the game.
                      Your stars affiliation leaps off the page. And who are you to comment on coaching? NEFC Elite & Scorps ECNL are coached by D1 women's college coaches, and you say "coaching is suspect" and "coach is doing a lot of cheerleading right now." You don't know what you are talking about, and your rankings still reflect too much of last year's results.

Comment

Your stars affiliation leaps off the page. And who are you to comment on coaching? NEFC Elite & Scorps ECNL are coached by D1 women's college coaches, and you say "coaching is suspect" and "coach is doing a lot of cheerleading right now." You don't know what you are talking about, and your rankings still reflect too much of last year's results.
                        D1 assistant coaches, meaning they probably played college soccer and are willing to work a ton of dog hours recruiting.

Before you get after me can you please think before you post?

Q

Comment

While I agree with you statement about the two coaches, I disagree with you about going on last years results. This year hasn't even started, so there are no meaningful results, unless you want to count preseason tournaments played in feezing temps.

Comment

Q here

at this age bracket only 4 clubs have multiple teams in the top 20 ( gotsoccer) NEFC, Stars, Breakers and Rush. Without all you NEFC and Stars parents getting your panties in a bunch, I am not comparing Rush's teams with the top 2 from either NEFC or Stars, no shot , but I would like to give hats off to both Rush teams who accomplished this without the benefit of any league points ( NEP, NPL or ECNL) both teams would be higher up the totem pole if they were in NEP.

Comment

This is a great comment and speaks volumes for these clubs. People need to be objective and not blinded by club affiliation. I put several teams above my daughters team and have no problem doing it based on performance. Preseason tournaments are just the same as the end of the year tournaments. Teams want to win and do well agianst other clubs. To say it is a meaningless tournament and the games have not even started is crazy. they played all fall and through the winter. I actually appluad both the NEFC Elite NPL and Breakers ECNL teams for not coming on this site and bragging or complaining about their game.

Dr. Z

Comment

I mean Mr. T Sorry Dr. Z

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X