Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This has been a major theme with the club for years. First it was no other sports, now it is no other soccer. The one big issue has always been whether any club has the resources and skill to take on the responsibility for training an athlete in a manner that is consistent with that sort of expectation? Do they even have a strength and conditioning program, never mind the facilities to do it in? Do they have things like athletic trainers and nutritionists to manage the athlete's bodies? Are they instituting mandatory study halls and supplying academic advisors? If you want to pretend that you are a high level college program and demand that sort of commitment then you had better darn well be able to produce the resources like one.
    Would you like see the clubs taking more responsibility for taking care of player injuries at events like PDA? Someone posted some very similar concerns in the Portland MCU thread. Take a look at #3 in that thread if you get a chance. LMAO.

Comment

This might be a little off subject but a friend of mine at Stars said they are telling her child she can not play high school soccer???? Any truth in that or is this just a suggestion from Stars? I hope this is not the case.
      This won't be a problem at all since you actually have no interest in Stars at all...but your post is still helpful because everyone benefits from more information, right? Or at least more of a fine-grained bash job regarding certain clubs, no?

Comment

For the ENCL teams that is the case with most clubs.
        That is not the case with most ECNL clubs.

Comment

That is not the case with most ECNL clubs.
          How many ECNL teams do you know? Stars, Scorpions and ????

Comment

Not Breakers/Scorpions ECNL my daughter played 3 yrs for them and has never been told not to play High School soccer.
            And the record speaks for itself.

Comment

Originally posted by perspective View Post
              Would you like see the clubs taking more responsibility for taking care of player injuries at events like PDA? Someone posted some very similar concerns in the Portland MCU thread. Take a look at #3 in that thread if you get a chance. LMAO.
              When your kids get to college and see what being owned is all about they tend to look back fondly upon the relatively carefree days when they could play soccer just for the fun of it. It takes a special mindset to want to do all that players are required to do in order to play soccer in college so pushing that sort of environment down to the high school levels calls for a fairly unique kid.

Comment

Not Breakers/Scorpions ECNL my daughter played 3 yrs for them and has never been told not to play High School soccer.
                They are "recommending" they do not play high school soccer and just play club year round.

Comment

Congrats to Stars on their ribbon cutting ceremony today regarding their own complex/fields in Lanacaster. Fields will be ready in the fall.
                  Did they really finally build something they have been promising current players and recruits for a while. Or is this post from someone trying to rub it in the Stars face that a new facility will never happen?

Comment

The panic is setting in now that they heard Forkicks was opening up a new facility in Billerica and with it a stronger NEFC North. When do we think Stars and NEFC will merge?

Comment

Originally posted by perspective View Post
                      This won't be a problem at all since you actually have no interest in Stars at all...but your post is still helpful because everyone benefits from more information, right? Or at least more of a fine-grained bash job regarding certain clubs, no?
                      I just asked a question. I got my answer. Nothing more - nothing less.

Comment

This has been a major theme with the club for years. First it was no other sports, now it is no other soccer. The one big issue has always been whether any club has the resources and skill to take on the responsibility for training an athlete in a manner that is consistent with that sort of expectation? Do they even have a strength and conditioning program, never mind the facilities to do it in? Do they have things like athletic trainers and nutritionists to manage the athlete's bodies? Are they instituting mandatory study halls and supplying academic advisors? If you want to pretend that you are a high level college program and demand that sort of commitment then you had better darn well be able to produce the resources like one.
                        This is a silly, ridiculous stretch. You're implying that HS programs have strength & conditioning, athletic trainers and nutritionists working with their players. Please tell me the HS programs that have all that in place, to any reasonable degree. Do HS soccer teams have academic advisors that work solely with athletes? Please do tell.

Where it comes to HS soccer, they're simply saying that - for the kids on the top teams - HS soccer slows down their growth and progress, and it takes a while after the HS season ends for the kids to get back up to speed. If they want to be playing their best at the winter showcases, then playing HS soccer is not the way to go. I think they know that forcing the kids to quit HS soccer is a tough sell for many families, which is why it's not a requirement.

Comment

How many ECNL teams do you know? Stars, Scorpions and ????
                          Tell you what, go on the ECNL site, randomly select some teams and look at the player profiles. For those that have public profiles, and granted some clubs do restrict them, but more often than not you are going to see HS all star team selections.

We all know the trend for U14 down, but for those kids already in HS, not many have stopped playing HS. To suggest otherwise is plainly an outright lie.

Comment

I just asked a question. I got my answer. Nothing more - nothing less.
                            Right...and you never saw any of the ton of references on the same topic over the past 5 years. And please don't say you are new to town.

Comment

This is a silly, ridiculous stretch. You're implying that HS programs have strength & conditioning, athletic trainers and nutritionists working with their players. Please tell me the HS programs that have all that in place, to any reasonable degree. Do HS soccer teams have academic advisors that work solely with athletes? Please do tell.

Where it comes to HS soccer, they're simply saying that - for the kids on the top teams - HS soccer slows down their growth and progress, and it takes a while after the HS season ends for the kids to get back up to speed. If they want to be playing their best at the winter showcases, then playing HS soccer is not the way to go. I think they know that forcing the kids to quit HS soccer is a tough sell for many families, which is why it's not a requirement.
                              And for the vast majority of those kids when they are sitting on their arse in college waiting for a chance to play, they will have regret for not doing. For the true top 10 or so per age group nationwide who really have a chance for the National Team? Sure, don't do it. For the rest? Foolish.

Comment

Tell you what, go on the ECNL site, randomly select some teams and look at the player profiles. For those that have public profiles, and granted some clubs do restrict them, but more often than not you are going to see HS all star team selections.

We all know the trend for U14 down, but for those kids already in HS, not many have stopped playing HS. To suggest otherwise is plainly an outright lie.
                                So you are saying you troll on high school kids. Creepy.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X