Stars moving into south shore.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started a FC Stars South thread a few weeks ago. Several people want to trash BB but nobody gives any concrete examples of his flaws. We're with another club (U10 boys) but contemplating the jump to FC Stars South. There are so few options in the Bwater/Taunton area. Can someone with direct experience with BB please give some details rather than just providing useless comments like "BB sucks"?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Don't compare the NYC NPL with ECNL. NYC NPL is a joke. Most NEFC parents would tell you that. NEP and Region 1 is much better and pretty much everyone knows it.
      There is also no comparision between the two ECNL clubs.

Stars are legit (I am no fan but respect the results), the Scorps/Breakers should not even be mentioned in the same paragraph. They had one super team who are all in college now and really have done nothing since. They are fortunate that the ECNL is an old boys club who take care of their own.

Comment

There is also no comparision between the two ECNL clubs.

Stars are legit (I am no fan but respect the results), the Scorps/Breakers should not even be mentioned in the same paragraph. They had one super team who are all in college now and really have done nothing since. They are fortunate that the ECNL is an old boys club who take care of their own.
        This message brought to you by NEFC, who is starting to worry about the possibility of losing Elite players to Breakers ECNL teams, now that NYNPL is not living up to its billing.

An influx of NEFC talent would definitely improve the performance of the Breakers ECNL teams, and the NEFC folks know the opportunity exists at some age groups for those players to move to Breakers in numbers, where no such opportunity exists for them at Stars, whose ECNL teams are already well established. Discuss...

Comment

This message brought to you by NEFC, who is starting to worry about the possibility of losing Elite players to Breakers ECNL teams, now that NYNPL is not living up to its billing.

An influx of NEFC talent would definitely improve the performance of the Breakers ECNL teams, and the NEFC folks know the opportunity exists at some age groups for those players to move to Breakers in numbers, where no such opportunity exists for them at Stars, whose ECNL teams are already well established. Discuss...
          There are those that don't buy the ECNL supremacy argument because they can look at the specific players on the local teams and realize they are no better. The only thing they think they get with the ECNL is more expensive travel because the other local clubs have done a pretty good job convincing their families that the travel is not necessary for top end teams so there isn't as much demand as the ECNL crowd thinks

Comment

I started a FC Stars South thread a few weeks ago. Several people want to trash BB but nobody gives any concrete examples of his flaws. We're with another club (U10 boys) but contemplating the jump to FC Stars South. There are so few options in the Bwater/Taunton area. Can someone with direct experience with BB please give some details rather than just providing useless comments like "BB sucks"?
            Some of the details are inappropriate behavior with both players and parents. Other issues were he sits in a beach chair all through practice and on the sidelines during games and shouts instructions to his players. He fools around at practice more than he runs a practice. He's famous for verbally abusing refs during games. The fact that he's at his 3rd club only staying at each a few years before either being fired or asked to leave should say alot too. Overall he is very immature and loses alot of kids from his teams every year.

Comment

Don't compare the NYC NPL with ECNL. NYC NPL is a joke. Most NEFC parents would tell you that. NEP and Region 1 is much better and pretty much everyone knows it.
              Look at the ECNL U14 NE scores from last season and tell me that leagues not a joke! Stars 8-0 vs Conn, Stars 7-2 vs Soccer Plus, Stars 5-0 vs Scorps, Stars 8-0 vs E. Meadow. Great competition, well worth the travel, and keep drinking the kool-aid! I see a couple of strong teams in that conference which about the same as NY NPL.

Comment

Look at the ECNL U14 NE scores from last season and tell me that leagues not a joke! Stars 8-0 vs Conn, Stars 7-2 vs Soccer Plus, Stars 5-0 vs Scorps, Stars 8-0 vs E. Meadow. Great competition, well worth the travel, and keep drinking the kool-aid! I see a couple of strong teams in that conference which about the same as NY NPL.
                Give me a break! Even the NEFC parents are saying what a joke the league is.

Comment

This year's NY NPL results:
                  NEFC u12: 11 games, 51goals for, 5 goals against. Game scores 4-1,5-0,9-1,7-0.
                  NEFC u13: 10 games, 26 goals for, 3 goals against. Game scores 4-1,4-1,5-1.
                  NEFC u14: 11 games, 44 goals for, 3 goals against. Game scores 8-0,7-0,8-0,5-0,4-0.
                  Great competition and worth all that travel, right?

Comment

Looks like ECNL and NYNPL are equivalent in their lack of parity. Maybe it is time for the customers to demand a more reasonable approach to find good teams to play. Like maybe the two big clubs in Central MA? Who might be 5 miles apart? Just a thought.

Comment

Looks like ECNL and NYNPL are equivalent in their lack of parity. Maybe it is time for the customers to demand a more reasonable approach to find good teams to play. Like maybe the two big clubs in Central MA? Who might be 5 miles apart? Just a thought.
                      Do you have a proposal? Do you want them to play each other 8 times during the spring?

Face it, for the top couple of teams in each age group, there are not enough good challenges locally to play NEP or Maple, or whatever other league gets created. They need to get outside the state to find better match ups. I agree that traveling 4 hours to beat some team by 6 goals is worse than staying in-state and beating some team by 6 goals, but at least there are some legitimate challenges coming up.

For Stars, it will be PDA and World Class, the PDA showcase, Inter-regionals, and the National finals. I'm not sure of the NEFC schedule, but there are sure to be a some good matches leading up to the NPL Nationals.

Comment

Do you have a proposal? Do you want them to play each other 8 times during the spring?

Face it, for the top couple of teams in each age group, there are not enough good challenges locally to play NEP or Maple, or whatever other league gets created. They need to get outside the state to find better match ups. I agree that traveling 4 hours to beat some team by 6 goals is worse than staying in-state and beating some team by 6 goals, but at least there are some legitimate challenges coming up.

For Stars, it will be PDA and World Class, the PDA showcase, Inter-regionals, and the National finals. I'm not sure of the NEFC schedule, but there are sure to be a some good matches leading up to the NPL Nationals.
                        How about playing "up" an age group in NEP? Playing Region 1 which actually selects good teams? How about adding in another tournament vs. good teams instead of playing in a league that is full of mismatches all over Region 1 without any selection process? Just a few thoughts..

Comment

How about they play each other a few times? Or at all? Would likely be good games, and both team would be "home". Travelling to play blowout games is expensive, unnecessary and stupid. This is not about what is best for the kids or the families. It is about building and defending the names of the clubs, at all costs. Until there is a ground swell it will likely not change as their are legions of kids (and parents) who are reaching for the brass ring and will do what they are told. I am not against travel for tournaments or to truly play competitively, but if blowouts are the norm, and they certainly seem to be, what is the point?

Comment

How about they play each other a few times? Or at all? Would likely be good games, and both team would be "home". Travelling to play blowout games is expensive, unnecessary and stupid. This is not about what is best for the kids or the families. It is about building and defending the names of the clubs, at all costs. Until there is a ground swell it will likely not change as their are legions of kids (and parents) who are reaching for the brass ring and will do what they are told. I am not against travel for tournaments or to truly play competitively, but if blowouts are the norm, and they certainly seem to be, what is the point?
                            Well stated and to the point, but will the clubs listen, and/or will their paying customers eventually force their hand by demanding something different? That is the big question.

Comment

Well stated and to the point, but will the clubs listen, and/or will their paying customers eventually force their hand by demanding something different? That is the big question.
                              Simple, reasonable solution.

US Club Soccer is the governing body of the ECNL, NYNPL and the NPL.

The ECNL and the NPL have a relationship already as the NPL are the second sides of the ECNL clubs. The NYNPL teams are made up of large, well run clubs.

Combine the three leagues. Make them into divisions and have promotion/relegation on an annual basis. It would reduce travel, costs and provide a more compeitive local environment that would increase development of our local players. Save money for destination tournaments and cant miss showcases.

Comment

How about playing "up" an age group in NEP? Playing Region 1 which actually selects good teams? How about adding in another tournament vs. good teams instead of playing in a league that is full of mismatches all over Region 1 without any selection process? Just a few thoughts..
                                I thought there was a selection process for the NY NPL? "The most competitive regionalized league in the Northeast featuring the most efficient travel schedule of any league of its kind allowing for meaningful competition against top clubs in the region" according to the website.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X