Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stars moving into south shore.

Looks like Stars is going to make a move and try to expand into the south shore (the Bridgewaters/Taunton area) this fall. This area is ripe for a big club to come in and set up shop. NEFC dropped the ball and MPS hasn't been aggressive enough in setting up teams in the area. If done right they will do very well and draw from many of the smaller clubs that exist on every street corner.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Looks like Stars is going to make a move and try to expand into the south shore (the Bridgewaters/Taunton area) this fall. This area is ripe for a big club to come in and set up shop. NEFC dropped the ball and MPS hasn't been aggressive enough in setting up teams in the area. If done right they will do very well and draw from many of the smaller clubs that exist on every street corner.
    Good luck to them. On the girls side, Breakers has the ECNL franchise on the south shore, so the best female players are more likely to aspire to that (or NEFC Elite) rather than joining up with a Stars satellite operation, where they will be lightyears away from ascension to either the Stars ECNL or NPL.

For the boys, it could be different, I don't know. Depends who they put in charge and what quality of coaches they are willing to commit to the south shore.

Comment

Which age groups are the looking to build?

Comment

Good luck to them. On the girls side, Breakers has the ECNL franchise on the south shore, so the best female players are more likely to aspire to that (or NEFC Elite) rather than joining up with a Stars satellite operation, where they will be lightyears away from ascension to either the Stars ECNL or NPL.

For the boys, it could be different, I don't know. Depends who they put in charge and what quality of coaches they are willing to commit to the south shore.
        The forekicks facility is impressive in Taunton. Bigger than the other two and brand new. Place is packed everytime I have been there. The market is there.

Breakers have been based out of Braintree for years, NEFC and Stars are both Central MA clubs. MPS probably has the best shot as they have proven they can regionalize over and over.

Comment

http://www.starsofma.org/Tryouts/FCS...h/index_E.html

Comment

With BB at the helm, this thing will run aground.

Comment

Don't be too sure. There are a lot of players interested in moving to him already. He still has pull on the South Shore.

Comment

With BB this will never take off. He has burned too many bridges in this area. Stars could have had anyone else start this and maybe it would have a chance but not with BB. He's an awful coach and an even worse administrator!

Comment

So much for Rhode Island.

Comment

Don't be too sure. There are a lot of players interested in moving to him already. He still has pull on the South Shore.
                    OK. Let's suppose there is talent on the south shore who believe in BB and who might be thinking about giving Stars a try. Why would they not just leapfrog the Stars South operation and aim directly for either the ECNL or NPL teams at Stars central? Am I missing something?

Comment

OK. Let's suppose there is talent on the south shore who believe in BB and who might be thinking about giving Stars a try. Why would they not just leapfrog the Stars South operation and aim directly for either the ECNL or NPL teams at Stars central? Am I missing something?
                      Yes 4 hours in traffic round trip to get to Lancaster and back.

Comment

Any word on who is running their boys program? BB does not have pull with those players and it will be interesting to see who they pull in for that side of the program.

Comment

Yes 4 hours in traffic round trip to get to Lancaster and back.
                          Ok then. My point is I believe south shore kids with talent -- and who can't stomach the trip to Lancaster -- will sooner go to NEFC or Breakers than they will a Stars satellite operation. What does a Stars south team that will play in NEP, or maybe R1, really have to offer the highly competitive player? They are far better off going after a spot with NEFC NPL or Breakers ECNL.

Don't get me wrong. I don't fault the Stars for pursuing the SS to build revenue, but if your kid is looking to play on either of the top one or two teams at their club, Stars south doesn't make sense.

Comment

Ok then. My point is I believe south shore kids with talent -- and who can't stomach the trip to Lancaster -- will sooner go to NEFC or Breakers than they will a Stars satellite operation. What does a Stars south team that will play in NEP, or maybe R1, really have to offer the highly competitive player? They are far better off going after a spot with NEFC NPL or Breakers ECNL.

Don't get me wrong. I don't fault the Stars for pursuing the SS to build revenue, but if your kid is looking to play on either of the top one or two teams at their club, Stars south doesn't make sense.
                            Don't compare the NYC NPL with ECNL. NYC NPL is a joke. Most NEFC parents would tell you that. NEP and Region 1 is much better and pretty much everyone knows it.

Comment

Don't compare the NYC NPL with ECNL. NYC NPL is a joke. Most NEFC parents would tell you that. NEP and Region 1 is much better and pretty much everyone knows it.
                              Maybe so. This would argue for NEFC moving its Elite teams back into R1PL. If that happens, then we'll know the truth. But there is also the idea of winning at the NPL Finals to keep them interested.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X