Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    First of all, if it's a "garbage" thread why are you in it? Second, I never mentioned his kid by name (although everyone one knows by now who he is so that's a moot point). Third, it doesn't matter whether it's one kid or ten kids, the fact is its a violation of everything the Revs say they stand for ...and btw, it's not just one kid it's many kids all over the rosters - kids of coaches, friends of coaches etc. Nepotism in its many forms is corruption and corruption, if kept unchecked spreads like wildfire.
    Someone has to keep silly comments from your mothers basement computer in check. Spend more of your time dealing with Obama corruption than a kid being on the same team that is father is coaching. Call the BBB about how the corruption is out of control.........history will show the zombie apocolypse started at the New England Revolution Academy. Oh the humanity................ Go back to playing Candy Crush please.

Comment

It won't be long before there is big change in Revs management- now that Heaps is failing, and Steve Nicol era (2002-2011) in essence failed (no MLS cup). Also no homegrown players that are making it big- DG and SC are floundering. Kraft is running out of patience. Time to clean house from the ground up.

Comment

First of all, if it's a "garbage" thread why are you in it? Second, I never mentioned his kid by name (although everyone one knows by now who he is so that's a moot point). Third, it doesn't matter whether it's one kid or ten kids, the fact is its a violation of everything the Revs say they stand for ...and btw, it's not just one kid it's many kids all over the rosters - kids of coaches, friends of coaches etc. Nepotism in its many forms is corruption and corruption, if kept unchecked spreads like wildfire.
        Why is no one complaining of the same situation at Bolts. That is even worse. YOU get to pay for play, but coaches sonny boy plays for free and starts every game, living in a delusion of grandeur....

Comment

Why is no one complaining of the same situation at Bolts. That is even worse. YOU get to pay for play, but coaches sonny boy plays for free and starts every game, living in a delusion of grandeur....
          The Bolts have their issues- they need to get off their ***** and find sponsors to fund the DA program. There's no denying that nepotism exists there too but no where close to the level at the revs. The Revs are a professional MLS club and as such need to hold to a higher standard.

Comment

Higher Standard? Says who, you?

You people must have very small minds, insignificant jobs! This is life people, it isn't always fair and things don't always work out. If your kids are really that good they would get picked. Stop the nonsense. Why don't you call the revs? Have you called or emailed anyone? Call Mr Kraft.

Comment

You people must have very small minds, insignificant jobs! This is life people, it isn't always fair and things don't always work out. If your kids are really that good they would get picked. Stop the nonsense. Why don't you call the revs? Have you called or emailed anyone? Call Mr Kraft.
              There was an online petition to US Soccer a while back, but not too many people signed it.

Comment

There was an online petition to US Soccer a while back, but not too many people signed it.
                https://www.change.org/petitions/ton...players-fairly

28 signatures

Comment

The thread that would never die

This thread is endless for two reasons
                  1: there exists a group of people who wanted to be on the team, felt deeply they ought to be, and now feels they were cheated.

2: the people on the team need to feel a) that their position was earned and well deserved and b) as such are superior to anyone and everyone not on the team.

The first group will never be able to acknowledge that being chosen for a team, any team, is at the discretion of the coaches, and that coaches pick players for a variety of reasons, overall skill being one but not the only criterion. Example: who do you want on your team Luis Suarez or Manuel Neuer? Both great players but if you have a really good keeper even if he's not better than Neuer but you need a forward, you pick Suarez.

The second group will never acknowledge that the 20 some players on the team were the 20 or so the coaches wanted, not the 20 or so best most deserving players in the northeast. They are all very good players no doubt. You don't compete in DAP without good players, but the arrogance continually riles the first group.

Rinse and repeat. It will happen again after the prep school season when players are added, and again when they name the teams for the following year, for ever.

Comment

This thread is endless for two reasons
                    1: there exists a group of people who wanted to be on the team, felt deeply they ought to be, and now feels they were cheated.

2: the people on the team need to feel a) that their position was earned and well deserved and b) as such are superior to anyone and everyone not on the team.

The first group will never be able to acknowledge that being chosen for a team, any team, is at the discretion of the coaches, and that coaches pick players for a variety of reasons, overall skill being one but not the only criterion. Example: who do you want on your team Luis Suarez or Manuel Neuer? Both great players but if you have a really good keeper even if he's not better than Neuer but you need a forward, you pick Suarez.

The second group will never acknowledge that the 20 some players on the team were the 20 or so the coaches wanted, not the 20 or so best most deserving players in the northeast. They are all very good players no doubt. You don't compete in DAP without good players, but the arrogance continually riles the first group.

Rinse and repeat. It will happen again after the prep school season when players are added, and again when they name the teams for the following year, for ever.
                    I don't belong to either of the groups you mention but I do care about the direction US Soccer is headed. Nepotism is widespread throughout US Soccer and it is not just in the selection of players but in the selection of coaches and managers as well. All this hurts US Soccer in the long run. DAP and all DAP clubs hold their players to a high standard. But there seems to be a disparity between the standard they hold their players to and the standard they hold themselves to.

Comment

I don't belong to either of the groups you mention but I do care about the direction US Soccer is headed. Nepotism is widespread throughout US Soccer and it is not just in the selection of players but in the selection of coaches and managers as well. All this hurts US Soccer in the long run. DAP and all DAP clubs hold their players to a high standard. But there seems to be a disparity between the standard they hold their players to and the standard they hold themselves to.
                      Contrary to all the talk, there just aren't that many good youth soccer players in NE. There are a lot of parents however who think that their kid is the next coming of Christiano Ronaldo. If I was a coach and I was picking a team, I would first pick the best players. Usually, they are not hard to spot in the crowd. I would then look for other players, by position, to round out the group. At this point what I will probably be looking at is a group of players whose skills are evenly matched or at the very least, quite similar. If among those players - who are equal or very close - is my nephew or the assistant coach's son or the son of my good friend from high school, then I go with one of them because I probably know what I am getting from the kid and the parent. If they are REALLY bad then I will not. No coach is going to pick a losing team if the alternative is available so lay off with the nepotism talk and figure out how to make your little player - through whom you live vicariously- a better soccer player so that he might enjoy the game for the rest of his/her life.

Find another team and leave the Revs alone especially, since they are paying their own way and not depending on your $$$$$$.

Comment

If among those players - who are equal or very close - is my nephew or the assistant coach's son or the son of my good friend from high school, then I go with one of them because I probably know what I am getting from the kid and the parent. If they are REALLY bad then I will not.
                        AS, TB, TS and many others don't come even close to meeting this criteria. Again, it's about maintaining high standards and walking the talk.

Comment

Contrary to all the talk, there just aren't that many good youth soccer players in NE. There are a lot of parents however who think that their kid is the next coming of Christiano Ronaldo. If I was a coach and I was picking a team, I would first pick the best players. Usually, they are not hard to spot in the crowd. I would then look for other players, by position, to round out the group. At this point what I will probably be looking at is a group of players whose skills are evenly matched or at the very least, quite similar. If among those players - who are equal or very close - is my nephew or the assistant coach's son or the son of my good friend from high school, then I go with one of them because I probably know what I am getting from the kid and the parent. If they are REALLY bad then I will not. No coach is going to pick a losing team if the alternative is available so lay off with the nepotism talk and figure out how to make your little player - through whom you live vicariously- a better soccer player so that he might enjoy the game for the rest of his/her life.

Find another team and leave the Revs alone especially, since they are paying their own way and not depending on your $$$$$$.
                          This is total crap. Most would go out of their way to avoid this type of criticism. If the kid could REALLY play, no one would have an issue. When you are a public figure and you outwardly use your position to benefit your own family, you will get called out. If you don't want the criticism, don't slide JR. onto the roster.

Comment

This is total crap. Most would go out of their way to avoid this type of criticism. If the kid could REALLY play, no one would have an issue. When you are a public figure and you outwardly use your position to benefit your own family, you will get called out. If you don't want the criticism, don't slide JR. onto the roster.

It would not avoid any criticism. No matter what a coach does someone will be a critic. You might be really smart but a soccer neophyte I can tell. If your child was selected or maybe, if your child was good enough to be a Revs player, we would not have a problem with how they arrived at the group and this thread might not have been started. The person kicking and screaming about nepotism does not have a child on the team and the spot that went to the coach's son should have gone to them. Now, THAT is total crap!!!!!!!!!

Comment

As it turns out, there are exactly 28 parents who think the spot should have gone to their son. Coincidence?

Comment

It would not avoid any criticism. No matter what a coach does someone will be a critic. You might be really smart but a soccer neophyte I can tell. If your child was selected or maybe, if your child was good enough to be a Revs player, we would not have a problem with how they arrived at the group and this thread might not have been started. The person kicking and screaming about nepotism does not have a child on the team and the spot that went to the coach's son should have gone to them. Now, THAT is total crap!!!!!!!!!
                                When a coach puts his kid on the team and it is fairly obvious that the kid is not a superstar, it invites criticism. Charges of favoritism, nepotism. When it is done consistently it seems to confirm that it happens at that organization.

Why not have the kids try out for the Bolts? Or Seacoast? Because the only reason they are on the team is because Daddy works for the Revs. Let's see what happens when Daddy gets let go.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X