Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Perhaps some of the players push the limits (maybe each team has one or two) but the difference happens when the opposing team steps up and hits back. The first time NEFC played FC Mass they were not too agressive (same when they played Blazers at the NEFC Tournament) the next time the players came ready to play an agressive/physical style of play.

Once both sides realize and feel the pain, they both calm down. You don't want to be passive and let one size do all of the hitting.

NH Classics, Blazers, Stars, FC Mass in the past could take advantage of some size differences and play a tough physical style. Now the size differences are shrinking and the kids a little smarter about how to fight back.
    Only chance these teams have of winning is putting NEFC under pressure and take their passing game away. Blazers were successful in March but NEFC had a very good game against them in Region 1. NEFC on their ge is 2-3 goals better than all teams.

Comment

Wow, citing players? You sounds like the Southeast parents who were yelling at our players.... Or their coach who taunted our kids in handshake line...

I would concur that FC Mass physical but other teams give as well as get.

And to be clear, the Southeast ref called everything on us, nothing against Southeast team.

Call it Homer, whatever.

I don't want to whine about that...

The problem is what he didn't call.

If you want kids lying down in front of shots, than you need to have head checked... just saying..
      Yes, Really. I wasn't referring to the Southeast game, but rather one of FC Mass's earlier games this season. Since you don't dispute it, I guess ole #8 was up to his usual (dirty) tricks again.

I don't have a problem w/ players being agressive. That has to be a part of the game, especially at higher levels. I do have a problem with players (like #8) going after other players and taking cheap shots especially when the other player isn't looking because the game has moved on. It's crap play and someone's kid is going to get hurt. The game shouldn't be about that garbage.

Comment

Okay,,,

Dude I don't know who pushed who but you conveniently skipped over my payback comment. Did your son do something to deserve this? If he did, I agree with you that if this was called it would have stopped what happened next.

Seriously though, I don't disagree.... the refs need a tighter handle and things should be called both ways evenly, that's all. What I have noticed is that when one call is missed, it leads to harder fouls as a response. Most time parents get all worked up because they only see the foul, not what led up to it. Of course their kid has a halo around their head... yeah right.

Comment

Yes, Really. I wasn't referring to the Southeast game, but rather one of FC Mass's earlier games this season. Since you don't dispute it, I guess ole #8 was up to his usual (dirty) tricks again.

I don't have a problem w/ players being agressive. That has to be a part of the game, especially at higher levels. I do have a problem with players (like #8) going after other players and taking cheap shots especially when the other player isn't looking because the game has moved on. It's crap play and someone's kid is going to get hurt. The game shouldn't be about that garbage.
          I totally agree. I don't know the number of the kid but my son got elbowed in the stomach by a kid from FC Mass. The ref didn't see it but that's just not acceptable behavior on the soccer field.

Comment

Well...

my kid got punched in the back while we was waiting for ball to come in.

Frankly don't know who did it or from what team.

Frankly the conduct of some of the kids is deplorable.

Whether its your team, my team, whoevers team, really teams need to start policing themselves. Just like in school, you want to get your kid to behave better, usually starts at home with parents.

Comment

my kid got punched in the back while we was waiting for ball to come in.

Frankly don't know who did it or from what team.

Frankly the conduct of some of the kids is deplorable.

Whether its your team, my team, whoevers team, really teams need to start policing themselves. Just like in school, you want to get your kid to behave better, usually starts at home with parents.
              Don't worry the kids will take care of this during the state cup. They know who are the dirty players and will respond appropriately. This happened to one of the Stars players last fall and he ended up with a broken leg. What comes around, goes around.

Comment

Oh boy

That doesn't sound to healthy. On one hand, we've got parents that complain play to aggressive and doesn't get called... Then we've got other side where violence is the answer and kids seem encouraged to stop playing soccer and seek retribution.

Frankly, think when something happens like a punch in back, or something that off the charts dirty the game should stop for refs/coaches to address.

The refs need to EJECT when they see this and automatically ban players for a game or 2 when they see unprovoked hits that are clearly not part of the game.

Comment

Here is the field with their seeds:

1. Hammer FC
                  2. MPS - Bulldogs
                  3. SF Vikings
                  4. Aztec
                  5. FC Blazers
                  6. NEFC
                  7. Western United Pioneers
                  8. FC United
                  9. Abbey Villa, S.C.
                  10. Valeo F.C.
                  11. CS United
                  12. Scorpions SC
                  13. FC Stars
                  14. FC Mass
                  15. FC Greater Boston
                  16. MPS - Knights
                  17. Liverpool FSC
                  18. MPS
                  19. MPS
                  20. Benfica
                  21. FC Greater Boston
                  22. MPS
                  23. MPS
                  24. North Shore United
                  25. MPS

Some very strong teams. Should be an interesting tournament. I think there are at least 7 or 8 teams that have a legitimate shot at taking home the hardware.

Let the debate begin.

Apparently MPS didn't have 7 more teams to fill out the field.
                  Soores?

Comment

Soores?
                    Sorry, scores?

Comment

Sorry, scores?
                      Nefc won

Comment

Nefc won
                        Who did they play and what was the score? Was it a good game?

Comment

Who did they play and what was the score? Was it a good game?
                          Who won the hammer game?

Comment

Who won the hammer game?
                            Hammer

Comment

talking-soccer.com

FC Mass dominated but tied Viking 0-0

Comment

FC Mass dominated but tied Viking 0-0
                                So who moves on with a tie? And I don't feel like looking at the website . Bitchuz

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X