Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by perspective View Post
    Sorry you see it that way, and I certainly can understand how it's interpreted as such. But the reality is that I just follow where the tracks lead...and often, unfortunately they land in this ECNL vs NEFC quagmire. My main fascination is in the power of resentment....and how resentment seemingly inexhaustible and indigestible...a festering wound that never, ever heals.
    You called that right! It's all about the parents need to have their kid be the acknowledged best.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      There is a common element. Isn't it obvious that the only Scorpion left turned his attention to NEFC.
      That's not really true. The Not Ethical Football Club has pissed off quite a few people over the years.

Comment

4 (count 'em FOUR) threads going at the same time basically about the same thing that has droned on and on and been pushed and re-pushed to the top of the charts here for several years running. Do some never tire of the topic??? I mean, really, it's been several YEARS. Anyone ever wonder where the drive comes from to keep this beaten-to-death crap center-stage???

Comment

4 (count 'em FOUR) threads going at the same time basically about the same thing that has droned on and on and been pushed and re-pushed to the top of the charts here for several years running. Do some never tire of the topic??? I mean, really, it's been several YEARS. Anyone ever wonder where the drive comes from to keep this beaten-to-death crap center-stage???
          And two of them that had been dormant for 2 years you resurrected yourself. Lol

Comment

And two of them that had been dormant for 2 years you resurrected yourself. Lol
            Wow. You got me there. Touche.

I figured after someone resurrected more than 400 old threads as part of a research project it might be worthwhile to actually open a couple of them and see what is really there.

Comment

Dog Whistle

Perhaps one of the experts in "racial" dog whistles can help out those of us with less well trained ears... Can you give us a list of words or phrases that, apart from their common definitions, also secretly mean "black"?

I understand that "thug", "well spoken" and "athletic" all mean black now. What are the others? Just out of curiosity, does "black" still mean black? When "white" means black please post back to this forum to let everyone know or this is all going to get really confusing.

Comment

The Stars-Scorpions mudslinging of circa 2008 was legendary.
                Hmmm? You might be right I just don't remember much mudslinging. The big three (for newbies that would be Scorpions Elite, Stars United and Stars Rovers 92-93s) would have been entering high school that fall. Was it that year Stars Rovers moved from Bolts or the next year? Maybe Spring 2009? And Mathman rating (not ranking) was in full swing which did cause some competition between Stars U and Scorps. Was 2008 the year Scorpions won region One and 2009 the year Stars went to nationals? My memory was that Scorpions was the established team and upstart Stars added a couple players that allowed them to challenge. The Big two of the Big three took turns at state cup and region one championships, with Rovers acting the spoiler in a game or two each season.

Back then State Cup teams ran the gambit from rec to national champion contenders! What fun it was to watch back then.

Comment

Wow. You got me there. Touche.

I figured after someone resurrected more than 400 old threads as part of a research project it might be worthwhile to actually open a couple of them and see what is really there.
                  Your assumption seems to be that once inside a thread that the posts become completely one sided. If you would take a step back and just read the titles of those 400 treads and look at the dates you might begin to see a different picture emerge. At the very least it is clear that there has been a definite quid pro quo when it comes bashing so your position that one group is being unfairly targeted rings very hollow. The fact is what has gone on here on TS has been very nasty and there are actually a lot of parties involved in it. You need to look in the mirror and recognize that you own a very sizable share of the blame because you keep doing things like bringing back 2 year old threads that open those clubs to criticism. To suggest that you are not smart enough to understand that bringing those threads back would not result in restarting the ECNL debate is an insult to your obvious intelligence. The reality is your personal agenda is becoming clearer with each passing post. You recognize all too well that the bashing actually serves these clubs more than it hinders them. NEFC's growth during a time period where they were clearly getting mauled here on TS shows as much that there is no such thing as bad PR.

Comment

Club soccer has become a pretty big business. Some of you should do some research on Social media marketing and then realize that all of these clubs use TS in very deliberate ways to further their own individual agendas.

Comment

Club soccer has become a pretty big business. Some of you should do some research on Social media marketing and then realize that all of these clubs use TS in very deliberate ways to further their own individual agendas.
                      Bringing back 2 yr old threads is one example. Another is the exact same ECNL threads get started in every single forum here on TS at the same time. There is nothing being done by coincidence.

Comment

Bringing back 2 yr old threads is one example. Another is the exact same ECNL threads get started in every single forum here on TS at the same time. There is nothing being done by coincidence.
                        Bingo! Type "This Weekend's ECNL Preview" (with quotes) into the search function. You'll see the truth.

Comment

Your assumption seems to be that once inside a thread that the posts become completely one sided. If you would take a step back and just read the titles of those 400 treads and look at the dates you might begin to see a different picture emerge. At the very least it is clear that there has been a definite quid pro quo when it comes bashing so your position that one group is being unfairly targeted rings very hollow. The fact is what has gone on here on TS has been very nasty and there are actually a lot of parties involved in it. You need to look in the mirror and recognize that you own a very sizable share of the blame because you keep doing things like bringing back 2 year old threads that open those clubs to criticism. To suggest that you are not smart enough to understand that bringing those threads back would not result in restarting the ECNL debate is an insult to your obvious intelligence. The reality is your personal agenda is becoming clearer with each passing post. You recognize all too well that the bashing actually serves these clubs more than it hinders them. NEFC's growth during a time period where they were clearly getting mauled here on TS shows as much that there is no such thing as bad PR.
                          LOL. Do you think starting a brand new thread -- when there already are dozens [why not do an update on your rearview mirror gig?] -- about "Propoganda Wars" and then pushing 400+ threads in front of everyone might have "restarted" something about ECNL, just as you wished btw. I brought up a couple of threads so people could actually see what is in them instead of just taking your slant on everything at face value and adopting your agenda-based conclusions without actually thinking. On the other issue, please make up your mind. You spent 2 years saying I was hurting those clubs by responding to you and adding to the target on their back. Now it's helping them. Make up your mind.

And aren't you well beyond the level of this "debate" anyway? Shouldn't you be debating details inside the national camp scene? But no, not only are you still very interested, you are the ringleader, the firesetter, the gasoline pourer. How's the resentment level today?

Comment

No old threads would have come up (and those were picked randomly as the first ones I saw) unless someone started yet another "propoganda wars" saga.

Comment

Yes or no...does YOUR club overtly approve or disapprove of your gig here on TS?

Comment

Yes or no...does YOUR club overtly approve or disapprove of your gig here on TS?
                                I still can't get past the idea that Perspective might be an 83 year old woman. My mind conjures up images of Harold & Maude, an old hearse, and bad CatStevens tunes...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X