Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Keep dreaming, Professor. Let's talk about a number you put up in a previous post. Eight million Obamacare enrollees. Now where did that number come from? Oh ya, from Barack (You can keep your policy if you like it ) Obama. Now let's look more deeply into those numbers. From the left leaning Politico:
    Hilarious. I have been reading Politco founder Jim Van de Hei's stuff sice he was chief water carrier for the Bush White House at the Washington Post. Good times.

Did you people know that Jim VandeHei's wife was a staffer for former GOP speaker of the house Tom Delay?

Yeah, left leaning all right.....

Wingnuts please stop making it so easy for me. you are all so self unaware and say stupid stuff like "left leaning" when its soo obvious that Politico was conceived by someone with quite a different "editorial perspective"

Too funny. See they never count on the fact that most people who walk and talk actually know more than their scared hysterical rabbit selves.

oh as far as deskewing those Obamacre numbers.....ius there any news on the last Presidential? Has the deskewing finally brought President Romney to office?

Folks this deskewing is going to end up same way. Due diligence....prices are coming down every day on plans.

They count on injecting their lies into the bloodstream prior to data flowing in. Poison the well.

Weak. Beneath my contempt. Even if I wasn't a peacenik I wouldn't trouble the back of my hand for them.

Comment

No...horrid because they are horrid. I do not agree with Allen West and I assert that decent people find these horrid:

There is more....check it out people:

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/20...-worst-quotes/

Hoisted with his own words.

I am going to get out on a limb here and say that I believe Allen West is a horrible human being. You wingnuts can have him and defend him all you want.

I can look up his "instructions" to his wife for his "homecoming" from the war but it might bring me down. Have never even thought of women that way so can't imagine actually treating them that horribly. But I guess that is the perspective of a normal person who has been able to have relationships with women based on equality. I haven't had to fall back on the traditional male "entitlement" of treating women like chattel and controlling their sexuality to "even" the playing field so I can compete with more "fit" males.

Its not that I have a moral problem with the sex act that Allen West demanded from his wife. Fine with that if BOTH partners agree. (I should note though that West's tea bagger fans of the fundamentalist persuasion define that as "sodomy" and a sin against God but hey, b ig tent and all).

No what I have a problem with is Allen West telling his wife that she WILL submit.

I apologize to the ladies out there for referring to the Tea Party as a clown car. That's making light of a serious issue and I shouldn't do that. Sorry ladies.
      Seriously, Professor? You and your Progressive friends are aware of Allen West's sex life? What did you do, put a camera in the bedroom? How about a link to You Tube since you are so anal about attributing sources.

Oh I get it! You're practicing the Democrats technique of "Stray Voltage" again. Throw enough sh*t against the wall and see what sticks.

You are a pretty dispicable human being, Professor. No one on either side of the political aisle could possibly support the character assaination of an honorable man, a BLACK veteran, no less, who served his country well. Typical hypocritical liberal.

Comment

Hilarious. I have been reading Politco founder Jim Van de Hei's stuff sice he was chief water carrier for the Bush White House at the Washington Post. Good times.

Did you people know that Jim VandeHei's wife was a staffer for former GOP speaker of the house Tom Delay?

Yeah, left leaning all right.....

Wingnuts please stop making it so easy for me. you are all so self unaware and say stupid stuff like "left leaning" when its soo obvious that Politico was conceived by someone with quite a different "editorial perspective"

Too funny. See they never count on the fact that most people who walk and talk actually know more than their scared hysterical rabbit selves.

oh as far as deskewing those Obamacre numbers.....ius there any news on the last Presidential? Has the deskewing finally brought President Romney to office?

Folks this deskewing is going to end up same way. Due diligence....prices are coming down every day on plans.

They count on injecting their lies into the bloodstream prior to data flowing in. Poison the well.

Weak. Beneath my contempt. Even if I wasn't a peacenik I wouldn't trouble the back of my hand for them.

Ya, right, Professor. Not only are you a hypocrite, but an obvious liar.
        James VandeHei*was previously a political reporter for 5 years for that right wing rag, The Washington Post. As an undergraduate, he served an internship with Democratic Senator*Herb Kohl. The fact that he married one of DeLay's staffers is about as important to his political views as James Carville's marriage to Mary Matalin.

But aside from all that the article was written by David Nather, who co-authored the book "Getting It Done" with former Senate Majority Leader, Tom Daschle, the Democrat senator from South Dakota. So not only does Politico lean left, so does the author. But again, nice try distracting from the point.

Comment

Seriously, Professor? You and your Progressive friends are aware of Allen West's sex life? What did you do, put a camera in the bedroom? How about a link to You Tube since you are so anal about attributing sources.

Oh I get it! You're practicing the Democrats technique of "Stray Voltage" again. Throw enough sh*t against the wall and see what sticks.

You are a pretty dispicable human being, Professor. No one on either side of the political aisle could possibly support the character assaination of an honorable man, a BLACK veteran, no less, who served his country well. Typical hypocritical liberal.
          See this is what is wrong with winguts...dear people do your OWN due diligence but there are over a QUARTER OF A MILLION HITS on google on this issue. A lot of them are comments from West's office but I'll tell you what you will NOT find...a simple denial.

Look how mad a tea bagger is about this! How much madder will he get to be once you all get to read the letter in Allen West's own handwriting! It will make them very mad for everyone to be able to see what a teabagger prince like Allen West thinks about his relationship with his accomplished wife...on the board of trustees at a university no less.

Allen seems ok through much of the letter but then lets Angela know that when he gets home he is giving her NO CHOICE about their sex life and the type of sex that he demands from her. He spells it out in pretty good detail. Here you go:

http://gossipextra.com/wp-content/up...allen_west.pdf

Letter seems to have been discarded to trash by West and therefore legally obtained. Perhaps he had to discard the letter in haste because it was written a few days before he left Iraq after an "incident" with a detainee that lead to his departure from military service.

You can look that up and decide for yourselves whether you see things my way...Allen West is a pretty horrid person.

More on unhinged Allen.

http://thegrio.com/2013/04/22/allen-...s-on-facebook/

I love it when wingnuts depend their patron saints.

Let's play a speed round....cause Im knocking off in a bit....for those of you playing at home with google and facebook and all that the keywords for today are "vance mcallister"

for forty points, why aren't wingnuts hounding this man to resign like they were hounding Anthony Weiner? I mean regardless of whether your opinion is that both should or shouldn't, what is different?

Bonus round: new keywords..."david Vitter" ..."elliot spitzer"...."diaper dave"...."DC Madam"....

SO for 100 points explain the "welfare entitlement" positions of the wingnut men from wingnut sates when they are in similar situations.

I remind you that Larry Craig served out his term.

TO be clear I am not a morality nag. FAR from it....I am just taking this little "turn blue" moral outrage weapon the wingnuts have been using for ages and insisting it be applied evenly either way so that the wingnuts can put their thirty year old moral wagging away and force them to confront reality.

So until then I'll provide you with whatever you need to read up on it on your own

Adult themes in that allen west letter but frankly any junior high kid meandering these forums has heard more at school...

Comment

Ya, right, Professor. Not only are you a hypocrite, but an obvious liar.
            James VandeHei*was previously a political reporter for 5 years for that right wing rag, The Washington Post. As an undergraduate, he served an internship with Democratic Senator*Herb Kohl. The fact that he married one of DeLay's staffers is about as important to his political views as James Carville's marriage to Mary Matalin.

But aside from all that the article was written by David Nather, who co-authored the book "Getting It Done" with former Senate Majority Leader, Tom Daschle, the Democrat senator from South Dakota. So not only does Politico lean left, so does the author. But again, nice try distracting from the point.
            So I apologize folks. I drifted away from the more fun perspective for me...talking to all the readers. I admit I am a bit touchy about some things and after that "women and children as human shields" crap from the people who lay claim to be true American Patriots I actually felt SLIGHTLY personally affronted by the teabaggers and that is something I have consciously avoided for some time now. I think that CAptain Courageous crap by those manly white supremacists, anarchists, etc played on me, a progressive, who had been hearing crap for the last several weeks about women from conservatives....like don't you worry about equal pay at all little lday, etc etc etc etc

So sorry.

So for those of you playing at home and those who know some things you can use the google and find out how Jim "Poolboy" VandeHei leveraged his wife's connections for access. Those of you who live in the real world know that you are not gifted with access without some small concessions.

The original point which the wingnut counts on you losng in his "chum" is his bald assertion that Politco is "left leaning"

I laughed at that. Did I go so far as to say right leaning? No...not yet at least.

Another founder. Roger Simon. Let's play word cloud for all you perfesser types out there (wingnuts cover your ears)....Stanford.....UChicago Jounalism....Hoover Insititute....not conclusive but if I forced you to bet whatever you would find smarts your wallet a little would you guess that Roger Simon is "left leaning" or "right leaning"?

Hey anyone remember that old show....Art Linkletter's "Little Wingnuts say the darndest things/" or am i so old I am misremembering?

Isn't there a third honcho there at politico? cant remember off hand.....

But what a silly little assertion..."left leaning"....that's why its so much better to talk past them which invariably means I have to talk over them so that I am understood better by you, the readers of this little corner of the world.

Comment

"Useful Idiots" is a pejorative term that was used by the Soviets to describe Soviet

sympathizers in Western countries and in the United States in particular. It is thought that

the Soviet leader Lenin was the first to use the term and it was used by the Soviets for

many years to ridicule misguided Americans who were willing to take the Soviet/Marxist

side against their own country. Some say that today the term "useful idiots" can be used

to describe those who support a malignant cause which they naïvely believe to be a force

for good. This is an attempt on the part of liberals to deflect the label of "useful idiots"

from themselves. Thus we have hippie/Marxist liberals saying that the term "useful idiots"

was used by the Soviets to refer to American capitalists and not the hippie/Marxist liberal

supporters of communism. Well, American liberals operate under the rules provided by

the Marxist Saul Alinsky, who said that any means were justified to bring about Marxism

in the United States. So, if the hippie/Marxist liberals say that capitalists were the "useful

idiots" to which the Soviets referred, then this lie is justified, and the more often the lie is

repeated, the greater the number of weak-minded and uninformed individuals that will

believe the lie.

Margaret Mead was another "useful idiot" who sang the praises of the Soviet Union while

Joseph Stalin imprisoned, butchered and starved to death millions of innocent Russians. Mead

was the ultimate liberal, an ardent feminist, and, as it turns out, not very bright. She obtained a

degree in psychology, which is like not going to college at all. Then she joined Franz Boaz at

Columbia University to study "cultural anthropology," which is just another name for the bogus

field of psychology, and Franz Boaz was also trained in psychology and not in anthropology.

After being "anointed" by Franz Boaz, Margaret Mead went off to Samoa to study the "primitive"

society there which she found to be "relaxed, sexually free, egalitarian and permissive."

Years later Derek Freeman, a real anthropologist, found Samoan society to be puritanical,

authoritarian, unequal and punitive. Just as in her false impression of Soviet society, Margaret

Mead saw what she wanted to see and not what was before her eyes. In other words, Mead

was easily duped by both the Soviets and the people of Samoa. Years later some of the

Samoans who had met Margaret Mead told Freeman that they had lied to Margaret Mead;

telling her what they thought she wanted to hear.

Liberals today vociferously defend Margaret Mead and her conclusions about Samoan

society in the late 1920s. The arrogance of liberals must never be underestimated. Liberals

believe that they can never be wrong on any subject. Liberals also still defend Rachel Carson

even though her book, Silent Spring, was a complete fraud and led to the death of between

37 million and 90 million people from malaria in Africa and Asia. The evil that liberals defended

was the banning of DDT because they believed DDT was harmful to birds, people and the

environment when, in reality, DDT was saving millions of lives. That mistake made the liberals

involved "useful idiots" in the defense of the environmental and animal "rights" movements.

Comment

Might stop by after 3 PM. Play nice and TRY to be good to people. Even you wingnuts.

Comment

No name calling there, right folks. A friend just reminded me of the time Sarah Palin, threat to entrenched power, called Nancy Pelosi a dingbat right there on FOX News.

See it isn't "name calling" when the tea bagging bed wetters do it....and I dont resort to that. I DO NOT NEED TO. THAT"S ALL THEY'VE GOT. Want to live in their world?

But the wingnut is offended that I insulted his heart throb?

Very tender touch people they are. Maybe mom isn't around any more to "kiss it" and heal their very delicate toddler-like sensibilities.

Such children.
                  So you put being called an "Alinskite" on the same level as being called "teabagging bed wetter"? You do seem to have a definite preoccupation with sex, Professor, but I wouldn't appreciate being called an Alinskite either. Far worse than being called a teabagger.

Comment

See this is what is wrong with winguts...dear people do your OWN due diligence but there are over a QUARTER OF A MILLION HITS on google on this issue. A lot of them are comments from West's office but I'll tell you what you will NOT find...a simple denial.

Look how mad a tea bagger is about this! How much madder will he get to be once you all get to read the letter in Allen West's own handwriting! It will make them very mad for everyone to be able to see what a teabagger prince like Allen West thinks about his relationship with his accomplished wife...on the board of trustees at a university no less.

Allen seems ok through much of the letter but then lets Angela know thundergraduate, he served an internship with Democratic Senator*Herb Kohlat when he gets home he is giving her NO CHOICE about their sex life and the type of sex that he demands from her. He spells it out in pretty good detail. Here you go:

http://gossipextra.com/wp-content/up...allen_west.pdf

Letter seems to have been discarded to trash by West and therefore legally obtained. Perhaps he had to discard the letter in haste because it was written a few days before he left Iraq after an "incident" with a detainee that lead to his departure from military service.

You can look that up and decide for yourselves whether you see things my way...Allen West is a pretty horrid person.

More on unhinged Allen.

http://thegrio.com/2013/04/22/allen-...s-on-facebook/

I love it when wingnuts depend their patron saints.

Let's play a speed round....cause Im knocking off in a bit....for those of you playing at home with google and facebook and all that the keywords for today are "vance mcallister"

for forty points, why aren't wingnuts hounding this man to resign like they were hounding Anthony Weiner? I mean regardless of whether your opinion is that both should or shouldn't, what is different?

Bonus round: new keywords..."david Vitter" ..."elliot spitzer"...."diaper dave"...."DC Madam"....

SO for 100 points explain the "welfare entitlement" positions of the wingnut men from wingnut sates when they are in similar situations.

I remind you that Larry Craig served out his term.

TO be clear I am not a morality nag. FAR from it....I am just taking this little "turn blue" moral outrage weapon the wingnuts have been using for ages and insisting it be applied evenly either way so that the wingnuts can put their thirty year old moral wagging away and force them to confront reality.

So until then I'll provide you with whatever you need to read up on it on your own

Adult themes in that allen west letter but frankly any junior high kid meandering these forums has heard more at school...
                    YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING! How can anone take serious a poster who uses Gossip Extra as a source of their information??? Professor, you need to get off the computer and go lie down for a while. You've REALLY lost it.

Comment

Why is this ad being shown?

http://milled.com/messages/2014-04-1...NKGCQ0Hu1o.jpg

Because at the top of the ad read "Mom's the bomb. Shop a curated collection of gifts just for her!" and a nutty liberal, Melrose Alderman and “Community Outreach Director” Mary Beth Mcateer-Margolis, took offense to it. I wonder if she could be married to the Professor or Perspective.

http://michaelgraham.com/wp-content/...0.14.14-AM.png

Comment

Back to the hypocrisy theme. This one is a good one!

If the Rev. Al Sharpton, the bigoted, anti-Semitic, non-tax paying race-hustling poverty pimp, had any credibility left, it just vanished. The beneficiary of a lifetime of passes from our race-conscious mainscream media, Sharpton ran into an ****** not afraid of him -- The Smoking Gun. They obtained material that exposed Sharpton as an FBI "informant."

In 2002, HBO aired 19-year-old FBI hidden camera video of Sharpton with a self-described mobster and an undercover FBI agent posing as a Latin-American "businessman." The three discussed promoting boxing matches and musical events. It also shows the undercover agent trying to convince Sharpton to play a middleman in a big cocaine buy. They discuss "4 million" in "coke," a "six week" time frame, a price tag of "$35,000 a kilo" with "$3,500" to Sharpton for "every kilogram" brought in.

Sharpton, on tape, was agreeable to all terms.

Sharpton later said he agreed because he was scared. But, according to the New York Post, a former Sharpton aide said: "It was greed. (Sharpton) just wanted money." Sharpton cut a deal. The ex-aide said: "Sharpton moved on it, and they sprung the trap on him right away. They got him. Al told me himself. He bit and took the bait. ... Sharpton said they could do whatever they wanted with him after that. ... Either he worked for them or they put that news out there that he was into coke." The "civil rights" leader who condemned drugs while attempting to deal them snitched to save his hide -- nothing more, nothing less, nothing noble.

The "civil rights" leader became famous by falsely accusing a man of raping Tawana Brawley, only to be held liable for defamation. Since then, Sharpton has compiled an impressive and lengthy rap sheet of race-card hustles. This includes Crown Heights, to take just one.

Sharpton turned a tragic auto accident into a racial incident after a 7-year-old black child was killed in Crown Heights (in Brooklyn) when a car driven by a Hasidic Jew went out of control. Sharpton derided Jews as "diamond merchants" and led 400 protesters through the Jewish section of Crown Heights, with one protester holding a sign that read, "The White Man Is the Devil." There were four nights of rock- and bottle-throwing. A young Talmudic scholar was surrounded by a mob shouting, "Kill the Jew," and was stabbed to death. A hundred others were injured. Sharpton bellowed, "If the Jews want to get it on, tell them to pin their yarmulkes back and come over to my house."

The "civil rights leader" has also managed to avoid jail despite being millions of dollars light in federal and state income taxes.

The IRS, should it turn its attention away from tea party applications, might be curious.

Celebritynetworth.com clocks him in at $5 million, plus.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...#ixzz2zGObWrqM

Comment

War on women alert: One of the most forceful fighters against misogyny in the modern era is under attack.

Somali-born Ayaan Hirsi Ali has been a vocal critic of women's oppression under Islamic law. She's blasted arranged marriage, legally sanctioned domestic violence, genital mutilation, and the killing of adulteresses and rape victims. Despite being a supporter of abortion rights, an atheist, and an advocate of gay and women's rights, she is despised by many who claim to be defenders of women's rights. Over the years, they have worked to delegitimize her in the hopes that she will be silenced.

The latest effort was a successful campaign to pressure Brandeis University into withdrawing its offer of an honorary degree. Her offense? Expressing the wrong opinions.

Double standards

In reviewing her book, Nomad, Nicholas Kristof lamented that, "Hirsi Ali denounces Islam with a ferocity that I find strident. … Her memoir suggests that she never quite outgrew her rebellious teenager phase." Yes, if only she would be more demure in describing her own oppression. Guardian columnist Emma Brockes complained that in criticizing Islam, Hirsi Ali "is startlingly direct" and is "deliberately, almost narcissistically provocative."

Yet, when author Anne Rice announced she had "quit Christianity" because it was anti-gay, anti-feminist and anti-science, Brockes only wanted to know "what took her so long?" Speaking of "startlingly direct," Rice said, "(I) began to really study (Catholicism) and I found that it was not an honorable religion, that it was not honest."

So, condemning the Catholic Church and Christianity broad-brush is heroic. But a woman who breaks with and criticizes Islam is a mouthy, immature narcissist who must be silenced. Got it.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinio...olumn/7782657/

Comment

http://www.nationaljournal.com/polit...ndits-20140418

Comment

The common thread of humanity that connects us all – not just Christians and Jews, but Muslims and Hindus and Sikhs – is our shared commitment to love our neighbors as we love ourselves. To remember, I am my brother’s keeper. I am my sister’s keeper.

Whatever your faith, believer or nonbeliever, there’s no better time to rededicate ourselves to that universal mission.

Uniting not dividing. We all ultimately must choose the vision of the world our hearts will pursue. This statement stands in stark contrast to the visions of a minority but do not let that bring you down. I hope everyone has a peaceful and restful weekend.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1229181]War on women alert: One of the most forceful fighters against misogyny in the modern era is under attack.

Somali-born Ayaan Hirsi Ali has been a vocal critic of women's oppression under Islamic law. She's blasted arranged marriage, legally sanctioned domestic violence, genital mutilation, and the killing of adulteresses and rape victims. Despite being a supporter of abortion rights, an atheist, and an advocate of gay and women's rights, she is despised by many who claim to be defenders of women's rights. Over the years, they have worked to delegitimize her in the hopes that she will be silenced.

The latest effort was a successful campaign to pressure Brandeis University into withdrawing its offer of an honorary degree. Her offense? Expressing the wrong opinions.

Double standards

Brandeis is a private university. The merits of the argument are irrelevant if one happens to be a person who always supports the right of a corporation like Hobby Lobby to exercise their "free speech" by denying contraception coverage or anything else.

When the same people who fiercely advocate for the "hobby lobby's" of the world then demonize similar entities, the good readers at home are MORE than smart enough to be aware that someone is exercising a personal agenda.

Ask your own wingnut relatives and freinds to explain that "double standard" to you over a friendly "cup of" as I often do. You'll have as much fun as I do when you see that stammer....its best to do it in front of others too! Have fun and play nice!

There is a passage in Elizabeth Warren's new book that is instructive. When asking a GOP representative, former FBI agent why he didn't want the feds to rein in Wall Street, he told her he didn't beleive in federal governemnt. She asked him then if he didn't believe in the FBI and he told her that well he believed in the bureau but nothing else.

Isn't that always the story about the angry men? Federal power is fine as long as it is for use against those that they don't like. Anything else? Fuggedaboutit.

Like the crackpot Nevada rancher...believes in government of Nevada but does not recognize the EXISTENCE of the USA. They run around and call everyone commies and marxists etc while they support people like this? Remember all those years the same people told us if you weren't behind waterboarding and incessant war you were a friend of the enemies of the USA.

There must be a lot of powdered wigs for sale on craigslist these days.

In reviewing her book, Nomad, Nicholas Kristof lamented that, "Hirsi Ali denounces Islam with a ferocity that I find strident. … Her memoir suggests that she never quite outgrew her rebellious teenager phase." Yes, if only she would be more demure in describing her own oppression. Guardian columnist Emma Brockes complained that in criticizing Islam, Hirsi Ali "is startlingly direct" and is "deliberately, almost narcissistically provocative."

Yet, when author Anne Rice announced she had "quit Christianity" because it was anti-gay, anti-feminist and anti-science, Brockes only wanted to know "what took her so long?" Speaking of "startlingly direct," Rice said, "(I) began to really study (Catholicism) and I found that it was not an honorable religion, that it was not honest."

So, condemning the Catholic Church and Christianity broad-brush is heroic. But a woman who breaks with and criticizes Islam is a mouthy, immature narcissist who must be silenced. Got it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X