Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    My question is... why do Americans think that we must learn the game from these Brits that all these corporate clubs seem to import so frequently??

They haven't won a damn thing since '66 & they're deathly afraid of Vikings.

You don't think American coaches can develop the game here? psssh.
    I think it's the other way around. These Brits think they know more about the game than we do and so they band together to form soccer organizations. Without a doubt, they are fans of the game more than we are, and most of these GPS coaches all have played at a very rudimentary level. Have you ever witnessed any of them actively playing? They all pretty much suck. I really don't think we're enamored by their accents all that much, I just think we flock to them because American coaches are far worse. They never played and don't even look the part. 48 inch waists and constantly screaming tactical instructions they know nothing about.

Comment

I think it's the other way around. These Brits think they know more about the game than we do and so they band together to form soccer organizations. Without a doubt, they are fans of the game more than we are, and most of these GPS coaches all have played at a very rudimentary level. Have you ever witnessed any of them actively playing? They all pretty much suck. I really don't think we're enamored by their accents all that much, I just think we flock to them because American coaches are far worse. They never played and don't even look the part. 48 inch waists and constantly screaming tactical instructions they know nothing about.
      Your description of the GPS coaches does not match ours.

Comment

Your description of the GPS coaches does not match ours.
        Any really good GPS coach we've ever had has quickly left. Left to coach at the college here, or left to coach at a higher level at home.

Comment

Any really good GPS coach we've ever had has quickly left. Left to coach at the college here, or left to coach at a higher level at home.
          The good coaches in our program stick around. Years at this point, and more coming in.

Comment

It's a pretty competitive career. If you're good and motivated you'll move up. Some clubs are stepping stones for something bigger. Nothing wrong with that as long as parents understand that. Same for players - go in at entry level and move up. This is a lifetime career or club relationship

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X