X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Thanks for nothing Nigel!
    My daughter and Nigel had a blowout yesterday. He's looking for a place this Fall. To the OP, Nigel is wondering if you have a teenage daughter.

Comment

My daughter and Nigel had a blowout yesterday. He's looking for a place this Fall. To the OP, Nigel is wondering if you have a teenage daughter.
      Or son.

Comment

Or son.
        Or sheep

Comment

Or sheep
          That would be Liam (Nigel's best mate), he just entered the US on B-1 visa, looking for a pad for the Fall soccer season. Liam maintains the sheep privates most closely resembles the real thing.

Comment

I am the OP from yesterday. Came back today and saw 2 pages and thought that I would get some good and bad. I assume one of the other posters is correct that most of this is from one Jerk. Thanks for nothing. I really was looking for some personal experience.
            Former GPS parent. I can't speak to hosting but know a parent on our prior team who had a good experience. Though that kid ultimately left GPS too.

Just know that these are often young guys who are still kids. They eat like kids, act like kids. And they may need some parental/adult support/help.

They are brought here and just sort of thrown into it, without a lot of support.

But I do think hosting can be a good thing on both sides.

Comment

While the jokes are a bit much, it's not far off.

Lots of the coaches have or are looking for American girlfriends.

Heck, the Central DOC has a kid with one of the coaches.

Comment

So, a young man moves overseas and wants to have a girlfriend. Shocking.

(No, not condoning shacking up with a host family)

Comment

So, a young man moves overseas and wants to have a girlfriend. Shocking.

(No, not condoning shacking up with a host family)
                  I wonder if this strategy works for older men - see you later, going to Iceland!

Comment

That would be Liam (Nigel's best mate), he just entered the US on B-1 visa, looking for a pad for the Fall soccer season. Liam maintains the sheep privates most closely resembles the real thing.
                    He said american sheep have nicer teeth than what they have back home.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                      he said american sheep have nicer teeth than what they have back home.
                      baaaaaa.....baaaaaa!

Comment

Former GPS parent. I can't speak to hosting but know a parent on our prior team who had a good experience. Though that kid ultimately left GPS too.

Just know that these are often young guys who are still kids. They eat like kids, act like kids. And they may need some parental/adult support/help.

They are brought here and just sort of thrown into it, without a lot of support.

But I do think hosting can be a good thing on both sides.
                        You've got to be out of your mind to invite the kind of person you describe into your home. Seriously, what am I missing here? I understand "exchange student"; I understand inviting Nigel over for dinner (often); I don't understand opening up the home to a strange man.

Comment

You've got to be out of your mind to invite the kind of person you describe into your home. Seriously, what am I missing here? I understand "exchange student"; I understand inviting Nigel over for dinner (often); I don't understand opening up the home to a strange man.
                          Maybe it was the milf's idea!

Comment

Even exchange students can be a disaster. My BIL had one that was a nut job!

But to the OP - this is TS. Did you really expect a good answer here? Contact the club and get names a few prior hosts for a better answer

Comment

Aaah mah, knock it off! Stop it, you're embarrassing me!

Comment

66 North

My question is... why do Americans think that we must learn the game from these Brits that all these corporate clubs seem to import so frequently??

They haven't won a damn thing since '66 & they're deathly afraid of Vikings.

You don't think American coaches can develop the game here? psssh.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X