Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Or you could say that FCB has dropped off a bit. Too early to tell but that is a possibility. We should know more in a few weeks when GPS NPL, Breakers ECNL and Liverpool FC are all at the NEFC tournament.
    Don't forget about Aztec and Select heading down to Spirit that weekend

Comment

Lets be honest. We will not be able to get a good picture until after the Stars Cup. Yes we night learn something in a few weeks but when they are all playing at the same tournament then we will see what happens.

Comment

Lets be honest. We will not be able to get a good picture until after the Stars Cup. Yes we night learn something in a few weeks but when they are all playing at the same tournament then we will see what happens.
        I disagree. With SSS and Aztec in the same flight at Spirit and GPS, Breakers and Liverpool FC in the same group at NEFC we should know more than you think before the stars cup.

Comment

I disagree. With SSS and Aztec in the same flight at Spirit and GPS, Breakers and Liverpool FC in the same group at NEFC we should know more than you think before the stars cup.
          What should we know? How little girls chase a ball? It's a pre-season tournament that will mean little or nothing at the end of spring 2017 when team chemistry actually exists.

You need to get a grip on the timing of the next few weeks tournaments.

Comment

What should we know? How little girls chase a ball? It's a pre-season tournament that will mean little or nothing at the end of spring 2017 when team chemistry actually exists.

I agree that during the spring we should see a more complete product. We will be able to see how the birth year changes have affected some of these teams over the next few weeks. Some teams may have improved. The next few weeks could show that.

Comment

I agree that during the spring we should see a more complete product. We will be able to see how the birth year changes have affected some of these teams over the next few weeks. Some teams may have improved. The next few weeks could show that.
              The reality is most if not all of these teams have 3-6 returning players and the rest of the roster is from internal and external teams/clubs. When you mix together players from 2-4 different teams, it takes a while from them to gel and play well together. Hopefully that is the case with most if not all. but there will be a few cases where the gelling doesn't happen. Those teams will underperform (i.e. Aztec U13G team last season)

Comment

The reality is most if not all of these teams have 3-6 returning players and the rest of the roster is from internal and external teams/clubs. When you mix together players from 2-4 different teams, it takes a while from them to gel and play well together. Hopefully that is the case with most if not all. but there will be a few cases where the gelling doesn't happen. Those teams will underperform (i.e. Aztec U13G team last season)
                I agree with this poster. My daughters team has 5 players that played on their U13 NPL team last year. I did hear, however, SSS kept their teams intact from last year. So their U12 team from last year is exactly the same. They should be well ahead of most teams because of this.

Comment

I agree with this poster. My daughters team has 5 players that played on their U13 NPL team last year. I did hear, however, SSS kept their teams intact from last year. So their U12 team from last year is exactly the same. They should be well ahead of most teams because of this.
                  How are they allowed not to switch to birth year?

Comment

How are they allowed not to switch to birth year?
                    They kept u14 (2003) and up together, so those girls are playing birth year or a few months up. U13 (2004) and below went full birth year.

Comment

Aztec have 9 players from last year. They are going to be very good.

Comment

The List (in no particular order) Weekend Preview

1. Stars: Ginger and the girls off to Chicago for the Eclipse Challenge Cup
                        2. FCB: THE 2016 Cranberry Cup Champs (215 Got Soccer Points!) are off.
                        3. Breakers (NEFC): Off
                        4. SSS: Off
                        5. Aztecs: Off
                        6. GPS: Off
                        7. Liverpool FC: Off
                        8. Stars West: Off (I think)

Notes:
                        -Good Luck to Stars in Chicago. Interesting match up with Eclipse ECNL and possibly Weston in the Finals. Scores and details from parents always appreciated.
                        -Obviously, everyone else is off, but next weekend should be telling (Stars and FCB possibly square off in the Stars "Friendlies" aka Stars Cup warmups...Breakers/NEFC, GPS and Liverpool headline the NEFC Fall Kick-Off...and kudos for SSS and Aztecs for mixing it up with some of the Penn Powerhouses in the Spirit Cup).

Comment

The List (in no particular order) Weekend Preview

1. Stars: Ginger and the girls off to Chicago for the Eclipse Challenge Cup
                          2. FCB: THE 2016 Cranberry Cup Champs (215 Got Soccer Points!) are off.
                          3. Breakers (NEFC): Off
                          4. SSS: Off
                          5. Aztecs: Off
                          6. GPS: Off
                          7. Liverpool FC: Off
                          8. Stars West: Off (I think)

Notes:
                          -Good Luck to Stars in Chicago. Interesting match up with Eclipse ECNL and possibly Weston in the Finals. Scores and details from parents always appreciated.
                          -Obviously, everyone else is off, but next weekend should be telling (Stars and FCB possibly square off in the Stars "Friendlies" aka Stars Cup warmups...Breakers/NEFC, GPS and Liverpool headline the NEFC Fall Kick-Off...and kudos for SSS and Aztecs for mixing it up with some of the Penn Powerhouses in the Spirit Cup).
                          Like this post new 2003 list guy. Keep up the good work.
                          FYI- there is nothing friendly about stars cup! Win or be forgotten

Comment

THE List would like to point out, that this volatility is exactly why The List exists.
                            It's fun. people read it week-to-week because the results that move The List are intriguing - especially so when Elite Club has to posture as to why early season results shouldn't matter. I'll be reading. Have fun, and be nice.

Comment

Looks as if 03 ecnl team is out of the finals. A Nebraska team bumped the girls out. Any details of that game would be good to hear.

Looks like every stars team is playing consolation games today.

Comment

Looks as if 03 ecnl team is out of the finals. A Nebraska team bumped the girls out. Any details of that game would be good to hear.

Looks like every stars team is playing consolation games today.
                                Not there, nor am I stars parent, but looks like both U13 & U14 Stars teams lost out on playoffs by tie-breaker. They both had same record as team that advanced out of their brackets.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X