Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Another reason wouldn't encourage my kids to tryout for teams at "that level". Maybe put up with it with revs. It's pay to play and I'd rather have my kid "go down a level" and play a lot.

Makes you wonder how much parents are living thru kids and tolerating getting bumped because it's less about your kid enjoying playing a game and more about "playing at that level" and the bragging right that come with it. Hence the emphasis and need to spin their accomplishments.
    Do you think a kid wants to be bumped? Do they control the roster, player selection? You think a parent wants to sacrifice time and money just for "bragging rights"? I guess you do.
    Rights?

Comment

Another reason wouldn't encourage my kids to tryout for teams at "that level". Maybe put up with it with revs. It's pay to play and I'd rather have my kid "go down a level" and play a lot.

Makes you wonder how much parents are living thru kids and tolerating getting bumped because it's less about your kid enjoying playing a game and more about "playing at that level" and the bragging right that come with it. Hence the emphasis and need to spin their accomplishments.
      Thanks BTNT.

Comment

Do you think a kid wants to be bumped? Do they control the roster, player selection? You think a parent wants to sacrifice time and money just for "bragging rights"? I guess you do.
        Rights?
        I think it's a factor. If your kid is good enough to play for one of the top teams but periodically get bumped or travel a long distance and sit why not drop down a level and play? I could barely rationalize all the travel etc if my kid was one of the best players on these teams.

The claims of greatness is a perk and if the families are posting it on Facebook, pitting it on holiday cards and talking about it at bbq's I am sure it's a factor.

Comment

Not true and not cheating. Please Read the tournament rules before you embarrass yourself ( not that you care).
          NEFC cheats, shocking!

Comment

Desperation

i guess it is. you pay, practice and play all year to be bumped by a stud from another club. not sure fierce is the adjective I'd use. how are you "competing" with a kid on anotherteam all year? unfair or fraudulent seems more apropos
            Hah. Bumped? Desperate. Stud? maybe in the pasture. ridiculous. Everyones on holiday. the desperate can't take a break from sheer terror /fear they will lose their skills and clubs eat up the desperation.

Comment

Hah. Bumped? Desperate. Stud? maybe in the pasture. ridiculous. Everyones on holiday. the desperate can't take a break from sheer terror /fear they will lose their skills and clubs eat up the desperation.
              In America, we go on vacation.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X