Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    MPS was very different. It was local to MA with a totally different structure. GPS expanded to NE region and now are expanding nationally with a "national" team. VERY different model and far more lucrative. And back in the early boys DAP days MPS was a major development of talent for the Revs. Not sure if that is still the case with GPS. You would think they would offer incentives to the top players to stay with GPS and dangle the national team as the incentive.
    With MPS being owned by the Bradley's and then GPS formed by them in 2011, I don't know how you can say its very different. They took their money making machine in Mass and replicated it in other states. Simply an economics of scale.

If you want to take an interesting walk down memory lane, check out the Maple club list from 2005 or 2006. So much has changed in 10 years. Remember AC Milan? FC Puma before they merged to form NEFC. Stars had only 7 teams in 2005. Liverpool went from 1 team in 2005 to 4 teams the next year. Some clubs made in through the decade, so many dropped out.

Comment

National team? C'mon man!
      Is the GPS National Team similar to the Super Y ODP program? LOL

Comment

Is the GPS National Team similar to the Super Y ODP program? LOL
        Where does the superdy-duper "National Team" play? Is there a superdy-duper "National League?"

Comment

Where does the superdy-duper "National Team" play? Is there a superdy-duper "National League?"
          super funny post

Comment

With MPS being owned by the Bradley's and then GPS formed by them in 2011, I don't know how you can say its very different. They took their money making machine in Mass and replicated it in other states. Simply an economics of scale.

If you want to take an interesting walk down memory lane, check out the Maple club list from 2005 or 2006. So much has changed in 10 years. Remember AC Milan? FC Puma before they merged to form NEFC. Stars had only 7 teams in 2005. Liverpool went from 1 team in 2005 to 4 teams the next year. Some clubs made in through the decade, so many dropped out.
            My kid just finished his club soccer career so I do remember when MAPLE and ODP were the path and then that all changed when he was around U14. I don't think the quality has improved much - it just go a lot more expensive unless you play for the Revs.

Comment

My kid just finished his club soccer career so I do remember when MAPLE and ODP were the path and then that all changed when he was around U14. I don't think the quality has improved much - it just go a lot more expensive unless you play for the Revs.
              I completely agree. The quality hasn't changed, just the price.

Comment

65,000 players across 16 States with a Bayern Munich affiliation but do not have a strong team accept the U13 team which I understand is the bult of the 02 team next year. They will be average at best with the age group change. GPS in MA and any other state is average at best. Is the dollar store idea with high prices. The sell junk and but people pay top dollar. If your son or daughter plays for GPS go check out Stars, NEFC or FCB training session. You will see a big difference. What I also love about GPS is the charge a high price tag but put 4 to 6 teams on 1 field to train. We trained next to them last year at Taunton and the coaches were not very good and they did a lot of running. I have seen better high school training sessions.

Comment

65,000 players across 16 States with a Bayern Munich affiliation but do not have a strong team accept the U13 team which I understand is the bult of the 02 team next year. They will be average at best with the age group change. GPS in MA and any other state is average at best. Is the dollar store idea with high prices. The sell junk and but people pay top dollar. If your son or daughter plays for GPS go check out Stars, NEFC or FCB training session. You will see a big difference. What I also love about GPS is the charge a high price tag but put 4 to 6 teams on 1 field to train. We trained next to them last year at Taunton and the coaches were not very good and they did a lot of running. I have seen better high school training sessions.
                  12 kids on 9v9 teams, once a week they practice together, the other two days they do not. Each has their own coach.

Very good coaches, great rapport with them all, even when I may not agree with them all the time, open communication, personable. Pricing is half of what everyone quotes around here.

Very glad for GPS and the development my child is getting from them.

Comment

12 kids on 9v9 teams, once a week they practice together, the other two days they do not. Each has their own coach.

Very good coaches, great rapport with them all, even when I may not agree with them all the time, open communication, personable. Pricing is half of what everyone quotes around here.

Very glad for GPS and the development my child is getting from them.
                    I've watched a lot of GPS 9v9 games. They usually have at least 6 if not 8 players on the bench. This is complete BS.

One practice together per week? You offer that like it's acceptable.

Comment

I've watched a lot of GPS 9v9 games. They usually have at least 6 if not 8 players on the bench. This is complete BS.

Two teams of different levels practice together once a week. One more practice, they are on the same field with different coaches, each coaching their own team. One team practices an additional time, which is just the 12.

Each team carries about 12 players (11-13). A few of the better on the lower team will fill in on the top team if necessary (conflicts), but I can't recall there ever being anywhere close to the # of players when we are playing (not watching a lot).

BS is someone not part of the program dishing information that don't know about. I don't prattle on about Stars, NEFC, Abby Villa, Seacoast, nametheclub, etc etc because I don't know.

Comment

Can't stand the idiots on this board who post anonymously spreading their bullcrap. Get a life. I have kids on both NEFC and GPS teams. Guess what, NEFC doubled up team practice for my daughter's team winter and spring. In the winter, they got a 1/4 of the field to work on. In the spring, they got half... that was for two teams practicing together. We didn't even have our coach for half the games and half the practices.

All the clubs are a rip off. If you don't like it, don't pay it or suck it up and pay the price. As far as pricing goes, NEFC and GPS cost me the same this year. It does get more expensive for U13/14 GPS, but they include a residential camp and additional tournaments, so again, it isn't overpriced for what you get. Don't like the price? Don't play for them.

Personally, NEFC boys was a joke and we couldn't wait to leave. GPS was much better organized and coached. NEFC girls was cheaper and better coached. YMMV.

Comment

Can't stand the idiots on this board who post anonymously spreading their bullcrap. Get a life. I have kids on both NEFC and GPS teams. Guess what, NEFC doubled up team practice for my daughter's team winter and spring. In the winter, they got a 1/4 of the field to work on. In the spring, they got half... that was for two teams practicing together. We didn't even have our coach for half the games and half the practices.

All the clubs are a rip off. If you don't like it, don't pay it or suck it up and pay the price. As far as pricing goes, NEFC and GPS cost me the same this year. It does get more expensive for U13/14 GPS, but they include a residential camp and additional tournaments, so again, it isn't overpriced for what you get. Don't like the price? Don't play for them.

Personally, NEFC boys was a joke and we couldn't wait to leave. GPS was much better organized and coached. NEFC girls was cheaper and better coached. YMMV.
                          Good info. What was the increase at GPS when you went up to U13/U14?

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                            good info. What was the increase at gps when you went up to u13/u14?
                            $2000

Comment

They need to have a full roster in case of "injuries". They overbooked our team this year and had kids rotate sitting out games. This was AFTER we asked what the roster size was going to be.

What a joke of an organization...

Comment

My son played for MPS / GPS and then went on to play Academy. Now playing in college. GPS did a good job developing and training him for higher level soccer. Yes the Bradleys' are running a business but we will not complain since they were a good stop on the path to college soccer. Not everything was rosy and it appears that there are still many similar issues with the club. There is no "perfect" soccer option in this area and that includes Academy. Our son enjoyed his experiences and the issues with GPS and Academy pissed us off far more than him. If it is not bothering your child then let it go, if it is, then move on.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X