Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

195 Million Dollars - it's clearly a good business model

And a business the pimples on their butts here in MA must be left saying "I wish we did that"

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I am not a big GPS fan but.... no one here actually knows what went on with Needham and GPS.
      I do know and I can tell you GPS tried to screw Needham over this year with a money grab borderline extortion. It is shocking how brazen Joe Bradley can be.

Comment

Once again-Applebee's

Comment

Oh, here we're defending business motives, right, BTNT? Because you had a kid who played for MPS? Ever notice any patterns with your opinions dependent on your own personal feelings and allegiances? Transparently phony. A poser extraordinaire.

Comment

none of you have a kid on a GPS team but if you did you would realize it's the best club around. The opportunities GPS provides and the coaching are top notch. I will never be able to thank GPS enough for bringing the best out in my kids.

Comment

none of you have a kid on a GPS team but if you did you would realize it's the best club around. The opportunities GPS provides and the coaching are top notch. I will never be able to thank GPS enough for bringing the best out in my kids.
              Wow. Even better than NEFC?

Comment

I'm suprised there's so much angst over GPS on here. I'd think it would be love or apathy.

If I don't like something I ignore it. Pay it no attention. There has to be an alterior motive for the hate

Comment

You should spend more time with your kids if you need a soccer club to bring out the best in them.

Comment

"What I would like to know is how many on going on to play Division 1 (maybe 2 and 3) soccer and/or playing professional ball. How many GPS players are now in the Bayern Academy in Germany?"

That is a good question to ask. GPS is only a few years old. MPS was a very different model. By player volume they should place more in college programs in two or three years time than other teams in MA. If not it means they are not attracting talent but only middle to upper class $$. On the boys side there a quite a few college commits. See college thread. As far a playing pro I predict zero players will be good enough for that.

Comment

"What I would like to know is how many on going on to play Division 1 (maybe 2 and 3) soccer and/or playing professional ball. How many GPS players are now in the Bayern Academy in Germany?"

That is a good question to ask. GPS is only a few years old. MPS was a very different model. By player volume they should place more in college programs in two or three years time than other teams in MA. If not it means they are not attracting talent but only middle to upper class $$. On the boys side there a quite a few college commits. See college thread. As far a playing pro I predict zero players will be good enough for that.
                      Apple. Bees. Glossy menus and a kitchen full of microwaves.

Comment

Boys maybe yes.
                        Girls program is pathetic

Comment

MPS model was very similar. Recruit parents on the sidelines of MTOC matches. Accept any and all kids that had interest, no tryout needed. Charge the highest fees around. After a year or two, parents realize they are paying too much and leave for other nearby clubs. Coaches go back to the sidelines to recruit again.

Comment

MPS model was very similar. Recruit parents on the sidelines of MTOC matches. Accept any and all kids that had interest, no tryout needed. Charge the highest fees around. After a year or two, parents realize they are paying too much and leave for other nearby clubs. Coaches go back to the sidelines to recruit again.
                            MPS was very different. It was local to MA with a totally different structure. GPS expanded to NE region and now are expanding nationally with a "national" team. VERY different model and far more lucrative. And back in the early boys DAP days MPS was a major development of talent for the Revs. Not sure if that is still the case with GPS. You would think they would offer incentives to the top players to stay with GPS and dangle the national team as the incentive.

Comment

MPS was very different. It was local to MA with a totally different structure. GPS expanded to NE region and now are expanding nationally with a "national" team. VERY different model and far more lucrative. And back in the early boys DAP days MPS was a major development of talent for the Revs. Not sure if that is still the case with GPS. You would think they would offer incentives to the top players to stay with GPS and dangle the national team as the incentive.
                              National team? C'mon man!

Comment

GPS is simply growing too fast and they've lost quality control.

They will literally accept ANYONE, which dilutes the teams. Just beacuase 18 or so are allowed on a roster, doesn't mean a team should have that many kids at 9v9.

There are some good players and teams in their thousands player pool. There should be at those numbers. But there are many more weak players and teams. Even at the Elite level. There are "Elite" teams in lower level NEP brackets.

And the coaching is inconsistent. There are some good coaches. But many are lazy or burnt out. And the DOC (at least for the region we left) doesn't seem to care. There is always a new sucker that will sign up after being sold a bill of lies.

If you have an ok to awful player looking to dip his toes in club soccer, GPS may be the right fit.

If you have a player looking to grow and be challenged, you'll likely end up frustrated.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X