Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If the "good" kids are leaving, they certainly don't seem to be coming back at HS. So where are they going?
    Girls play hs around here. They want the social aspect.

I encourage my D against playing town soccer because it's awful and waste of time. I will however support her playing hs because of the memories hs sports left for me.

Comment

Girls play hs around here. They want the social aspect.

I encourage my D against playing town soccer because it's awful and waste of time. I will however support her playing hs because of the memories hs sports left for me.
      Problem in Shrewsbury is now those awful years and poorly coached players are the core of the varsity team. Why would a freshman who plays at nefc or stars on the top team come back after being treated badly to play with the "stars" of SYS. Most girls in Shrewsbury won't come back even though they could be starting and playing every minute as a freshman. I've seen this happen for the last three years and the MS players have no desire to come back either. The entire SYS board should be transitioned to new parents who are open minded about club vs town and realistic/fair about their own kids.

Comment

Problem in Shrewsbury is now those awful years and poorly coached players are the core of the varsity team. Why would a freshman who plays at nefc or stars on the top team come back after being treated badly to play with the "stars" of SYS. Most girls in Shrewsbury won't come back even though they could be starting and playing every minute as a freshman. I've seen this happen for the last three years and the MS players have no desire to come back either. The entire SYS board should be transitioned to new parents who are open minded about club vs town and realistic/fair about their own kids.
        Not totally buying this explanation. At least the HS has the right coach who could potentially get something out of those kids.

Comment

Not totally buying this explanation. At least the HS has the right coach who could potentially get something out of those kids.
          HS has nothing to do with youth. So way are girls not coming back to play. Seems silly on their part. They have a good coach now. Seems like a no brainer to come and play in HS.

The only thing I see is the ding dongs running SYS are not helping the program, but the kids are getting smart and leaving SYS to play club. They just need to come back and play HS.

Comment

HS has nothing to do with youth. So way are girls not coming back to play. Seems silly on their part. They have a good coach now. Seems like a no brainer to come and play in HS.

The only thing I see is the ding dongs running SYS are not helping the program, but the kids are getting smart and leaving SYS to play club. They just need to come back and play HS.
            Not the OP and I agree to a certain extent but the issue is these girls who were glorified in SYS (daughters of coaches) are currently the queen B's on the HS team.
            They don't really want talented club players as freshman to come in and take their spots as juniors and seniors. Its sad but the HS team players are not welcoming at all.
            I'm sure the coach (who is from a top club) would love to have these 3-4 young players each year who could really boost the program.
            These girls were treated pretty badly and sometimes even put on second teams and/or benched due to petty insecurities. SYS is totally broken. Start over with the U6/U7 and appreciate hard work and talent and don't make playing club a bad thing.

Comment

Not the OP and I agree to a certain extent but the issue is these girls who were glorified in SYS (daughters of coaches) are currently the queen B's on the HS team.
              They don't really want talented club players as freshman to come in and take their spots as juniors and seniors. Its sad but the HS team players are not welcoming at all.
              I'm sure the coach (who is from a top club) would love to have these 3-4 young players each year who could really boost the program.
              These girls were treated pretty badly and sometimes even put on second teams and/or benched due to petty insecurities. SYS is totally broken. Start over with the U6/U7 and appreciate hard work and talent and don't make playing club a bad thing.
              Its a difficult decision every HS coach has to deal with. Play the best players, which could be some freshman and sophomores, or play your juniors and seniors to keep them happy. If you go with the latter, you'll coaching stint will likely expire after a few years due to poor records. In HS, most all girls have developed by sophomore year, so there is not much difference athletically between the grades. To be the best team, you have to play your best team....and that means a coach who has no allegiances and sticks to his philosophy regardless of outside complaints.

Comment

I just think the kids don't go to the HS period.

Comment

I just think the kids don't go to the HS period.
                  where do they go? Where would they play in the fall even if they played in a spring league for their club?

Comment

where do they go? Where would they play in the fall even if they played in a spring league for their club?
                    Worcester Academy

Comment

Worcester Academy, St. Mark's, Rivers, to name a few

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1865309]Not totally buying this explanation. At least the HS has the right coach who could potentially get something out of those kids.[/QUOTE

Seriously?

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1866620]
                          Not totally buying this explanation. At least the HS has the right coach who could potentially get something out of those kids.[/QUOTE

Seriously?
                          So these two supposed parents ruined the entire girls program?

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1867744]

So these two supposed parents ruined the entire girls program?
                            A disingenuous president and side kick can do a lot of subtle damage if others don't speak up.

Comment

How about the fact that maybe the kids and coaches were not as dedicated as previous coaches.

Comment

How about other programs?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X