Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I think times have changed regarding wins and losses. Now it's about getting into college to play soccer. Also with so many leagues/national championships you'll never really know who the best teams are. I know people can say this team or that team is better which they could be right. As long the scorpions offer a opportunity to get your child looked at by college coaches then they won't fail. I think all parents have to do is look at the college commitments and if scorpions are still producing d1 players then why or have your child go there?
    Are they still producing D1 players?

Comment

They haven't done well in 4 years. Am I missing something? Did they win anything?
      anything?? anything at all??

Comment

Are they still producing D1 players?
        At least 6 this year. 3 committed so far next year.

Comment

At least 6 this year. 3 committed so far next year.
          Most parents doing the club action know that their kid is not going to play D1, so why does every one make it out to be like if your kid is not going to play D1, its a waist of time and money. If any body has looked recently, more money being handed to D2,D3 ivy. nescac, schools than D1 in the way of merit, scholarship, or what ever else they can dream up to aid the athlete. To many ts writers are kool-aide drunk on the D1 or die program. Most kids that want to play in college do, and most get some form of aid. the same scenario plays out the same for kids that play club or do not. Most kids that want to play in college, do so with or with out playing for a club. have your kid do the camps, do a few showcases, contact the coaches of the preferred colleges that fit your academics and soccer abilities, have any body that can advocate for your kid, do so, (coaches guidance councilors, etc) and your kid will get to where they need to be. Do not believe all these ts, D1,Kool - aide junkies who post.

Comment

Most parents doing the club action know that their kid is not going to play D1, so why does every one make it out to be like if your kid is not going to play D1, its a waist of time and money. If any body has looked recently, more money being handed to D2,D3 ivy. nescac, schools than D1 in the way of merit, scholarship, or what ever else they can dream up to aid the athlete. To many ts writers are kool-aide drunk on the D1 or die program. Most kids that want to play in college do, and most get some form of aid. the same scenario plays out the same for kids that play club or do not. Most kids that want to play in college, do so with or with out playing for a club. have your kid do the camps, do a few showcases, contact the coaches of the preferred colleges that fit your academics and soccer abilities, have any body that can advocate for your kid, do so, (coaches guidance councilors, etc) and your kid will get to where they need to be. Do not believe all these ts, D1,Kool - aide junkies who post.
            A simple question was asked and a simple answer was provided. I think your post belongs on a different thread.

Comment

A simple question was asked and a simple answer was provided. I think your post belongs on a different thread.
              I saw their U17 college pamphlet at the PDA tournament and there were at least 8 D1 and some a few NESAC commits

Comment

Wrote the clown whose kid was not one of the six and was never offered a soccer scholarship

#facesaversunited

Comment

Wrote the clown whose kid was not one of the six and was never offered a soccer scholarship

#facesaversunited
                  It's time for unity, BTNT. Try to be part of the solution for once.

Comment

I saw their U17 college pamphlet at the PDA tournament and there were at least 8 D1 and some a few NESAC commits
                    I think there are 6 2018s so far with D1 commits as well

Comment

Are you kidding? That was equal Stars...

Comment

No and they only lost 2-1 and 2-0 to Stars this year. Actually closer game than people would think. That is the funny thing about soccer. FCB U16 actually was not a bad team just nobody could score. Kinda like how people are defending the BB about their season this year. You can play quality soccer and not win, especially if you do not have a top end goal scorer.

Comment

No and they only lost 2-1 and 2-0 to Stars this year. Actually closer game than people would think. That is the funny thing about soccer. FCB U16 actually was not a bad team just nobody could score. Kinda like how people are defending the BB about their season this year. You can play quality soccer and not win, especially if you do not have a top end goal scorer.
                          I don't know how you can say a team plays well and in the same sentence say they just can't score - that's the point of the game, no? You don't win games by time of possession. Even if they lost all their games 1-0, or tied a bunch 0-0, the fact that they can't score means they're not really all that good.

Comment

Unlikely. Not sure I would trust anything coming out of FCB at this point. Desperate times... Only sure way to know is when NLI's are signed, that separates reality from BS.

Comment

Right, those score lines are NEVER inaccurate. I saw one of the games vs. Stars. Stars had about 70% of the possession, out shot them about 15-1, the keeper took a nap during the second half, and Stars had at least a couple of players sitting out due to NT activities.

It was the easiest game of the spring, with the possible exception of when Stars played the FCB U17 ECNL team during Scorpion Bowl. That was possibly more lopsided, even though half the Stars team watched in sweats.

Comment

Unlikely. Not sure I would trust anything coming out of FCB at this point. Desperate times... Only sure way to know is when NLI's are signed, that separates reality from BS.
                                You don't have an interest in being negative, right, BTNT?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X