Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    How many have committed? How many have spoken to the college coaches about it. Coaches of most of the better college teams will be advising kids to go GDAP.
    everyone has a 10-11 months before any decisions need to be made, there are no absolutes in this equation.

Comment

Just asking will gDAP have big college show cases like encl? If they don't will a college coach take time out just to see 2 teams play? I the big sell with encl is at the college show cases coaches have players they want to see but if they watch some other games a player may stick out and get noticed. Just from reading the revs dap thread seems like there could be some favoritism going on will that happen with the girls side if so then you not getting the top players playing the .

Comment

Dumb question. Most 2001 kids are starting 10th grade. Only the unicorns might be committed at this point. The average kid looking at A10, Big East or Patriot are not committing as 9th graders.
        Exactly my point. That is why they leaning towards staying in the ECNL. They haven't committed so the coaches haven't given them the "you need to be playing against the best competition speech"

Comment

Those kids aren't actually the focal point of DA and if they do becomes its focal point it will kill the DA

Comment

Those kids aren't actually the focal point of DA and if they do becomes its focal point it will kill the DA
            By fall 2017 ecnl club enrollment will be cut in 1/2. B-bye cash cow. Hello USSF affirmation of control.

Comment

I would not be shocked if a few of the accepted clubs to the DA for girls pass on the offer. I doubt the ECNL will go to 80 clubs but I'm sure 65-70 will be the number.

It will be interesting to see what the Breakers Academy does after this coming season when the get thrown out of ECNL.

Comment

Coaches of most of the better college teams will be advising kids to go GDAP.
                That's easier said than done. The age delineations, in groups of 2 years, are supposed to be balanced..ie, even numbers of 14s & 15s, 16s & 17s, etc. The max number of players per roster is 23. If a team has, for instance, has 20 on its 14/15 roster, it is supposed to be 10 of each age. I'm sure that most teams will not be balanced exactly. If a kid is at a better club being one of the top 10 of her age is not a given. There will be plenty of good players left out of those 10.

Comment

I would not be shocked if a few of the accepted clubs to the DA for girls pass on the offer. I doubt the ECNL will go to 80 clubs but I'm sure 65-70 will be the number.

It will be interesting to see what the Breakers Academy does after this coming season when the get thrown out of ECNL.
                  Jason, the ecnl is contracting not growing.

Comment

Mega clubs like Nefc will keep ecnl as their second team. Ecnl won't throw out $flow.

Comment

Absolutely no chance Breakers/NEFC are allowed to do both leagues.

Comment

Absolutely no chance Breakers/NEFC are allowed to do both leagues.
                        But Michigan Hawks ,PDA ,stars,eclipse,surf and all the other ecnl clubs that jumped at the chance will be?

Comment

Wrong. Top schools will be telling their recruits to play GDAP the same way they were telling theme to play ECNL.

The older age groups will be more likely to switch early.
                          I dont think so. Many college coaches are waiting to see where this thing goes and they know it will take a few years to build (if it does at all).

Comment

Mega clubs like Nefc will keep ecnl as their second team. Ecnl won't throw out $flow.
                            Another National league, more watering down. More unnecessary travel expense across the country, all for what you ask? Just keep reminding yourself not to drink the kool-aide. Your child makes the top team & league, maybe 1, possibly 2, kids are going to play at a College (University) more than 160 miles away from home. Coaches do not even show up at these showcases or league games from the other side of the country because they know that even if they make your kid an offer, they have less then a 5% chance they are going to get that kid to come play for them. The coaches that do show up are looking at the top 1% of an age group and are hoping that a full scholarship offer(if they can offer it ) might get them a chance at those few players. Most parents convince them selves that they need their kid to be playing in the so called best leagues ( the ones with the most talent ) to get better, playing against better competition. Most of your kids will never invest themselves to be the best that they can be, and become the best in their sport, they will go as far a they can on their natural talent and will be happy with the results. The kids that want to play in College (University) will find the school that fits them best. Most will not. Bottom line - stop drinking the kool- aide. PSS - I have recruited more kids from the second squad than the first squad because they have more drive to get better & learn. D1

Comment

Another National league, more watering down. More unnecessary travel expense across the country, all for what you ask? Just keep reminding yourself not to drink the kool-aide. Your child makes the top team & league, maybe 1, possibly 2, kids are going to play at a College (University) more than 160 miles away from home. Coaches do not even show up at these showcases or league games from the other side of the country because they know that even if they make your kid an offer, they have less then a 5% chance they are going to get that kid to come play for them. The coaches that do show up are looking at the top 1% of an age group and are hoping that a full scholarship offer(if they can offer it ) might get them a chance at those few players. Most parents convince them selves that they need their kid to be playing in the so called best leagues ( the ones with the most talent ) to get better, playing against better competition. Most of your kids will never invest themselves to be the best that they can be, and become the best in their sport, they will go as far a they can on their natural talent and will be happy with the results. The kids that want to play in College (University) will find the school that fits them best. Most will not. Bottom line - stop drinking the kool- aide. PSS - I have recruited more kids from the second squad than the first squad because they have more drive to get better & learn. D1
                              Thanks "coach."

Comment

But Michigan Hawks ,PDA ,stars,eclipse,surf and all the other ecnl clubs that jumped at the chance will be?
                                It's stupid talk when someone says BBA ( who in the ecnl acceptance press release was noted as committing to two years in the ecnl ) won't be in Ecnl and DA.

Ecnl now needs every mega to stay afloat. So many smaller clubs, likely 1/2, will cut bait and form DA teams twice the caliber of their ecnl teams and be content with that and a strong NPL on down.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X