Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    chemistry will not be good immediately for all teams - that goes without saying
    That's not true. if a team has a strong returning group of juniors that have 1 or more years playing together in meaningful games then they will have better chemistry than a team with many new players or younger players moving into starting roles. Case in point is last year's Milton team. Many seniors that played together for 2 years on varsity before senior season. So teams like bh and nobles may do well in that respect

Comment

He's been committed there for many months now, although it just recently appeared on Top Drawer.
      Always helps to be filthy rich.

Comment

Always helps to be filthy rich.
        Clearly you don't know the family. If you did you would have written the above. To bad that your kid does not have the brains or talent to play for an Ivy.

Comment

That's not true. if a team has a strong returning group of juniors that have 1 or more years playing together in meaningful games then they will have better chemistry than a team with many new players or younger players moving into starting roles. Case in point is last year's Milton team. Many seniors that played together for 2 years on varsity before senior season. So teams like bh and nobles may do well in that respect
          not if more half the kids on that returning group of juniors didn't get much playing time.

Comment

not if more half the kids on that returning group of juniors didn't get much playing time.
            true. also good coaches will address chemistry early during summer camp(s), preseason and friendlies, should be a non-issue. let's not fool ourselves- these are just lame excuses for losses.

Comment

Would be important to know info about new upperclassmen being added to rosters- it's different than public school where you pretty much know what a team has by looking at last year's roster and subtracting the seniors. Milton would look to be crushed based on all the losses from last year's roster, but who are they bringing in? Based on the talent they amassed before, I'd bet the coach has lined up some firepower to reload. Kids moving up from JV won't play more than a support role, so the big variable for all the teams is new upperclassmen. In this era, aggressive recruiting and support from admissions and financial aid takes on an increased role. [and I'm not saying anybody is skirting the rules on aid- almost everyone needs aid to attend these schools, so it's a question of how much aid there is to spread around and whether you give the available pot to soccer players or tuba players.]

Comment

Clearly you don't know the family. If you did you would have written the above. To bad that your kid does not have the brains or talent to play for an Ivy.
                I know the kid he's average. And yes I'm sure with a lifetime in orivate schools that he can go to an ivy education. But let's not act like he's some committ that was sought after for his skills.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                  I know the kid he's average. And yes I'm sure with a lifetime in orivate schools that he can go to an ivy education. But let's not act like he's some committ that was sought after for his skills.
                  Why don't we do the unthinkable on talking soccer and stay away from talking about individual kids and, for those that can't resist, bashing individual kids.

Comment

Why don't we do the unthinkable on talking soccer and stay away from talking about individual kids and, for those that can't resist, bashing individual kids.
                    This is why I proposed early on in this thread that no one should bring up individual kids- positive or negative. There's always someone out there who'll bash and sometimes it can be pretty bad like the year before last. It's already taking a mean streak so early this year.

Please- just stop naming or cluing in individual players and we'll have a great conversation.

Comment

Would be important to know info about new upperclassmen being added to rosters- it's different than public school where you pretty much know what a team has by looking at last year's roster and subtracting the seniors. Milton would look to be crushed based on all the losses from last year's roster, but who are they bringing in? Based on the talent they amassed before, I'd bet the coach has lined up some firepower to reload. Kids moving up from JV won't play more than a support role, so the big variable for all the teams is new upperclassmen. In this era, aggressive recruiting and support from admissions and financial aid takes on an increased role. [and I'm not saying anybody is skirting the rules on aid- almost everyone needs aid to attend these schools, so it's a question of how much aid there is to spread around and whether you give the available pot to soccer players or tuba players.]
                      This post is spot on and can't wait to see some shock and awe relative to some previous postings re: who is likely to be on top. Seniors graduate, but there are just as many transfers "in." I suspect many of these schools have reloaded. The season starts in a little over a month. Lets just sit back and let the boys enjoy the game.

Comment

Brooks, Belmont Hill, Nobles and Lawrence will be fighting for the top of the league. Milton, Sebs, RL and BBN will be biting at their heels. MR from Nobles, DM from BBN, DS from Brooks and AK from Sebs will compete for player of the year awards. Should be a fun year in the league.

Not a mention of Rivers? am I missing something?

Comment

Not a mention of Rivers? am I missing something?
                          Maybe you are missing that they only won 5 games last year ...

Comment

MA has several new recruits filling in the shoes of their best seniors from last year. Plus strong incoming juniors and seniors. MA should win ISL and the class A championship again this year. They will repeat having zero "goals against" in ISL because they will have a defense and GK just as strong as last year. Not as many "goals for" as their offense won't be as strong as last year but they will still dominate ISL and win the NEPSAC

Comment

MA has several new recruits filling in the shoes of their best seniors from last year. Plus strong incoming juniors and seniors. MA should win ISL and the class A championship again this year. They will repeat having zero "goals against" in ISL because they will have a defense and GK just as strong as last year. Not as many "goals for" as their offense won't be as strong as last year but they will still dominate ISL and win the NEPSAC
                              Lawrence scored 3 against them so it was not zero goals against. They also will be missing ast as he is spending year abroad so that is a big loss. They will be in the mix if top 4 but it will be a challenge to go undefeated in ISL. I don't see Brooks, RL, or Sebs contending . None of them did anything against bench from MA last year so no reason to believe they will suddenly do better than MA this year.

Comment

true. also good coaches will address chemistry early during summer camp(s), preseason and friendlies, should be a non-issue. let's not fool ourselves- these are just lame excuses for losses.
                                Huh? Who needs excuses the season hasn't even started yet. Warped logic. Chemistry dies not happen in a few preseason games.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X