Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    But what is NEC? Is it a completely new league or just the second division of NEP? Is it a place for the non-town maple clubs?
    It is a second tier of NEP. New league with some 'top' teams of MAPLE clubs and some 'lesser' teams of NEP teams.

Comment

Talking soccer

Liverpool, JSSA, BEST, and others are going to be involved in NEC.
      Some of thes clubs didn't move to birth year based teams--while they may say a team is a 2003 it is still a 50:50 mix of 03 and 04. Will be interesting to see how they fare.

Comment

Some of thes clubs didn't move to birth year based teams--while they may say a team is a 2003 it is still a 50:50 mix of 03 and 04. Will be interesting to see how they fare.
        They may have had to do that if quality at tryouts was weak or numbers did not support an 04 team.
        Not everything is maliciously intended or deceitful.

Comment

They may have had to do that if quality at tryouts was weak or numbers did not support an 04 team.
          Not everything is maliciously intended or deceitful.
          Who suggested anything was malicious or deceitful? There have been several
          Discussions about mixed aged teams--I don't recall seeing anyone aside from you reading into seemingly benign comments and suggesting malice. I'm sure some smaller clubs struggled at tryouts this year as they have in the past. Shifting the soccer year a few months wouldn't necessarily effect total number or quality attracted by a particular club--big or small.

Comment

Liverpool, JSSA, BEST, and others are going to be involved in NEC.
            I'm surprised that these clubs (which all have some strong teams in at least a few age groups) would agree to join what is clearly going to be a lower level league.

Comment

I'm surprised that these clubs (which all have some strong teams in at least a few age groups) would agree to join what is clearly going to be a lower level league.
              Could see it as a way into NEP, could want something other than maple. Maple has a lot of town programs now and some clubs need to justify he $2k+ price trac, some clubs (or families) just want to win so playing at a lower level works for some--none of this is really one size fits all. Probably a lot of reasons club would take second level of NEP. Not everyone wants to or can afford NPL or ECNL/Academy.

Comment

So I wonder what LL makes of all this. Will we soon see SSS play in the NEC?
                No playing teams up in age groups in NEP (so I assume NEC too), so I highly doubt it.

Comment

Agreed and I know for a fact that one of these clubs will not be taking a step back.

Comment

No tweets in 2 weeks-did a meeting happen? What clubs have joined this league?

Comment

No tweets in 2 weeks-did a meeting happen? What clubs have joined this league?
                      None as of yet. The NEC was rolled out as a ploy to get some of the bigger clubs in MAPLE to panic and move over.

Comment

This is probably a good thing. NEP getting watered down with weaker teams and huge disparities between teams.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                          none as of yet. The nec was rolled out as a ploy to get some of the bigger clubs in maple to panic and move over.
                          bingo

Comment

Entire club not necessarily in NEC. Stronger teams within clubs will be able to play in NEP

Comment

Entire club not necessarily in NEC. Stronger teams within clubs will be able to play in NEP
                              And will weaker teams from superior NEP league be permitted to play down against inferior NEC competition?

Comment

One of the biggest complaints that current teams in the league have is playing in divisions with mostly GPS teams.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X