X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hello Soccer Mom,

If my child was cut from this club I would make sure she played a different sport. Re read my original post and you will see that my kids are older and do not play anymore. They were irrelevant before and still are as I can see. Div 3 maple is nothing to pay 2k for. But hey you have the money to waste. Enjoy your kid playing because if she is on this team she will be a JV player at best. Sorry to disapoint you. Anyone can take money and produce teams because Maple Soccer is not good anymore (watered down). Anyone can play. It is a glorified town / rec league. But hey you can go to work now and tell everyone that little Mia plays club soccer for a bottom feeder club.
    Completely erroneous bs. Last fall, central mass all stars were filled by players from Liverpool (at least 5) and Hamlets. Liverpool, in particular, had an extremely successful u17 boys squad and their u15 boys are d1 as well and have applied for higher level play.
    If your child does not have involvement with these clubs, please stfu and post somewhere else.

Comment

Completely erroneous bs. Last fall, central mass all stars were filled by players from Liverpool (at least 5) and Hamlets. Liverpool, in particular, had an extremely successful u17 boys squad and their u15 boys are d1 as well and have applied for higher level play.
      If your child does not have involvement with these clubs, please stfu and post somewhere else.
      I gave credit to Liverpool and stated that my child played for them and also said that the training they provided was awesome so to attack my quote referring to Fuller Hamlets was pretty off base. I stated that they are reasonable money and provided great training so go back to sleep and STFU yourself. Hamlets are a second rate club that takes money and provides nothing.

Comment

I think you are confused take a deep breath remove the rose colored glasses. There was no Liverpool U17B team in Maple this Spring. There was a U18B D1 team. Not sure of what your definition of successful is but they came in dead last.

Comment

Looks like we hit a nerve.. The truth hurts.

Do any Liverpool or Fuller Hamlet teams play Region 1? Do they go to any rated tournaments? It's amusing what your definition of successful is! I bet they played in the Cranberry Cup this weekend! Any kid with talent leaves those clubs because the parents eventually figure out that the only way their child will improve is to be challenged.

Comment

This post is so dead on and yet you hardly ever hear it. Almost all of the premier soccer you watch in MA and throughout the region is a form of kickball. When you see a team playing just 70% kickball you remark "what a wonderful, possession-oriented style of play". Its like when Fox News came on the airwaves it seemed so bat**** crazy because all anybody ever experienced before was ABCNBCCBSPBSNPRNYT jibberjabber. If all you ever see is this English, direct, vertical, over-the-top, midfield-less game plan then seeing a team link 5 passes looks like joga lindo.

Parts of this story have been lamented a million times. We don't develop the kids enough technically. The coach needs the result for the parents. The parents need the results for their egos. And you can't get results for a long time if you are developing kids to play at high levels later on. The coach who is willing to leave the unskilled speedster at the top and let everyone kick it at her will beat the development-oriented U12, U13 and U14 team most times. The payoff for development simply comes too slow and its so hard to bring 11 (never mind 18) kids up to an entry-level competence for possessing the ball. So, when in doubt, when wins matter and when a job is difficult... Boot it!

Its hilarious to read these forums where Stars supporters accuse NEFC of playing kickball. And NEFC accusses Scopions of playing kickball. And Scorpions accuses Stars of playing kickball. And Fuller Hamlets accuses MPS of playing kickball... You are ALL RIGHT! But none of you are going to do anything about it.
            Completely agree. A girl on my daughters team was on the top u11 team and her dad felt they were playing kick ball and questioned the coach. His response was, there's a lot of pressure to win games, I have to work with what I have! U11 and there's a lot of pressure to win! In my opinion, find a team that plays the right way and don't worry about wins/losses at the younger ages, it should be all about development. BTW - this was a premier club.

Comment

This post is so dead on and yet you hardly ever hear it. Almost all of the premier soccer you watch in MA and throughout the region is a form of kickball. When you see a team playing just 70% kickball you remark "what a wonderful, possession-oriented style of play". Its like when Fox News came on the airwaves it seemed so bat**** crazy because all anybody ever experienced before was ABCNBCCBSPBSNPRNYT jibberjabber. If all you ever see is this English, direct, vertical, over-the-top, midfield-less game plan then seeing a team link 5 passes looks like joga lindo.

Parts of this story have been lamented a million times. We don't develop the kids enough technically. The coach needs the result for the parents. The parents need the results for their egos. And you can't get results for a long time if you are developing kids to play at high levels later on. The coach who is willing to leave the unskilled speedster at the top and let everyone kick it at her will beat the development-oriented U12, U13 and U14 team most times. The payoff for development simply comes too slow and its so hard to bring 11 (never mind 18) kids up to an entry-level competence for possessing the ball. So, when in doubt, when wins matter and when a job is difficult... Boot it!

Its hilarious to read these forums where Stars supporters accuse NEFC of playing kickball. And NEFC accusses Scopions of playing kickball. And Scorpions accuses Stars of playing kickball. And Fuller Hamlets accuses MPS of playing kickball... You are ALL RIGHT! But none of you are going to do anything about it.
              Completely agree. A girl on my daughters team was on the top u11 team and her dad felt they were playing kick ball and questioned the coach. His response was, there's a lot of pressure to win games, I have to work with what I have! U11 and there's a lot of pressure to win! In my opinion, find a team that plays the right way and don't worry about wins/losses at the younger ages, it should be all about development. BTW - this was a premier club.

Comment

If you don't worry about the wins and losses then you will find yourself at a club that is committed to development with but with a group of players who simply didn't make a roster of one of the "winning" teams. They won't be there for the same reason you are and the pace of play, competition and intensity of the training will be lacking.

This is a collective action problem. No single kid or family or club can solve it by themselves. You need a critical mass of like-minded people who define what they want as well as what they are able to accept in terms of "success" over 1, 2, 3 years. Then you need to find a club and coach that can and want to provide it. Its not theoretical physics but its not that easy to accomplish in the real world.

Comment

If you don't worry about the wins and losses then you will find yourself at a club that is committed to development with but with a group of players who simply didn't make a roster of one of the "winning" teams. They won't be there for the same reason you are and the pace of play, competition and intensity of the training will be lacking.

This is a collective action problem. No single kid or family or club can solve it by themselves. You need a critical mass of like-minded people who define what they want as well as what they are able to accept in terms of "success" over 1, 2, 3 years. Then you need to find a club and coach that can and want to provide it. Its not theoretical physics but its not that easy to accomplish in the real world.
                  Bolts BU11 is an example. Coached to move the ball up and keep ball possession but that created a really poor record and most of the kids left. Off to Mass Premier Boot-it, Mate.

Comment

Aztec U11 girls and most of the younger aztec teams are focused on development and wins came with it. They didnt just boot it, they passed around and were successful

Comment

Aztec U11 girls and most of the younger aztec teams are focused on development and wins came with it. They didnt just boot it, they passed around and were successful
                      Then why did all of their players leave?

Comment

It depends what you consider successful. Playing in low level maple divisions against no competition isn't getting your kids any better. Maybe you are 7-0 in the red division of Maple but that is a joke to anyone who knows anything about how the system works.(Don't kid yourself your coach is requesting you stay in a low level of Maple. ) You may be happy in your little pond with your solid coaching and great atmosphere but did you ever consider that there is a whole other world of coaching, training and players your kid could compete against. Who knows maybe it just might make your kid a better player. Don't sell yourself short and miss the boat.
                        Perusing through the MAPLE website in search for schedules, I found it funny stumbling on "lowest division" on the screen when I clicked on one of the teams. Then out of curiosity, I went to another and another, and "lower division" was there.

The club doesn't matter, and I don't want to discount appropriately placing an individual team in youth soccer, but this appears to be a case of an entire club on their MAPLE paperwork requesting over and over and over for numerous teams to be placed in the lower/lowest division. That could be motivated by a couple of different things, but one can certainly expect that it absolutely isn't a sign of being more concerned with challenging the players on these teams than with the outcomes of matches.

In a league where they're losing more competitive teams to NEP and any number of clubs might be looking to be placed lower rather than higher to display a team's success to consumers adds up to a weaker environment in terms of soccer development. This is the struggle for the smaller clubs getting more marginalized with every passing season.

Comment

Then why did all of their players leave?
                          The Aztec coach left and all his players followed him to Stars North. Many of these club coaches are quite good and asking their players to keep possession and not give it away. I have only seen a few that are not developing players the right way.

Comment

Which coach would that be?

Comment

Mo Keita.

I have watched many games with Stars, Scorpion, Aztec etc..and I never see their team just kick the ball away. I am not sure what all the development criticism is on the site. There are many of these coaches are very, very good. Mo Keita's team is great. The U13 Scorpion ECNL team is fantastic with their passing game. I enjoy watching the style of Stars teams as well. Just my opinion I guess.

Comment

Where did Fullers DOC go? He was coaching 3 teams.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X