•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USYS Nat'l Game fixed?

Watch the video!

http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/stor...rnament-072916

That's one of the worst cases of match fixing I've ever seen. Not even pretending to play the game. Both teams should be tossed out and coaches should be fired. Despicable.

Comment

My 8 year old can fake playing a game better than that (and he's had to in some blowouts). No excuse. Ref should have called it so that neither team could move up. As a parent I'd be furious with the coach and the message it sends the players

Comment

It does look bad. Unfortunately if the other teams in there group won their games then these teams would have to play hard. The teams are u18 so I the players on the field also made the choice to not try. For the most part this is their last year so why risk not making it to the playoffs? I'm sure most of these players are all set for college so there's nothing to prove in the game either.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          My 8 year old can fake playing a game better than that (and he's had to in some blowouts). No excuse. Ref should have called it so that neither team could move up. As a parent I'd be furious with the coach and the message it sends the players
          What would be the reason for the ref to call it? Why should they be punished for winning their first 2 games. Both teams rested for the next round. Would you rather be the other teams going home early?

What is the benefit of full out when you already qualified for the next round? Risk injury, heat exhaustion for what? Both teams have qualified for the next round by winning their first games.

Comment

As a parent I'd be furious with the coach and the message it sends the players
            It's amazing, but totally unsurprising that this point for some parents is even subject to debate. Therein lies the biggest problem in youth sports and the impact on development of people, not just athletes -- parents.

Comment

What would be the reason for the ref to call it? Why should they be punished for winning their first 2 games. Both teams rested for the next round. Would you rather be the other teams going home early?

What is the benefit of full out when you already qualified for the next round? Risk injury, heat exhaustion for what? Both teams have qualified for the next round by winning their first games.
              They can call un-sportsman like conduct for making a mockery of the game.
              They did not both win there last 2 games Ambassadors FC won 1 and tied 1.
              Karma is a bitch and with any luck they both loose there Semi Final rounds today.

Comment

It does look bad. Unfortunately if the other teams in there group won their games then these teams would have to play hard. The teams are u18 so I the players on the field also made the choice to not try. For the most part this is their last year so why risk not making it to the playoffs? I'm sure most of these players are all set for college so there's nothing to prove in the game either.
                Integrity is dead (I suppose it has been in Mass. for many years). I know if I was a college coach with an eye on one of these players, a game like this would definitely affect my decision.

Something much bigger than 'making the playoffs' was at stake. Every kid out there lost.

Comment

Integrity is dead (I suppose it has been in Mass. for many years).
                  This is proven in 10 minutes reading posts on TS.

Comment

It has to do with poor sportsmanship then match fixing. Regardless of the match outcome they were going to be the 1st and 2nd place team. I could understand maybe both coaches didn't want their players to get hurt but doing what they did was such a poor taste and unprofessional. Both coaches should be banned for 1 year giving that they did this at the USYS National.

Comment

Well Carlsbad Elite won but Ambassadors FC lost.
                      I'm rooting for Tennessee SC in the finals Sunday.

Semifinals
                      Carlsbad Elite 97/98 (CA-S) (NL-B1) 2–1 KHA Red (OH-S) (NL-B2) Final

Tennessee SC 16 (TN) (RIII-C) 2–0 Ambassadors FC (OH-N) (RII-C) Final

Finals
                      Carlsbad Elite 97/98 (CA-S) (NL-B1) Tennessee SC 16 (TN) (RIII-C) Scheduled

Comment

This is the tournaments fault. The last games in the group should have been scheduled at the same time in order to avoid this. This same thing happened in the 82' World Cup. The two teams would advance with a draw, either one could be eliminated if the other team won. Is it disgraceful? Yes. But the coaches and players knew the stakes... Doing what they did was the obvious choice. I blame the tournament directors for allowing this.

Comment

It has to do with poor sportsmanship then match fixing. Regardless of the match outcome they were going to be the 1st and 2nd place team. I could understand maybe both coaches didn't want their players to get hurt but doing what they did was such a poor taste and unprofessional. Both coaches should be banned for 1 year giving that they did this at the USYS National.
                          How about MLB teams when they sit there best players getting ready for playoffs? Paying customers seeing AA and AAA prospects instead of major league talents. NFL colts throwing a game on their perfect season. Payton manning sitting the bench. NBA teams sitting stars to get better odds in the lottery.

Should they be banned for a year?

Comment

This is the tournaments fault. The last games in the group should have been scheduled at the same time in order to avoid this. This same thing happened in the 82' World Cup. The two teams would advance with a draw, either one could be eliminated if the other team won. Is it disgraceful? Yes. But the coaches and players knew the stakes... Doing what they did was the obvious choice. I blame the tournament directors for allowing this.
                            Sorry, not the same exact thing happened in the 82' World Cup, but a very similar situation in which a choice between integrity and the good of the game was made.

Comment

Integrity is dead (I suppose it has been in Mass. for many years). I know if I was a college coach with an eye on one of these players, a game like this would definitely affect my decision.

Something much bigger than 'making the playoffs' was at stake. Every kid out there lost.
                              Those players may have had no say in this matter.
                              We are glad you are not a college coach, but thanks anyway.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X