Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    For my situation it is a royal pain. Especially when you have divorced parents and the other has agreed to do the driving based on the expectations put forth. Now it all changes after money is given and they flip out. I know, it's not anyones problem here but it is mine and a BIG issue.
    Could always get new parents

Comment

Could always get new parents
      LOL! Yup, not sure whether to laugh or cry....

Comment

For my situation it is a royal pain. Especially when you have divorced parents and the other has agreed to do the driving based on the expectations put forth. Now it all changes after money is given and they flip out. I know, it's not anyones problem here but it is mine and a BIG issue.
        I do feel for YOU. That does suck. I would suggest looking at other programs.

Comment

Look to carpool with teammates- you'll have teammates who will help, particularly when they understand the spot you're in. I've always had a soft spot for the kid without a ride, but here's suggestions- pick a pick-up spot that's convenient for the driver, always be punctual (both these require the cooperation of your parent), be super respectful and thankful to the driver, and if your parent won't kick in some gas money, make a card or small handmade gift for the driver to express your appreciation.

Comment

Look to carpool with teammates- you'll have teammates who will help, particularly when they understand the spot you're in. I've always had a soft spot for the kid without a ride, but here's suggestions- pick a pick-up spot that's convenient for the driver, always be punctual (both these require the cooperation of your parent), be super respectful and thankful to the driver, and if your parent won't kick in some gas money, make a card or small handmade gift for the driver to express your appreciation.
            Yes, a convenient pick-up spot is key. When driving 3-4 towns away for practice, you can make it easier on the driver to meet in a more central spot so the driver doesn't have to go across town to pick up or drop you off. And buying the driver a coffee for the ride will go a long way to keep everyone happy.

Comment

Mom is great, brings me to practice twice a week and games on her Sunday and tournaments. So thankful! Dad is another story, thinks it's a waste of his entire Sunday since he lives in NH so the driving is farther for him then it is for mom.

Comment

I think the point is not about travel, we all know we will travel. But UNNECESSARY travel is the sticking point. There are plenty of teams of similar skill level within 45 minutes. Being forced to travel 1.5-2 hours due to lack of teams in a league is not what we all signed up for.
                Just a question when you signed up who said traveling would be minimal your club or did you just assume it. I hope you know the first part of maple stands for massachusetts which includes places not near you. At the younger age for the most part you are somewhat around your area as you get u12 its base on talent of your team. Then traveling is where ever the talent is. Based on wins and losses from provouse seasons.

Comment

Mom is great, brings me to practice twice a week and games on her Sunday and tournaments. So thankful! Dad is another story, thinks it's a waste of his entire Sunday since he lives in NH so the driving is farther for him then it is for mom.
                  Sounds like Dad's a stiff. Too bad you can't pick your parents. But here's a suggestion, disown him. Tell him that doing anything with him would be a waste of your time and kick him to the curb like an old rag-doll.

Comment

My daughter plays on a MAPLE team from western mass and we are continuing with MAPLE

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X