Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rising GU16 (2001's)

So how does this play out with the age changes - not listed in order of final results or any guess at who is strongest.

ECNL:
    FC Boston - assuming it stays intact
    BBA ECNL - mostly their elite players?
    Stars ECNL - assuming it stays intact

NPL:
    NEFC/Breakers NPL - assuming mostly prior "Premier" team players
    Stars NPL - stays intact?
    SSS NPL? - stays intact - are they in NPL due to their cup win?
    GPS NPL - stays intact?
    Aztecs NPL - stays intact?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So how does this play out with the age changes - not listed in order of final results or any guess at who is strongest.

ECNL:

NPL:
    GPS NPL - stays intact?
    Are you the same poster that started the U15 poll and for some reason that thread died the minute NEFC U15 did not make the NPL Nationals? We know who you are NEFC SUPER DAD! Nothing stays intact with the age change. Give it a rest.

Comment

Are you the same poster that started the U15 poll and for some reason that thread died the minute NEFC U15 did not make the NPL Nationals? We know who you are NEFC SUPER DAD! Nothing stays intact with the age change. Give it a rest.
      No, not the same poster, but thanks for being a dick.

Comment

Wait a second, I want to be NEFC SUPER DAD! If I pay extra, can I at least get my name on the ballot? Is there a T-shirt? A secret handshake?

Comment

I think Stars will be top of ECNL again, and may top the NPL (at least of the Mass teams).

The NEFC team will be competitive in both but don't think they will be able to rise to the top as quickly as others have commented.

FC Boston will be in the mix but will be behind both NEFC and Stars.

For NPL, I think it'll be NEFC with Stars just behind them but SSS may upset them all if they continue to have strong teams at this age next year - depends on the make-up of their returning U15's and older U14's moving up to U16. GPS is in the middle somewhere along with Aztecs maybe being at the botton.

ECNL:

NPL:
          GPS NPL - stays intact?

Comment

ECNL:

NPL:
            GPS NPL - stays intact?
            I think you have to put CSU/LFC MA ahead of some of those NPL teams. Not saying they are in the top 4 but they are a solid squad

Comment

I think you have to put CSU/LFC MA ahead of some of those NPL teams. Not saying they are in the top 4 but they are a solid squad
              So for ECNL, you have:
              Stars
              BBA
              FC Boston

For NPL, you have:
              Stars
              NEFC
              SSS
              CSU
              Aztec
              GPS
              FC Boston
              Bayside

Didn't see CSU in the standings from U15 or U16, so that's a question I can't answer. We all know the age shuffle is going to mix things up a bit and there is some movement across clubs. Any predictions for #1 and #2 in each league?

Comment

So for ECNL, you have:
                Stars
                BBA
                FC Boston

For NPL, you have:
                Stars
                NEFC
                SSS
                CSU
                Aztec
                GPS
                FC Boston
                Bayside

Didn't see CSU in the standings from U15 or U16, so that's a question I can't answer. We all know the age shuffle is going to mix things up a bit and there is some movement across clubs. Any predictions for #1 and #2 in each league?

ECNL will be
                1. Stars
                2. Breakers

NPL will be
                1. GPS
                2. SSS

Comment

ECNL will be
                  1. Stars
                  2. Breakers

NPL will be
                  1. GPS
                  2. SSS
                  Seems unlikely to me that NEFC will drop out of the top 2 spots in NPL after having dominated it for a while. Just because they're current NPL crew is moving up, doesn't mean the teams below aren't that far behind - last year's 2nd team beat several NPL teams in tournaments and it wasn't even a consolidated group of kids across all regions - just one region.

Comment

Seems unlikely to me that NEFC will drop out of the top 2 spots in NPL after having dominated it for a while. Just because they're current NPL crew is moving up, doesn't mean the teams below aren't that far behind - last year's 2nd team beat several NPL teams in tournaments and it wasn't even a consolidated group of kids across all regions - just one region.
                    I think SSS wins NPL next year if they don't lose any players to other clubs. Always the question for them at the older ages. NPL should entice them to stay.

Comment

I think SSS wins NPL next year if they don't lose any players to other clubs. Always the question for them at the older ages. NPL should entice them to stay.
                      I'd agree but wouldn't put GPS as #2 in that list - I think either Stars or NEFC.

Comment

Stop it will you. Neither of those two teams have ever been in the conversation and I doubt it's going to start now.

Comment

I agree. SSS at this age group have always been right up there with the top NEFC and Stars teams so chances are they'll beat their second teams.

Comment

I agree. SSS at this age group have always been right up there with the top NEFC and Stars teams so chances are they'll beat their second teams.
                            With the age shuffle, and the regional changes for NEFC, it will be interesting to see what happens. I'm an NEFC parent, and I am not convinced that their "2nd" teams are going to be any less competitive - I think they may get a bit stronger to be honest. Mainly due to their revised team structure to create distinct NPL and ECNL teams. We'll see though - just glad competition will be good across the higher level teams.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X