Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MA players moving to Europe for soccer? Seriously?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Take a gap year. Backpack through Europe after college graduation. Travel all you want. That's not the same as mortgaging your child's education to live "adventurously." If you live in Arkansas and your education system is sub-par then, by all means, move wherever you can for any reason.
    Or kids can go to Europe during their high school years and play soccer at one of the academies, coached in a different language. They can learn a different monetary system, how to buy groceries and take-away in strange stores, drive on the left, communicate with and befriend players from all over the world, taste new foods, experience true soccer culture, and become mature, worldly young men that any college or employer will greatly value.

Comment

Or kids can go to Europe during their high school years and play soccer at one of the academies, coached in a different language. They can learn a different monetary system, how to buy groceries and take-away in strange stores, drive on the left, communicate with and befriend players from all over the world, taste new foods, experience true soccer culture, and become mature, worldly young men that any college or employer will greatly value.
      Wait! I thought they were there to be professional soccer players? Sounds like we starting to realize they are not going to make it?

Comment

You obviously haven’t been through the college application process.

Comment

That used to be called dropping out of school for a year or two...Peace Corp would give you a better chance.

Comment

Seriously, go. Don't use the US for money then escape. Step out and go now. Grow a pair.

I chuckle at your "utter disregard for civility" comment. Me thinks you should be the one looking in the mirror....
            “Me thinks”!! As in “I’m capable of thinking”? Unlikely. But seriously, are you doing Shakespeare or Yoda? “Me thinks”. Good god that’s rich. How am I being incivil by by stating that people with money in Western Europe have a fantastic quality of life, and that I’d live there if I had the dough? No slight on ‘Murica, but we’be got some challenges here that the homogeneous and stable European democracies don’t have?

Comment

lol. All the D3 failure parents are perking up. Have fun with those sad sacks.

Comment

You do you. I dont tell you where to live.
                Nah I got you. It's all good.

Make it here, spend it there.

Comment

Working on it. Like I said, if money was no issue I'd have season tickets at the Allianz. Walk down the busiest street in the busiest city in just about any country in Europe and you won't see the utter disregard for civility we have even here in the Athens of America. Or that you see when you look in the mirror.
                  You’re a fraud.

Comment

If you think uprooting your family and moving to Europe for soccer is the answer, you need to reevaluate the question.

Can anyone offer a Massachusetts success story? Of playing in Europe? =>Not sure for MA but Americans playing in Europe, sure.

For the 3rd year in a row Massachusetts leads the country in AP test scores. =>No comparison with Europe.

We have the best public schools in the nation. =>No comparison with Europe.

We have several excellent private schools in the state. =>No comparison with Europe.

Most college players don't travel more than a 6 hour drive from home to go to school. =>No comparison with Europe.

There are 21 D1 colleges in New England. =>No comparison with Europe.

Eurpope? Really? It's the new resume builder I guess, like volunteering in an Third World orphanage. American students playing soccer in Europe is a side effect of the Upper Middle Class need to differentiate their kids and manufacture experiences. It's not about soccer.
                    See above. None of your comparisons are vs Europe, only within the US. Your ignorance is astounding. Europe is where the skill and $ is for soccer.

Comment

See above. None of your comparisons are vs Europe, only within the US. Your ignorance is astounding. Europe is where the skill and $ is for soccer.
                      You are a fool if you think your default Europe answer legitimate. First of all, most of the soccer transplants are either NOT attending school or are taking classes online. That flushes most of your snarky Europe answers down the toilet. Maybe if we were talking about Japan, Korea or China you’d have a leg to stand on in terms of actual schools.

Comment

Working on it. Like I said, if money was no issue I'd have season tickets at the Allianz. Walk down the busiest street in the busiest city in just about any country in Europe and you won't see the utter disregard for civility we have even here in the Athens of America. Or that you see when you look in the mirror.
                        Someone's not paying attention to current events in Europe. Feel free to go, just don't go losing your head over the decision.

Comment

lol. All the D3 failure parents are perking up. Have fun with those sad sacks.
                          Hartford Athletic USL

I never thought it would end this way!

Comment

Take a gap year. Backpack through Europe after college graduation. Travel all you want. That's not the same as mortgaging your child's education to live "adventurously." If you live in Arkansas and your education system is sub-par then, by all means, move wherever you can for any reason.
                            Newton schools are top five percent so not Arkansas. Mommy taught and ineligible for college soccer.

Why do these clowns continue to brag about their self-indulgent idiocy? How many games have they actually played in the last two years, 5-6?

Comment

Newton schools are top five percent so not Arkansas. Mommy taught and ineligible for college soccer.

Why do these clowns continue to brag about their self-indulgent idiocy? How many games have they actually played in the last two years, 5-6?
                              ML has played 14 this year. There is no information listed on the rest. I don’t see last year’s.
                              Isn’t that more games than most Revs players?

Comment

ML has played 14 this year. There is no information listed on the rest. I don’t see last year’s.
                                Isn’t that more games than most Revs players?
                                They didn't play at all last year, the Revs cut slower one plays even less.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X