X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So True all about the Patch and the money
    You are not wrong, but the patch is representative of the platform.
    The ECNL platform is a an efficient marketplace to connect soccer families with college dreams and colleges that need to comply with Title IX.

NPL was a great experience for my D, but exposure was limited. ECNL exposure is off the charts. She may not realize her dreams, but it wasn't because she wasn't seen.

Comment

Why would ecnl dilute their brand and their showcases? It just waters down the brand down even more and it just drives players to the gda. The status symbol must be exclusive to be valuable. It is already damaged by too many leagues and another one will just further pollute the mess.

Comment

Why would ecnl dilute their brand and their showcases? It just waters down the brand down even more and it just drives players to the gda. The status symbol must be exclusive to be valuable. It is already damaged by too many leagues and another one will just further pollute the mess.
        Easy to have an ECNL and ECNL2 division (or ECRL)
        ECNL remains the "AMG" brand. Super easy to do, and for all the reasons posted early, a good thing to do

Comment

Easy to have an ECNL and ECNL2 division (or ECRL)
          ECNL remains the "AMG" brand. Super easy to do, and for all the reasons posted early, a good thing to do
          Whatever easy to do and easy to send top players to the competition. Makes no sense and will damage the brand.

Comment

ECNL wouldn't be able to expand the large events like FL. Not enough bandwidth on the fields and putting the event at multiple sites defeats the purpose.

Consolidating the NPL into ECNL 2 would make sense and so would regional showcases. Majority of players in the Northeast including ECNL kids desire schools that are within 3 hours from home. A big regional event would be ideal for players and very helpful for schools that don't have unlimited travel and recruiting budgets.

Comment

ECNL wouldn't be able to expand the large events like FL. Not enough bandwidth on the fields and putting the event at multiple sites defeats the purpose.

Consolidating the NPL into ECNL 2 would make sense and so would regional showcases. Majority of players in the Northeast including ECNL kids desire schools that are within 3 hours from home. A big regional event would be ideal for players and very helpful for schools that don't have unlimited travel and recruiting budgets.
              Exactly right. But ECNL FL and ECNL PHX could become East/West events and loss of other coast teams, could be filled by ECNL2. ECNL Playoffs would remain national so players still get national exposure - but few really want it

Comment

Exactly right. But ECNL FL and ECNL PHX could become East/West events and loss of other coast teams, could be filled by ECNL2. ECNL Playoffs would remain national so players still get national exposure - but few really want it
                If u are saying that the ecnl 2 will function to make the showcases more regional instead of national then that is goid. As long as really translates into reduced time and money and they don't come up with some other wallet vacuum to make up the difference. I will believe it when I see it and expectations are low as they should be

Comment

If you dont throw a bone to the ECRL then what is the point and you can't have them .... if they gain nothing, they will do what makes sense for them but if you let some of the quality sides there earn a spot in the national playoff you get cinderella stories and hysteria about the event ...... which makes it even more appealing to more clubs ..... got it?

Comment

Expand by allowing the top two teams from each ECRL age group/region to play in the top showcase? It's not far fetched or expanding very much. Not all ECRL teams qualify here, but the top ones would. IF you do not do that, you are rebranding NPL ... youth parents are stupid but they will see through it in a year or two (like GDA). Furthermore, college coaches would see through this immediately and very few coaches with scholarships would attend these events which would further piss off the masses and be a strong indicator that they are being used to pay for ECNL. Make some sense here people .... shrink the ECNL bu at least 20% to shore it up and rethink your regional play to minimize travel (play stronger teams twice if you have to). Make the ECRL more appealing by keeping it almost entirely regional with showcases within driving distance of 3 or 4 regions (fly if you want to) and then invite league and showcase winners to national ECNL events to play for all of the marbles.

Comment

Yes, true. This will happen in Spring of 2019.

Oh...and your D will play Div I at BC.

Good luck!
                      What? I don’t understand this response at all.

Comment

For the same reason why people pay top dollar to be on a 2nd team...
                        How much less is a region team???? I know people at Metro West, North Shore, Worcester, etc and they pay pretty much the same as pooled teams like NPL and ECNL so you’re a jealous a-hole.

Comment

How much less is a region team???? I know people at Metro West, North Shore, Worcester, etc and they pay pretty much the same as pooled teams like NPL and ECNL so you’re a jealous a-hole.
                          I stand corrected.

For the same reason why people pay the same for the 3rd, 4th, and 5th teams...

Feel better?

Comment

That is ridiculous.
                            Why? Not sure this is true but the East and West in ECNL is working. Because they have the numbers and can fully field two teams and the younger NPL teams that competed in the fall are still in 1st place! Why is that ridiculous?

Comment

I stand corrected.

For the same reason why people pay the same for the 3rd, 4th, and 5th teams...

Feel better?
                              Feel better? I don’t feel one way or another. Why do people pay top dollar for youth soccer? You tell me?

Comment

Feel better? I don’t feel one way or another. Why do people pay top dollar for youth soccer? You tell me?

No idea why someone would pay top dollar for not top value. 2nd team, 3rd team, 4th team, all same price?

No, I cannot answer why someone would do that.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X