X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Quick summary...

Family could not afford time and money commitment of DA or. ECNL leagues, although our child was invited multiple times to play on those teams. In addition, our child also did not want to give up HS (so no DA) and ECNL club was too far from our home. Also a multi sport athlete. Left us with high NPL as our best option.

Attended NPL all showcases offered (including Disney, Jeff Cup, and Nationals), Regional 1 ODP, and attended ID Camps of specific targeted colleges. Constant contact with targeted coaches, built relationships and accepted D1 offer with some athletic money. No one player is the same, and all have different pathways. Ours worked for us.
    AGAIN, FOR THE ONES WHO HAVE HARD TIME WITH READING COMPREHENSION!!! I believe that the NPL/NEP route is a viable option, for players with talent, and willing to do a lot more work, and put the sweat equity into it. My point again is, if you want too MAXIMIZE EXPOSURE TOO ALL, then DA/ECNL is your best option. What you did for your child is commendable, and impressive, but it's the much harder and much more risky, if what you are trying to achieve is a D1/2 scholarship. That's it, nothing else. Not saying one way is better than other or more fulfilling just saying you have a MUCH better chance of getting what you want, and probably need if in ECNL OR DA. THATS IT, NOTHING ELSE!!!!

Comment

I think you NEED more CAPS!! You can't make your POINT unless you REALLY bring on the CAPS!!!!

Comment

AGAIN, FOR THE ONES WHO HAVE HARD TIME WITH READING COMPREHENSION!!! I believe that the NPL/NEP route is a viable option, for players with talent, and willing to do a lot more work, and put the sweat equity into it. My point again is, if you want too MAXIMIZE EXPOSURE TOO ALL, then DA/ECNL is your best option. What you did for your child is commendable, and impressive, but it's the much harder and much more risky, if what you are trying to achieve is a D1/2 scholarship. That's it, nothing else. Not saying one way is better than other or more fulfilling just saying you have a MUCH better chance of getting what you want, and probably need if in ECNL OR DA. THATS IT, NOTHING ELSE!!!!
        Why are you yelling at the person who was simply answering a question???

Comment

"...if you want to maximize your child's options then DA/ECNL is the way to go."

Really only one option left. Girls DA has already struck the iceberg. Enjoy the music and pastries while the rest of us scramble for the lifeboats.
          Soooooooo don't agree with this statement!!!! I wonder which league will be around 10 yrs from now, because when push comes to shove and ECNL gets any kind of real traction over DA, then DA will drop the No High School rule. Do you think ECNL would stand a chance??? They may still exist, but they won't win that battle. IMO

Comment

No shlt. Dude gave a perfectly reasonable answer as to why the options presented to them were, really, all they had. So, they made the most of it.

Comment

I like too yell!

Comment

I never realized Sam Kinison was a soccer fan.

Comment

I never realized Sam Kinison was a soccer fan.
                  Haha!! Just retired from teaching history at "Grand Lakes University". Back To School was a great 80s movie. PS- Not yelling, just accentuating my point. Don't be so forum sensitive!!!

Comment

Soooooooo don't agree with this statement!!!! I wonder which league will be around 10 yrs from now, because when push comes to shove and ECNL gets any kind of real traction over DA, then DA will drop the No High School rule. Do you think ECNL would stand a chance??? They may still exist, but they won't win that battle. IMO
                    ECNL isn't going anywhere. Read the tealeaves.

Comment

http://www.ussoccerda.com/20190220-N...r-19-20-Season

Comment

Yes, great move GDA! In order to over throw the ECNL dominance in the NE, you add 3 terrible clubs and 1 decent club. Bravo!!!

Comment

So Select & NEFC have to travel to Seacoast NH & Oakwood CT for their “close” games, and other than that it’s trips south of the George Washington Bridge to play garbage teams or to some club in Syracyse? And no HS soccer?!

Not if you paid me and flew me in a helicopter.

Comment

Yes, great move GDA! In order to over throw the ECNL dominance in the NE, you add 3 terrible clubs and 1 decent club. Bravo!!!
                            Great news for Stars and scorps!

Comment

SJ Barrons are a nice addition. ECNL should have added them years ago. Some of the other additions are questionable, fillers at best. Top end clubs aren’t being helped. The gap between top clubs and bottom clubs in the NE and SE is huge. The expense and time involved isn’t worth it in most areas of the country.

High school soccer isn’t the issue. The type of commitment needed for DA is the issue, and when you add more than one or two clubs to certain areas/cities there simply is not enough players that have the necessary commitment and talent. The most extreme example is Tophat that has to travel far to beat the majority of the teams they play by 5 or more goals. That situation isn’t getting better anytime soon.

IMO, life was best when NEFC, Scorps, Stars, CFC and FSA were playing. Add SSS and there we would have all the competition necessary without having to travel far. Things are mess!

Comment

Who knew so many A- and B-licensed coaches were hiding at such mediocre clubs??

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X