Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    65% of the TEAM is non-ECNL...and I'm guessing they had a big part of winning the championship!
    Check the trend line, I bet FSU's 2015 and 2016 classes have lots of ECNL players.

Comment

Check the trend line, I bet FSU's 2015 and 2016 classes have lots of ECNL players.
      7 of FSU's 11 2015 and 2016 verbally committed girls are ECNL

Comment

65% of the TEAM is non-ECNL...and I'm guessing they had a big part of winning the championship!
        It's about playing the percentages. I'd bet 99% of millionaires are NOT ivy league graduates, I'd bet 75% or higher of the ivy league graduates are millionaires. If you have the chance to send a son/daughter to an ivy league school, you send them because it probably sets them up for life.

ECNL isn't an option in all areas, but if it is you take advantage of it. Your chances of college soccer opportunities has to be near 50/50. There are probably less than a 1000 U18 ECNL players a year vs. what? 200,000 non-ECNL high school players a year.

There are rougly 1000 girls soccer scholarships per year. You see where this is going. ECNL = high probability; non-ECNL = low probability.

Yes, 500 girls every year of the 200,000 beat the odds and get a scholarship. For ECNL, it's a 50/50 opportunity.

Comment

It's about playing the percentages. I'd bet 99% of millionaires are NOT ivy league graduates, I'd bet 75% or higher of the ivy league graduates are millionaires. If you have the chance to send a son/daughter to an ivy league school, you send them because it probably sets them up for life.

ECNL isn't an option in all areas, but if it is you take advantage of it. Your chances of college soccer opportunities has to be near 50/50. There are probably less than a 1000 U18 ECNL players a year vs. what? 200,000 non-ECNL high school players a year.

There are rougly 1000 girls soccer scholarships per year. You see where this is going. ECNL = high probability; non-ECNL = low probability.

Yes, 500 girls every year of the 200,000 beat the odds and get a scholarship. For ECNL, it's a 50/50 opportunity.

Where do u people come up with this ****? I think you're all brainwashed. Do they teach you all to come up with obscure numbers to make you sound cool? 0ver 600+ coaches, 90% of the national team is ECNL. You see where this is going? Why don't you let the league speak for itself rather than lose credibility by nut jobs like u. Wow only 500 non- ECNL scholarships. Hmmm, I know a couple local clubs that had over 20 each. That's right 40 between just 2 clubs and that was pre-ECNL.

Comment

There are great players that do not want to play ECNL. Traveling with the girls and coaches from WFF has been a nightmare.

Comment

Where do u people come up with this ****? I think you're all brainwashed. Do they teach you all to come up with obscure numbers to make you sound cool? 0ver 600+ coaches, 90% of the national team is ECNL. You see where this is going? Why don't you let the league speak for itself rather than lose credibility by nut jobs like u. Wow only 500 non- ECNL scholarships. Hmmm, I know a couple local clubs that had over 20 each. That's right 40 between just 2 clubs and that was pre-ECNL.
              I'm sorry, did you say "pre-ECNL"? And what was your point again? I think everyone else is discussing current recruiting.

Comment

I think you're the nut job a**hole! Best of luck putting your girls in high school soccer with ECNL in your neighborhood. Next you'll posting how your kids don't need college to get a job. Hilarious!

My apologies to those that don't have an ECNL program within realistic geographic area. It's unfortunate, it makes competing at the highest levels more diffucult, but it is achievable.

Comment

I would check your sources. In 2013 there were 323 D1 schools with a limit of 14 scholarships which equals 4522. 251 D2 schools with 9.9 scholarship limit = 2485. 195 NAIA at a 12 limit = 2340. Total of roughly 9350 scholarships. if u average that out over 4 yr playing career that's approx 2338 scholarship. If you take all 77 u18 teams and gave every single player (based on a 20 man roster) a scholarship that would 1540. So to say only 500 non-ECNL girl will get a scholarship is complete BS and false propaganda.

Comment

I think you're the nut job a**hole! Best of luck putting your girls in high school soccer with ECNL in your neighborhood. Next you'll posting how your kids don't need college to get a job. Hilarious!

My apologies to those that don't have an ECNL program within realistic geographic area. It's unfortunate, it makes competing at the highest levels more diffucult, but it is achievable.
                    That's the expected and typical response when u pull figures out of your ass. Weak, very weak!

Comment

I would check your sources. In 2013 there were 323 D1 schools with a limit of 14 scholarships which equals 4522. 251 D2 schools with 9.9 scholarship limit = 2485. 195 NAIA at a 12 limit = 2340. Total of roughly 9350 scholarships. if u average that out over 4 yr playing career that's approx 2338 scholarship. If you take all 77 u18 teams and gave every single player (based on a 20 man roster) a scholarship that would 1540. So to say only 500 non-ECNL girl will get a scholarship is complete BS and false propaganda.
                      You're missing the entire point, but thank you for finding the exact stats. Now divide the number of ECNL U18 players (roughly 1000) by whichever total number of scholarships you wish to choose.

Compare that to 200,000 high school girls soccer players (aka non-ECNL) divided by the same scholarship number.

It's not even close. ECNL is the way to go if it's an option.

Comment

Or, in other terms, 4,522/4 = 1,130, so the other 410 ECNL girls settle for div 2, and non-ECNL girls get the remaining 2,075 div 2 spots and all the NAIA. I mean, just saying if you want to do the math that is. They're your numbers, just depends how you choose to look at them.

Comment

You're missing the entire point, but thank you for finding the exact stats. Now divide the number of ECNL U18 players (roughly 1000) by whichever total number of scholarships you wish to choose.

Compare that to 200,000 high school girls soccer players (aka non-ECNL) divided by the same scholarship number.

It's not even close. ECNL is the way to go if it's an option.
                          We get the point but is sounds like you're under the assumption that every ECNL player gets a scholarship. I don't where your kid plays but the ECNL clubs around here don't produce 100% results.

Comment

I can't keep track of the numbers and percentages. I think like anything if your kid is part of it you think it's the best. If your kid isn't you will find fault. It sounds like these clubs are in pretty high density population areas so that is a good way to weed out the lesser talented. But there is a lot of talent in less populated areas. These kids just have to be very proactive to get noticed. There isn't a lot of money for coaches in womens soccer to scout thoroughly. It makes it easier for them so if you are not a part of that system you have to do the hard work of self promotion. I also agree that if you are out of that system you are not facing the best competition. It's still a flawed system. Good luck to all!

Comment

Or, in other terms, 4,522/4 = 1,130, so the other 410 ECNL girls settle for div 2, and non-ECNL girls get the remaining 2,075 div 2 spots and all the NAIA. I mean, just saying if you want to do the math that is. They're your numbers, just depends how you choose to look at them.
                              Oh I see, so no "non-ECNL" get D1 scholarships. Got it. This just keeps getting better. Cuckoo!!!!!

Comment

Oh I see, so no "non-ECNL" get D1 scholarships. Got it. This just keeps getting better. Cuckoo!!!!!
                                Cuckoo is not being able to laugh at yourself. Obviously you would prefer to believe you're the only one who can interpret numbers. My example was obviously ridiculous but I guess that escaped you. I could not care less what you think of ECNL. I don't need to sell the program, it's working for me and that's all that matters.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X