Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Lemme Guess... your favorite U13 team is not listed in rankings? I think it is fun and all in a good spirit (can't say that about a lot of things on TS). I'm glad the OP is sticking with it. It is fun when you finally see some of these teams play head-to-head and the rankings sort themselves out.
    No, they are ranked, and very high. I think it is just sad adults spend that much time on 12 year old girls soccer teams still developing.

Comment

Let the games began

Comment

That can't be a complete/correct list of accepted teams, there are no Chargers (CLW, TPA, LWR, FHR) teams listed in any age group.
        It is my understanding that all of the Charger teams will play USA Region C instead of State Cup. Has that Charger program declined or what!

Comment

It is my understanding that all of the Charger teams will play USA Region C instead of State Cup. Has that Charger program declined or what!
          I see 10 boys and 10 girls teams. So not sure what u r talking about.

Comment

Anybody understand the u13 format for seeding? It's different from the past
            Where is the seeding for u13s

Comment

U13-U18 Payment Deadline 12/16/2014

U13-U18 Payment Deadline 12/16/2014. I would assume the accepted list should be final today at 5pm.

Comment

Where is the seeding for u13s
                Last year u13 was not seeded. I believe groupings were random draw. Not sure if it is the same set up this year.

Comment

Now the deadline has passed, the accepted team list out, and the majority of the age groups will be playing the "Round 1" games if teams are unseeded. FYSA is saying that the games will be held within their respective regions. How are they going to do this fairly if one Region only has 2 unseeded team, and another has 12? Wont they have to open it up State wide to really make it fair?

Comment

Now the deadline has passed, the accepted team list out, and the majority of the age groups will be playing the "Round 1" games if teams are unseeded. FYSA is saying that the games will be held within their respective regions. How are they going to do this fairly if one Region only has 2 unseeded team, and another has 12? Wont they have to open it up State wide to really make it fair?
                    It does not seem to be clear on how they will exactly do it. The way I read it, if a region has more unseeded teams then another then that is just the way it's going to be. Round two will have no more then 32 teams. It also does not state what will happen if a age group has more then 32 teams seeded. I would assume the lowest seeds will also have to play in round one in their region like the unseeded teams.

They will also need to leave room in round 2 for the region winners so I guess they can not give 1st round bye's to more than 28 teams.

Comment

It’s not clear if, for the age groups that have more than 32 teams, only the necessary games are going to be played in Round 1, so that Round 2 will have exactly 32 teams. For example, if a group has 37 teams, the bottom 10 teams play in round 1, so round 2 will have exactly 32 teams (27 “seeded” + 5 first-round winners). In the example above, if more than 10 teams play in round 1, round 2 will have less than 32 teams.

Comment

It does not seem to be clear on how they will exactly do it. The way I read it, if a region has more unseeded teams then another then that is just the way it's going to be. Round two will have no more then 32 teams. It also does not state what will happen if a age group has more then 32 teams seeded. I would assume the lowest seeds will also have to play in round one in their region like the unseeded teams.

They will also need to leave room in round 2 for the region winners so I guess they can not give 1st round bye's to more than 28 teams.
                        Only 16 teams will be seeded and get a bye to the second round. All other teams not seeded in top 16 wii be playing in their own region. 16 of those teams who finish first or second (depending how many teams are in each region) will advance to second round.

Comment

Only 16 teams will be seeded and get a bye to the second round. All other teams not seeded in top 16 wii be playing in their own region. 16 of those teams who finish first or second (depending how many teams are in each region) will advance to second round.
                          Interesting. Where do you read that in the new rules?

Comment

So now FYSA will be doing mini “Region (A/B/C/D) Cup” for the unseeded teams? I believe that they should create an ordered/ranked/seeded list and the bottom X teams (regardless of their region) should play in round 1. Going the region route will deny 1 or 2 teams that are on a strong region the opportunity to try and be in the round of 16; and will provide 1 or 2 teams from a weaker region the pass to round 2. What I’m saying, for example, is that (comparing two teams from different regions) a stronger team from one region may not go to round 2, and a weaker team (not necessarily a weak team) may go to round 2. I agree with a previous poster, open it up statewide and let the best 32 teams go to round 2.

Comment

I see no reference to the number of teams to be seeded.

Link to format:
                              http://www.fysa.com/assets/942/15/20...n%20Format.pdf

*** - Round 1 advancers depend on the number of Seeded Teams, League Affiliate Champions, and the number of Round 1 teams from each Region. Team Progression Numbers will be posted in January 2015

Comment

If a Region only has lets say 2 unseeded teams, then how are they going to play in Round 1? FYSA will have to open it up state wide. You can't have 9 unseeded teams from one Region, 2 unseeded from another, and possibly think that it will be balanced or work out.

FYSA also has Round 1 as being play over 2 weekends. So that translates into 3 games. So the groupings will need to be with 4 teams.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X