Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Check with your A.D. We had a standing arrangement that college coaches could get in for free and had access to the press box if they wanted. They also got free food at the concession stand. You needed an awake ticket taker, but usually coaches are not difficult to spot. We just wanted to make it as easy as possible. If they are going to end up eating junk food it might as well be free junk food.

I was going to mention this. It's only $5 but they shouldnt have to pay it. And first impression may start right at the gate.

Comment

Never Assume

I would agree with this too. Most college coaches would not go to see a High School game unless they just happen to be in the area. The level of play is generally so much lower that there is no true way to see how a field player performs under pressure. Yes, in HS they may look in control, fast and skilled but....that is because for the most part many HS players are not travel players. There just is not the high intensity pressure that a good travel game will give.
      The level of Play in High School Varies with the teams involved.
      I do agree that the Majority are NOT worth viewing by a D-1 or D-2 College Coach.
      My Daughter Plays for a South Florida High School and also a Local Club Team.
      The College Coaches Know the Girls and frequent both Club & High School Games.

Comment

Originally posted by OnlySoccer View Post
        The level of Play in High School Varies with the teams involved.
        I do agree that the Majority are NOT worth viewing by a D-1 or D-2 College Coach.
        My Daughter Plays for a South Florida High School and also a Local Club Team.
        The College Coaches Know the Girls and frequent both Club & High School Games.
        College coach asked my kid what was the strongest high school with most club players that he played against when we visited the college. The coach came out for that game.

Comment

Was told by a D1 college coach they would not come watch high school unless it was to see a keeper, as a keeper in high school generally gets more work.
          Depends on your high school. If you have a licensed soccer coach that has the team playing the game as it is played in college, then it is definitely worth the call. If you have a PE coach who lets the girls boot the ball up and down the field, then it is a waste of time unless you are inviting out the track coach to recruit her.

Comment

A Few State Championships Help.....

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X