Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

West Pines United F.C. has links with “La Liga”

West Pines United FC (WPU) through its partnership with the Storm F.C, WPU now has links with La Liga, the Spanish professional football league. The Storm FC recently established a three year partnership with the Spanish club Real Sporting de Gijón (Sporting) a relationship that WPU players will benefit from. The Storm FC is a West Broward based soccer club that plays in the National Premier Soccer League and has close its with WPU.

Sporting is a Spanish football club from Gijón, that plays in La Liga’s Segunda División (Second Division) and as recently as 2012 played in the first division. In addition to their top team, the club operates the Escuela de Fútbol de Mareo, a training ground and academy for the development of footballers. The “Mareo” has produced several international football players like Eloy, Ablanedo, Luis Enrique, Abelardo, Manjarin, Juanele and David Villa. As a result of the new partnership Sporting’s staff will now scout Storm FC and WPU FC players to attend this academy.

Sporting’s exclusive international program called “Futuras Promesas” (Future Players) Academy will organize tryouts and clinics throughout the South Florida area seeking players to compete for professional contracts within La Liga. This is a unique opportunity for the Storm and WPU players to try and make it as a pro footballer. WPU Coaches will benefit by this partnership by being allowed to be present at Sporting and Storm FC games and training sessions.

This is a great opportunity for the boys and girls of WPU; thank-you Storm FC for allowing us to be part of this relationship. As the WPU gets more information we will get it out to you as soon as possible.

Go Pines, Go Storm and Go Sporting!!

Really, I also believe in Santa Claus.
    Every club in South Florida comes up with this advertise. Who will give up their education in the US to go Spain and practice in a second Division team? Really. Some academies evaluate 3.000 to 4.000 players per year and they may take 20 into their academies. do the math

Comment

this is so laughable. The DOC came from Valencia right? So this is how they come up with advertising the phrase "Welcome to the next level?"
      Please develop your own teams to get back to the level the club was.

Comment

those guys are the clowns!

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
          west pines united fc (wpu) through its partnership with the storm f.c, wpu now has links with la liga, the spanish professional football league. The storm fc recently established a three year partnership with the spanish club real sporting de gijón (sporting) a relationship that wpu players will benefit from. The storm fc is a west broward based soccer club that plays in the national premier soccer league and has close its with wpu.

Sporting is a spanish football club from gijón, that plays in la liga’s segunda división (second division) and as recently as 2012 played in the first division. In addition to their top team, the club operates the escuela de fútbol de mareo, a training ground and academy for the development of footballers. The “mareo” has produced several international football players like eloy, ablanedo, luis enrique, abelardo, manjarin, juanele and david villa. As a result of the new partnership sporting’s staff will now scout storm fc and wpu fc players to attend this academy.

Sporting’s exclusive international program called “futuras promesas” (future players) academy will organize tryouts and clinics throughout the south florida area seeking players to compete for professional contracts within la liga. This is a unique opportunity for the storm and wpu players to try and make it as a pro footballer. Wpu coaches will benefit by this partnership by being allowed to be present at sporting and storm fc games and training sessions.

This is a great opportunity for the boys and girls of wpu; thank-you storm fc for allowing us to be part of this relationship. As the wpu gets more information we will get it out to you as soon as possible.

Go pines, go storm and go sporting!!
          go wpu!!!!!!

Comment

Yea, and it shows in their development right?
            u9-u10-u11-u12-u13 Boys. I thought those ages groups were the ones that are supposed to be really really good. From what I can see they won nothing in the local tournament that they put on. Heck they are so good lets send the boys to La Masia, or FC Bescola.
            Supposed to be on the 2nd year of this so called system right?
            We were shown his system, many of us here in Palm Beach county were.
            My buddy also was shown in North Broward, Coral Springs, etc.
            We see this DOC person more here in Boca /Palm Beach than anywhere else.

Still do not get why clubs charge so much money for crap coaching, and even worse development. Not just WPU, many, many clubs.
            I heard one club took 24-27 kids and announces the roster the day before.
            Each family had to pay $ 1700.00 for the season and no guarantee they make the game roster each weekend? WOW...u-16 if that helps

Comment

Parkland cannot wait until they face West Pines are you ready !

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                West Pines United FC (WPU) through its partnership with the Storm F.C, WPU now has links with La Liga, the Spanish professional football league. The Storm FC recently established a three year partnership with the Spanish club Real Sporting de Gijón (Sporting) a relationship that WPU players will benefit from. The Storm FC is a West Broward based soccer club that plays in the National Premier Soccer League and has close its with WPU.

Sporting is a Spanish football club from Gijón, that plays in La Liga’s Segunda División (Second Division) and as recently as 2012 played in the first division. In addition to their top team, the club operates the Escuela de Fútbol de Mareo, a training ground and academy for the development of footballers. The “Mareo” has produced several international football players like Eloy, Ablanedo, Luis Enrique, Abelardo, Manjarin, Juanele and David Villa. As a result of the new partnership Sporting’s staff will now scout Storm FC and WPU FC players to attend this academy.

Sporting’s exclusive international program called “Futuras Promesas” (Future Players) Academy will organize tryouts and clinics throughout the South Florida area seeking players to compete for professional contracts within La Liga. This is a unique opportunity for the Storm and WPU players to try and make it as a pro footballer. WPU Coaches will benefit by this partnership by being allowed to be present at Sporting and Storm FC games and training sessions.

This is a great opportunity for the boys and girls of WPU; thank-you Storm FC for allowing us to be part of this relationship. As the WPU gets more information we will get it out to you as soon as possible.

Go Pines, Go Storm and Go Sporting!!
                We are waiting to hear about the kids you sign from West Pines. Wait, who is Sporting? Storm FC? Huh?

Comment

We are waiting to hear about the kids you sign from West Pines. Wait, who is Sporting? Storm FC? Huh?
                  You are yealous!!!

Comment

No offense, but if it's not the NFL, MLB or NBA, who really cares. Seriously.

Comment

Yea, and it shows in their development right?
                      u9-u10-u11-u12-u13 Boys. I thought those ages groups were the ones that are supposed to be really really good. From what I can see they won nothing in the local tournament that they put on. Heck they are so good lets send the boys to La Masia, or FC Bescola.
                      Supposed to be on the 2nd year of this so called system right?
                      We were shown his system, many of us here in Palm Beach county were.
                      My buddy also was shown in North Broward, Coral Springs, etc.
                      We see this DOC person more here in Boca /Palm Beach than anywhere else.

Still do not get why clubs charge so much money for crap coaching, and even worse development. Not just WPU, many, many clubs.
                      I heard one club took 24-27 kids and announces the roster the day before.
                      Each family had to pay $ 1700.00 for the season and no guarantee they make the game roster each weekend? WOW...u-16 if that helps
                      We pay 1k at my club train 5 days a week if you want and its pay to play what's better then that . Some might think it is REC maybe but my kid is not that great and my kid still plays I love it !

Comment

We pay 1k at my club train 5 days a week if you want and its pay to play what's better then that . Some might think it is REC maybe but my kid is not that great and my kid still plays I love it !
                        If it's not the NFL, MLB or NBA, who cares. Seriously.

Comment

So has anyone seen the DOC recently at the fields?

Maybe this will tell why?

http://www.marca.com/en/2014/12/04/e...417685212.html

Wow, glad to see we hired the right guy at the club. I know the guy has knowledge of the game why can't he teach it or show it to the kids?

Comment

So has anyone seen the DOC recently at the fields?

Maybe this will tell why?

http://www.marca.com/en/2014/12/04/e...417685212.html

Wow, glad to see we hired the right guy at the club. I know the guy has knowledge of the game why can't he teach it or show it to the kids?
                            The article speaks of José Fernández our DOC is named Jose Francisco Garcia, plus if he was part owner of a professional team in Spain i don't think he would be here as our DOC.

Comment

The article speaks of José Fernández our DOC is named Jose Francisco Garcia, plus if he was part owner of a professional team in Spain i don't think he would be here as our DOC.
                              I know our DOC's name. The point was he linked our club to a " second rate" and now almost bankrupt and defunct 2nd division team. Plus very few parents have seem him on the field working with our kids. I thought a DOC should be hands on to develop the boys and girls no?
                              Based on the latest email the club sent, not many kids getting into colleges either right?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X