Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Get real. Those two didn't make something from nothing. The opposite actually. Their kids are taught to play as individuals, lack tactical awareness when they reach the older age groups. Why so few go on to play ecnl.
    Brandon does not have all the talent in Tampa area at the younger age groups. If you look at the top teams around Tampa they each have a couple of very talented players. At some point these talented players will try out for the ECNL team and displace some existing players. The ECNL teams should always take the best players who try out every year regardless of what club they started in. Parents need to first look at themselves and their kid before always blaming the coach for like of development. At the end of the day it is the player that performs on the field and each level you move up it becomes more difficult to be the star player.

Comment

Where are the ECNL players at practice?

Where are the ECNL players on practice nights? They are getting 9-10 players showing lately?

Comment

I would not doubt that, but for some, not all. I bet if you tell me which club you are at I can give you the same comments said from parents who left that club. I work with a lot of former TBU south parents. The stuff they say about that club is amazing. Being at WFF you get a lot of former FH players. The comments there are not appealing to the FH club. Parents usually make things sound worse than they are to justify there move and hopefully get some to follow.

I could care less about WFF over all success. My daughters teams has done fine for years and that is all that matters to me. I would say watch out when your entire team moves I have seen and even read on here of teams moving and then move back again, but end up leaving some players scrambling for teams at last minute, because they were out of the loop.
        We came from FishHawk and absolutley loved the coaching our daughter received, both the team coach and the technical/strength coach. WE had to leave to be with other more competitive girls which we found at WFF. But in no way is the coaching staff even equal to what we left and we have had to hire outside coaches to keep the competitive edge. Keeping options open for next year (need great coaching and a group of talented teammates)

Comment

We came from FishHawk and absolutley loved the coaching our daughter received, both the team coach and the technical/strength coach. WE had to leave to be with other more competitive girls which we found at WFF. But in no way is the coaching staff even equal to what we left and we have had to hire outside coaches to keep the competitive edge. Keeping options open for next year (need great coaching and a group of talented teammates)
          Not trying to stir the pot but the coaching at FH is not very good. Even the best coaches there which are decent and I have respect for cannot help good players improve because the players there are way behind. They are way behind not because the players that are there(most have been there since they started soccer). They are behind because FH coaching and program doesn't advance its players and the good ones eventually leave to practice with better players so that they can be pushed to be better. Don't get me wrong, some of the coaches at WFF need to be improved but for the most part the coaches are good and there is great access to good private training(quite frankly if you are not doing this then you are falling behind even if you have a great team coach). Looking at the FH high school teams for both boys and girls…there are very few players from FH club on those teams. The girls team which is highly successful is almost completely WFF players.

Comment

Not trying to stir the pot but the coaching at FH is not very good. Even the best coaches there which are decent and I have respect for cannot help good players improve because the players there are way behind. They are way behind not because the players that are there(most have been there since they started soccer). They are behind because FH coaching and program doesn't advance its players and the good ones eventually leave to practice with better players so that they can be pushed to be better. Don't get me wrong, some of the coaches at WFF need to be improved but for the most part the coaches are good and there is great access to good private training(quite frankly if you are not doing this then you are falling behind even if you have a great team coach). Looking at the FH high school teams for both boys and girls…there are very few players from FH club on those teams. The girls team which is highly successful is almost completely WFF players.
            Agreed, and that's why there will be drastic improvement when JC and Dynamo trainers take over.

Comment

Agreed, and that's why there will be drastic improvement when JC and Dynamo trainers take over.
              JC is excellent for sure. there are also a few other good trainers at Dynamo. The thing is this. JC and those trainers will be able to help the kids that are U7 & U8. Anyone older is already behind and if they are a great player should get out of there because they won't improve with a good coach surrounded by a bunch of bad players. While I agree JC might be able to help some kids from the ground up the kids that are a bit older need to scat because you can't do nothing about those poor kids that are already behind. Its just the truth, and it still remains to be seen if JC can keep those teams and players there after they start to age up(another FH problem). Once they age up the better kids are always leaving and to be honest its smart of them to do so. FH and Valrico have been around for a long time and I don't see them rising to the level of success that is needed to be competitive on a statewide level. On a good note, I did see one player at ODP from FH. Thats the second one I have seen in the last 3 years make the player pool. Compared to WFF that tends to have 5-6 per team.

Comment

JC is excellent for sure. there are also a few other good trainers at Dynamo. The thing is this. JC and those trainers will be able to help the kids that are U7 & U8. Anyone older is already behind and if they are a great player should get out of there because they won't improve with a good coach surrounded by a bunch of bad players. While I agree JC might be able to help some kids from the ground up the kids that are a bit older need to scat because you can't do nothing about those poor kids that are already behind. Its just the truth, and it still remains to be seen if JC can keep those teams and players there after they start to age up(another FH problem). Once they age up the better kids are always leaving and to be honest its smart of them to do so. FH and Valrico have been around for a long time and I don't see them rising to the level of success that is needed to be competitive on a statewide level. On a good note, I did see one player at ODP from FH. Thats the second one I have seen in the last 3 years make the player pool. Compared to WFF that tends to have 5-6 per team.
                Don't agree. Example is girl's team he is coaching now. team started as D3 in u11 as Valrico and through Dynamo etc now top 30 U15 team. Also took a u12 tarsa level team to state final in 3 years but team imploded (mostly due to assistant coach). Track record is there and nothing that FH has ever had. Hopefully they won't go the baysl way and try to have 3-4 teams per age group. That helps no one.

Comment

What clubs around Tampa are doing the best developing U9, U10 and U11 girls?

Comment

No need to worry..b.w. Is coming back to wff to work with the training of the girls teams..

Comment

Get real. Those two didn't make something from nothing. The opposite actually. Their kids are taught to play as individuals, lack tactical awareness when they reach the older age groups. Why so few go on to play ecnl.
                      Well there is only one team of theirs that is currently playing ECNL that RH/FH coached (U14) and if you go on ECNL team page and just count of the team picture alone there are 9 players from their teams. Couple are not full time, but most are. Plus some from their team are not in the picture. Does not seem to be a issue there.

U13 going into next year will be different, but the other post was right. Most from RH/FH days have left the club becuase of military moves or moved back to there own age group after playing up with RH/FH. The few they had are still on the NPL team, but only like 3 left.

Comment

Well there is only one team of theirs that is currently playing ECNL that RH/FH coached (U14) and if you go on ECNL team page and just count of the team picture alone there are 9 players from their teams. Couple are not full time, but most are. Plus some from their team are not in the picture. Does not seem to be a issue there.

U13 going into next year will be different, but the other post was right. Most from RH/FH days have left the club becuase of military moves or moved back to there own age group after playing up with RH/FH. The few they had are still on the NPL team, but only like 3 left.
                        The u13 group is probably the clubs best group. Plenty of furure ecnl talent. And rh/fh had nothing to do with that.

Comment

The u13 group is probably the clubs best group. Plenty of furure ecnl talent. And rh/fh had nothing to do with that.

True, can't blame them for it either. Most moved out of state and few that didn't, left the team after u10 fearing bad stories about JT, the current coach. More moved away the two year later or currently on the u12 team.

The team is good and has a future. The team is 1/3 of the 3 strongest teams in the area the year before. WFF, TBU, and strictly.

Comment

True, can't blame them for it either. Most moved out of state and few that didn't, left the team after u10 fearing bad stories about JT, the current coach. More moved away the two year later or currently on the u12 team.

The team is good and has a future. The team is 1/3 of the 3 strongest teams in the area the year before. WFF, TBU, and strictly.
                            Jt is the reason they are so good. He's a fantastic coach. Actually one of the best the club has. This garbage about stories of him, ect... it's garbage, or more likely sour grapes. The guy creates success--bottom line.And future ecnl teams and club should thank him for that.

Comment

The U13 team will have a strong team next year in its first year as a U14 ECNL team. The current U14 ECNL team should also be strong next year as they continue to build from this, their initial year together. I expect there to be a good turnout at tryouts for the upcoming U15 season. Remember that there are certain factors that will contribute the tryout turnout. One, how the current U14 ECNL team finish the season. Two, how the Orlando through Tampa U14 teams finish the season including State Cup results. Three, coaching staff and leadership at WFF.

Comment

TBU is weak at u13. Several players are looking to leave for better next year

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X