Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to state the obvious:

1. Women's soccer is not a "head count" sport so partial scholarships are typical.
    of
    2. The majority of schools do not fully fund women's soccer programs. That means that it is pretty common for a Div 1 school to have say a total 4 scholarships to divide up over a roster of 28 kids. Many schools have only a nominal scholarship budget.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      We get the point but is sounds like you're under the assumption that every ECNL player gets a scholarship. I don't where your kid plays but the ECNL clubs around here don't produce 100% results.
      Really? WFF had the whole ECNL team and half the NPL team commit last year.

Comment

Really? WFF had the whole ECNL team and half the NPL team commit last year.
        congrats. last yr our (non-ecnl) club committed its entire U18 team too. Most to DI, one Ivy, and one DIII (some do chose school for academics and not nec soccer). anyway, if you are in a large top level non-ecnl club, those girls are getting recruited just like any ecnl players. A prior poster was trying to lump all non-ecnl players together and that doesn't work when you are talking about players committing and the number of scholarships being doled out. It is just one erroneous thing the ecnl likes to do when discussing "other" players and available scholarships. you just can't say its ecnl v non-ecnl. top players are top players regardless of where they hail from.

Comment

congrats. last yr our (non-ecnl) club committed its entire U18 team too. Most to DI, one Ivy, and one DIII (some do chose school for academics and not nec soccer). anyway, if you are in a large top level non-ecnl club, those girls are getting recruited just like any ecnl players. A prior poster was trying to lump all non-ecnl players together and that doesn't work when you are talking about players committing and the number of scholarships being doled out. It is just one erroneous thing the ecnl likes to do when discussing "other" players and available scholarships. you just can't say its ecnl v non-ecnl. top players are top players regardless of where they hail from.
          I think this whole debate comes down to this, "Is it easier to be recruited from an ECNL team or a non-ECNL team?"

I would say this; if both teams are one of the top 4 teams in Florida, then the top 20% of the players on either team, ECNL or non-ECNL, will have an easy path to being recruited at a D1 school. I think the "ECNL" point is that the majority, the 80% of the players remaining who are still above average players, would find it easier to be recruited through ECNL than a non-ECNL team.

It is like your resume when trying to find a good job once you finish school. Your work background and education background will get you hired. If you worked at a law firm during the summers while going to school versus working at McDonalds, who would you choose for the job? They both might be good workers but the law firm employee worked in a professional atmosphere while the McDonalds employee flipped burgers. One had the idea that working in the law firm would be a challenge and meaningful experience, while the McDonalds employee just wanted a pay check. Probably not the best analogy but I think you can see my point.

Comment

Great anology! My daughter plays ECNL this season. Last season she did not. It's a huge difference. The level of play is far greater then the many tournaments she had received all through her youth play. She played for a top team in Fl and still the challenge was not even close to this season. It has stepped up her game significantly. In addition her experience with ECNL is fabulous. She loves the bus travel and the out of state games. It takes travel soccer to a whole new level. I would encourage any High level player to try-out next season to one of the two ECNL clubs in fl. It's an experience like no other for your daughter

Comment

There are great players that do not want to play ECNL. Traveling with the girls and coaches from WFF has been a nightmare.
              if they are "great" and have access to ecnl they are making a huge mistake by "not wanting to play" I believe the "great" players want to play against "great" players, if not for anything except to continue to grow against very good tems or even find out if they truly are "great" players. Some may "not want to play ECNL" for fear they learn they really aren't "great"

Comment

We get the point but is sounds like you're under the assumption that every ECNL player gets a scholarship. I don't where your kid plays but the ECNL clubs around here don't produce 100% results.
                there are only so many available for incoming freshman don't forget about remaining players still on scholarship. I believe the OP was on with dividing by 4 for each class.

Comment

Or, in other terms, 4,522/4 = 1,130, so the other 410 ECNL girls settle for div 2, and non-ECNL girls get the remaining 2,075 div 2 spots and all the NAIA. I mean, just saying if you want to do the math that is. They're your numbers, just depends how you choose to look at them.
                  there are only so many available for incoming freshman don't forget about remaining players still on scholarship. I believe the OP was on with dividing by 4 for each class.

Comment

Great anology! My daughter plays ECNL this season. Last season she did not. It's a huge difference. The level of play is far greater then the many tournaments she had received all through her youth play. She played for a top team in Fl and still the challenge was not even close to this season. It has stepped up her game significantly. In addition her experience with ECNL is fabulous. She loves the bus travel and the out of state games. It takes travel soccer to a whole new level. I would encourage any High level player to try-out next season to one of the two ECNL clubs in fl. It's an experience like no other for your daughter
                    Poster, state what club you came from. Let the audience of TS be the judge on whether you were really with a top team. I also think what drives the mentality of the players and parents in ecnl is that they are so afraid of the next person taking their spot, they do work hard. Fear.

Comment

This forum is hilarious. Might as well pull the creeks / Fesa merger into here or the TBU Chargers, not telling from SF...
                      From the Creeks:Who cares how much we pay him
                      He will be worth every dollar when he brings us the following:
                      ECNL
                      Full DA program (not what JFC has)
                      NIKE multiple million dollar contracts
                      International partnerships with Premier Football Clubs (cross training with their coaches )
                      Opportunity for our young players to travel and train in Europe
                      Premier training curriculum for all players
                      Produce a first in class Recreation program for all players (Local Recreation tournaments)
                      Upgrade at Chuck Rogers fields for our Elite teams to train
                      Build depth at all age groups for both boys and girls

Get used to change because it is here
                      His track record is second to none
                      We did our homework when we hired him

Bottom line agree with the 4 from OP. If RCNL wasn't available to bash, you would bash R3PL, or NPL- where ever the other parent doesn't have the opportunity for their daughter. Ever wonder why FL soccer is screwed up? Look on the mirror parents..... Bash everyone except your daughters team and her league- yeah anything FYSA has to offer is definitely top draw for college scouts and national scouts.... Keep telling yourselfs Florida State cup is the best- yet every club that does produce college recruits is working their ass off for FA for the boys and ECNL for the girls sides- Ever ask yourselves why? Yet it is running rabid in the TS forums....

Comment

There are great players that do not want to play ECNL. Traveling with the girls and coaches from WFF has been a nightmare.
                        Really? So all these great players you speak of don't want to play in the top league in the country because you say a bus ride is a nightmare. Did you even read your post before uou made that statement. What absolute nonsense.

Comment

Really? So all these great players you speak of don't want to play in the top league in the country because you say a bus ride is a nightmare. Did you even read your post before uou made that statement. What absolute nonsense.
                          That is exactly what I am saying, coaches left, club is mess. And the bus ride and hotel stays with YOUR kid have all been nightmares. So, yes many kids would prefer to spend time with their family and friends. Just because you are trying to live a dream through your kid, don't think that everyone wants what you want. By the way, my daughter told me that your kid told her that you embarrass her.

Comment

That is exactly what I am saying, coaches left, club is mess. And the bus ride and hotel stays with YOUR kid have all been nightmares. So, yes many kids would prefer to spend time with their family and friends. Just because you are trying to live a dream through your kid, don't think that everyone wants what you want. By the way, my daughter told me that your kid told her that you embarrass her.
                            What ECNL coaches have left? Please tell me it is BL son. Then I would bring my duaghter. You know the club is mess because? Do you have some inside info?

Comment

Again there is the point that logistics might make it hard for some top level players to participate in ENCL. That makes the system not achievable to many players.

Comment

And the difference between ECNL travel and the Spring Region 3 Premier league everyone is worried about applying and play in now with Fl, Ga, Sc, Nc is??????

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X