Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So not true... There are still Largo uniforms around.
    "Around" where?

Comment

Maybe Largo High School uniforms..

Comment

So not true... There are still Largo uniforms around.
        If you aren't a troll, and are actually worried about seeing Largo United jerseys around the fields, what you are seeing are Largo United recreational league jerseys. The rec league wasn't a part of the merger. Fyi

Comment

If you aren't a troll, and are actually worried about seeing Largo United jerseys around the fields, what you are seeing are Largo United recreational league jerseys. The rec league wasn't a part of the merger. Fyi
          No... Not true.. Check again it was not rec.

Comment

Good Morning Fellow TBU WEST Daddy Coaches.....great night at TBU WEST FC last night.....the boot and scoot was in rare form....the majority of daddy coaches were giving it all last night....heard alot of daddy coaches screaming kick it long, run it down....now thats the TBU WEST way.....Daddy Coaches please don't forget about the TBU WEST FC Christmas party this year....due to financial problems...TBU WEST FC will be relocating it's Christmas party to the club house where cookies and punch will be served..

Comment

No... Not true.. Check again it was not rec.
              I don't need to check again. Lol. It's a fact. No competitive teams are playing with Largo United jerseys.

Comment

TBU West teams wear the same uniforms as all the other TBU teams. They have the big sponsor on their jerseys and even have practice jerseys.

Comment

AS is dead serious on playing back in USA next season. And that as you know will not fly for TBU. Truth be told, the Largo boys are just playing in CDL-B, which is a joke. It is USA Division 3 at best but with fewer games, longer drives, and costs more. But this move will hurt the girls teams that are playing in the A divisions and doesn't have any problems staying with CDL.
                  And if it all ends with the club being Largo United once again, the numbers will be back to the old club also. That is half of what it is today. This is NOT a Celtic post or anything. There are a lot more kids today at Belcher because 1). the TBU merger, and 2). Playing in the CDL.

Comment

I have a daughter playing in TBU WEST. We never had any problems with anything. Their team is now playing against the best in CDL A, and over the years have played in top division tournaments.

But my problem is this. I have an 8 year old son who will be playing U9 next season. I have asked as many parents from the boys squads and I am surprised by what I've learned. It seems like all the teams are just playing for 2nd Division in CDL or in their tournaments. Even before, they said in USA. SOme in Division 3. And our DOC's teams, all of them, past and present, have never played against the First teams of Clearwater, TBU north, West Florida, etc..
                    N-E-V-E-R!
                    So what is the purpose of them playing competitive? Winning to the lowest levels possible? And I hope they don't blame the poor boys and tell parents that your kids are not good enough to play against those teams. That is unacceptable. You can always train harder,better, train for more than twice a week, or start training early for the season. Why don't they just play GYSA? Or include a trophy and medal in the registration like a Rec.league. This was the first time I've learned about this. Even with this merger. Nothing has changed they said.

Comment

I have a daughter playing in TBU WEST. We never had any problems with anything. Their team is now playing against the best in CDL A, and over the years have played in top division tournaments.

But my problem is this. I have an 8 year old son who will be playing U9 next season. I have asked as many parents from the boys squads and I am surprised by what I've learned. It seems like all the teams are just playing for 2nd Division in CDL or in their tournaments. Even before, they said in USA. SOme in Division 3. And our DOC's teams, all of them, past and present, have never played against the First teams of Clearwater, TBU north, West Florida, etc..
                      N-E-V-E-R!
                      So what is the purpose of them playing competitive? Winning to the lowest levels possible? And I hope they don't blame the poor boys and tell parents that your kids are not good enough to play against those teams. That is unacceptable. You can always train harder,better, train for more than twice a week, or start training early for the season. Why don't they just play GYSA? Or include a trophy and medal in the registration like a Rec.league. This was the first time I've learned about this. Even with this merger. Nothing has changed they said.
                      What age is your daughters team

Comment

N-E-V-E-R!
                        I have seen your kind of logic in regards to playing the best used here so many times. So I am going to go with the logic and you let me know if it holds up.

The theory is that if you aren't playing against the best teams /players than you aren't going to get better or if you are playing against equal or worse teams then you can't get better.

In your case, you seem to think that all of TBU West teams should be playing division A CDL. Playing in division B won't make them better. (Or won't make them as good as playing in Division A). While there is merit to challenging kids by playing them against better opponents, there really is a limit to that theory. First of all, you seem to think that CDL division A is the top league. It isn't on the senior level. But your notion is basically if you aren't playing in the top league then you may as well be playing recreational soccer. In that case, you just said that 95% of kids in competitive soccer should give it up and play rec. Because very few play in the top leagues. (Shhh... That's what makes them top leagues.)

Here is your scenario... All players that want to get better have to play in ONLY the top leagues and the top brackets of only the top tournaments. (Congratulations, you just eliminated all but 5 tournaments in the state.). Now, those five tournaments have 400 teams in every age group. (So they aren't exactly top tournaments anymore are they ?). Of course, since all teams should always play the top brackets, since according to you playing anything less is totally useless, those tournaments only have one, 400 team bracket per age age group since all teams follow your theory and only play in the top bracket. How do you suggest the tournament divide up the games in a weekend? Round robin is out since that would require over 16,000 games. Maybe 10 forty team brackets? Or 50 eight team brackets is more reasonable?

Are you starting to see how crazy the idea that all teams need to play the best whatever to get better?

Or we can explore your theory that it's unacceptable to just say that a team just isn't at the top level. Your theory is that they just need to practice more or longer and then they can compete. Right? Ok... Following that line of logic, if the Tampa Bay Rowdies just practice enough, they could be playing in the English Premier league. Right? After all, the skill level of the players shouldn't keep them from playing the best teams. That's the only way they can get better, right? Huh? You say there is a difference between youth players and proffessionals? Ok, then let's apply the logic to kids. Any YMCA soccer team, if they practice enough, should be able to go up against any DA team and they would learn so much by getting beat 34-0. Right?

By now, I imagine that you think these examples are outrageous. But everyone of them follows the logic that if you don't play against the best then you aren't learning as much as you can.

There is merit in challenging teams/players against better ones for sure. But there is a limit. If a team is outmatched, man for man, against better players, faster players, more skilled players then there is a great chance that those kids don't have a prayer of executing anything they learned in practice. Imagine yourself spending a year, 7 days a week, 8 hours a day, learning from the top defensive coach in the world. Then, at the end of the year, they sent you out in a game to cover Messi. How do you think you would do? How would you do against even the Rowdies center forward? You know the answer. Why, because you know that some people are just on a different level.

So stop expecting little kids to be able to do what you as an adult can't do. There are different levels of players. All the training in the world can never change that. So putting every kid in soccer up against the best doesn't make them better. Some kids are the best. Some kids are A division. Some B. Some recreational. Putting a kid or team that is an average USA division 3 up against the best team in the state doesn't make them better. It just means that everything they try to do that their coach told them to do doesn't work. And it means that they just hate the sport and quit playing. Is that what you want?

If you actually believed in your silly little theory then your girl wouldn't be where she is. So just stop already. If she isn't scoring 5 goals a game or propelling her TBU West team to consistant shut outs on defense then you just aren't challenging her enough by putting her in just CDL A division. Heck, I bet she's not even playing up two years, is she? (Because you surely know that the best way to make your player better is by placing her on a team two years above her age so that she is constantly pushed to become better by playing better players, right?)

What? She isn't playing up 2 years to really challenge her to be the best age can be?!!! Might as well put her in rec league and give her a trophy, right?

Your logic. Face it, as happy as you are with your daughter's placement, your own theory says that you aren't applying it to your own daughter. But you are ready to complain that your U9 player isn't going to be pushed hard enough?! Lol

Again, your logic. Why is your 8 year old just playing u9? Where is the challenge in that for him? He has to play u10 or higher to play against better players, right?

Your logic... Kids can't learn playing equal or even weaker teams or players. There is nothing to be gained by being able to put into practice what they learn at practice. They need to be dominated and shut down by superior teams and players to get any better. Your logic!

Let me know how your boy does in u11 next year. Unless of course you aren't going to challenge him and make him play against the best.

Comment

I have seen your kind of logic in regards to playing the best used here so many times. So I am going to go with the logic and you let me know if it holds up.

The theory is that if you aren't playing against the best teams /players than you aren't going to get better or if you are playing against equal or worse teams then you can't get better.

In your case, you seem to think that all of TBU West teams should be playing division A CDL. Playing in division B won't make them better. (Or won't make them as good as playing in Division A). While there is merit to challenging kids by playing them against better opponents, there really is a limit to that theory. First of all, you seem to think that CDL division A is the top league. It isn't on the senior level. But your notion is basically if you aren't playing in the top league then you may as well be playing recreational soccer. In that case, you just said that 95% of kids in competitive soccer should give it up and play rec. Because very few play in the top leagues. (Shhh... That's what makes them top leagues.)

Here is your scenario... All players that want to get better have to play in ONLY the top leagues and the top brackets of only the top tournaments. (Congratulations, you just eliminated all but 5 tournaments in the state.). Now, those five tournaments have 400 teams in every age group. (So they aren't exactly top tournaments anymore are they ?). Of course, since all teams should always play the top brackets, since according to you playing anything less is totally useless, those tournaments only have one, 400 team bracket per age age group since all teams follow your theory and only play in the top bracket. How do you suggest the tournament divide up the games in a weekend? Round robin is out since that would require over 16,000 games. Maybe 10 forty team brackets? Or 50 eight team brackets is more reasonable?

Are you starting to see how crazy the idea that all teams need to play the best whatever to get better?

Or we can explore your theory that it's unacceptable to just say that a team just isn't at the top level. Your theory is that they just need to practice more or longer and then they can compete. Right? Ok... Following that line of logic, if the Tampa Bay Rowdies just practice enough, they could be playing in the English Premier league. Right? After all, the skill level of the players shouldn't keep them from playing the best teams. That's the only way they can get better, right? Huh? You say there is a difference between youth players and proffessionals? Ok, then let's apply the logic to kids. Any YMCA soccer team, if they practice enough, should be able to go up against any DA team and they would learn so much by getting beat 34-0. Right?

By now, I imagine that you think these examples are outrageous. But everyone of them follows the logic that if you don't play against the best then you aren't learning as much as you can.

There is merit in challenging teams/players against better ones for sure. But there is a limit. If a team is outmatched, man for man, against better players, faster players, more skilled players then there is a great chance that those kids don't have a prayer of executing anything they learned in practice. Imagine yourself spending a year, 7 days a week, 8 hours a day, learning from the top defensive coach in the world. Then, at the end of the year, they sent you out in a game to cover Messi. How do you think you would do? How would you do against even the Rowdies center forward? You know the answer. Why, because you know that some people are just on a different level.

So stop expecting little kids to be able to do what you as an adult can't do. There are different levels of players. All the training in the world can never change that. So putting every kid in soccer up against the best doesn't make them better. Some kids are the best. Some kids are A division. Some B. Some recreational. Putting a kid or team that is an average USA division 3 up against the best team in the state doesn't make them better. It just means that everything they try to do that their coach told them to do doesn't work. And it means that they just hate the sport and quit playing. Is that what you want?

If you actually believed in your silly little theory then your girl wouldn't be where she is. So just stop already. If she isn't scoring 5 goals a game or propelling her TBU West team to consistant shut outs on defense then you just aren't challenging her enough by putting her in just CDL A division. Heck, I bet she's not even playing up two years, is she? (Because you surely know that the best way to make your player better is by placing her on a team two years above her age so that she is constantly pushed to become better by playing better players, right?)

What? She isn't playing up 2 years to really challenge her to be the best age can be?!!! Might as well put her in rec league and give her a trophy, right?

Your logic. Face it, as happy as you are with your daughter's placement, your own theory says that you aren't applying it to your own daughter. But you are ready to complain that your U9 player isn't going to be pushed hard enough?! Lol

Again, your logic. Why is your 8 year old just playing u9? Where is the challenge in that for him? He has to play u10 or higher to play against better players, right?

Your logic... Kids can't learn playing equal or even weaker teams or players. There is nothing to be gained by being able to put into practice what they learn at practice. They need to be dominated and shut down by superior teams and players to get any better. Your logic!

Let me know how your boy does in u11 next year. Unless of course you aren't going to challenge him and make him play against the best.
                          Actually, one of the best posts I've seen on here in a long time. When I first saw the length I thought it was going to be some wandering ramble but actually it stays on a central idea and just keeps busting a lot a myths about youth soccer (all sports really) competition. I agree wholeheartedly. Due to some club dynamics and injuries, etc. my daughter has had the opportunity to play in CDL A, CDL B, NPL, ODP games (tryouts) and Disney Tournament (against top ranked teams from other states) all in one season. Regardless of the level of competition, the most exciting, challenging, engaging, rewarding games were those where the 2 teams were very evenly matched - not necessarily where my daughter's team was "playing the best to beat the best to be the best."

Comment

Outstanding post by someone who speaks from experience!
                            Thanks for the refreshing candor!

Comment

Good Morning Fellow TBU WEST Daddy Coaches......are you as pumped as I am for some TBU WEST Kick and chase soccer this weekend???? Great news....Christmas T-shirts are now available through TBU WEST FC, these shirts will go like hot cakes, they have on the front: Fear the Boot and Scoot, and on the back they TBU WEST FC....only a limited amount available and no daddy caoches...you will not be getting a freebie, the club is not in a financial position to be giving out t-shirts to all of our daddy coaches......Please, Please, spread the word about the TBU WEST FC 2015 Rummage Sale and Bake Sale, we are in desperate need of funds,,,so every penny counts.

Comment

Good Morning Fellow TBU WEST Daddy Coaches......are you as pumped as I am for some TBU WEST Kick and chase soccer this weekend???? Great news....Christmas T-shirts are now available through TBU WEST FC, these shirts will go like hot cakes, they have on the front: Fear the Boot and Scoot, and on the back they TBU WEST FC....only a limited amount available and no daddy caoches...you will not be getting a freebie, the club is not in a financial position to be giving out t-shirts to all of our daddy coaches......Please, Please, spread the word about the TBU WEST FC 2015 Rummage Sale and Bake Sale, we are in desperate need of funds,,,so every penny counts.
                                Ironic.... this sequence of posts shows the best-and-the-worst of TS on full display!! the lengthy post about the myths of "playing the best to be the best" was outstanding and then it is followed up by this dribble.....

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X