Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I’m not the one who posted the questions, but I think I know what the poster’s referring to. The current U15 ECNL team is using last season's 99 Premier team ID - see below. The current U15 ECNL DEV team is using last season's 99 GIRLS ECNL team ID - see below. Same for the "U14 ECNL DEV" using last season's "00 GIRLS NPL" team ID...

Current WFF 00 ECNL = NEW TEAM = Team ID# 0794590
    Current WFF 00 ECNL DEV = (last season's) WFF 00 GIRLS NPL = Team ID# 0289854
    Current WFF 99 ECNL = (last season's) WFF E 99 GIRLS PREMIER = Team ID# 0364590
    Current WFF 99 ECNL DEV = (last season's) WFF 99 GIRLS ECNL = Team ID# 0163467

I’ll try and answer the poster’s question (and I’m not from WFF). To provide the opportunities to the DEV teams (U14/U15), WFF is using the better ratings from last year teams. My guess is, next year as ECNL teams get a better standing they’ll switch and use that Team ID for the DEV team. The gotsoccer system allows them to do that (nothing illegal). Is it ethical? I don’t think so. The players don’t even know this is happening; the parents most will not care as long the girls get those opportunities – for WFF’s leadership/parents the end justifies the means.

Thank you... Whew, just looking for a better understanding and couldn't get a straight answer from anyone at WFF.

Comment

The poster you responded to had great insight yet you still find somehow that they are lying. I personally don't feel WFF owe anyone an answer as to why they do it a certain way. I do feel they owe the players and parents an explanation which I know they have done. All players and parents were explained the situation when FSPL offered them an opportunity. I'm one of those parents who's kid was offered an opportunity and turned it down however, at the time FSPL was not an option so we decided not to stay. We felt our daughter was better than CDL but understood we weren't at ECNL level. If things had been different from the start maybe we would've stayed. The point is everyone knows what is going at WFF with roles and mixing of players including FYSA. It is a DEV team because all the players are not ECNL and IMHO a few ECNL players should be permanent DEV players also.
      FSPL was not an option? Kids were offered spots in mid May on the developmental team to play FSPL.

Comment

Thank you... Whew, just looking for a better understanding and couldn't get a straight answer from anyone at WFF.
        Really you couldn't get a straight answer? Did you ask those in charge or just here on TS. Joke of a response from you. If you want a straight answer I challenge you to contact someone on the WFF staff. Then you can post the response if it means that much to you.

Comment

Really you couldn't get a straight answer? Did you ask those in charge or just here on TS. Joke of a response from you. If you want a straight answer I challenge you to contact someone on the WFF staff. Then you can post the response if it means that much to you.
          And what do you think would be WFF's answer if I ask them why the U15 ECNL team could not keep their own Team ID from last year (WFF 99 GIRLS ECNL) and (that Team ID) was given to the newly created ECNL DEV team this year? They probably have a very good explanation.

Comment

So what do they do with the girls on the developmental team when their superstars come to play on their non-ecnl weekends? Drop them to a lower team- or not play if that team is off?
            Who is going to show up this weekend anyway? ECNL girls playing 4 games?

Comment

This proves how wrong you are. The u14npl team continues to use their ID because the majority of the players are the same as last season. Also, read the FYSA rules the club keeps the qualification to the FSPL league not the players. This would mean they would not create a new ID for them. The ECNL team is new as it is their first year in ECNL hence new ID.
              So you are stating that the majority of the players from last season WFF’s top U13 team (WFF 00 GIRLS NPL (FL)) did not make it to the U14 ECNL team this year? Wow, so much for development.

Comment

Don't feed the Trolls!!!!

Comment

Don't feed the Trolls!!!!
                  What's for dinner?

Comment

The ECNL Developmental team uses ECNL guest players for some games/tournaments. Only a very few this past weekend in FSPL - 2/3 on the field as opposed to 4/5. Think the Disney players on the field at any moment were nearly half developmental players and half ECNL players. WFF is building for the next few years. When more of the top talent in the area come to the ECNL, a few of the current ECNL players will be on the Developmental team and some of the girls playing up will move down to play age appropriately. Does that clarify it further for you? Absolutely no rules are being broken, just happen to have a lot of good girls and a lot of options of play for them. It has been a terrific experience for my daughter who would never have been given these opportunities at our old club.
                    Trick or treat?

Comment

Trick or treat?
                      its tricktastic! Trickeration! Tricky Ticky Tavy! its all those things. Its an enigma wrapped up in an anomaly. Its wonderful, its amazing. Its houdini and copperfield. Its rabbit in the hat or not in the hat. its all those things and we love it.

Comment

So what do they do with the girls on the developmental team when their superstars come to play on their non-ecnl weekends? Drop them to a lower team- or not play if that team is off?
                        Who is going to show up this weekend anyway? ECNL girls playing 4 games?
                        Was a different u15 team this past weekend. Really bad soccer.

Comment

Was a different u15 team this past weekend. Really bad soccer.
                          Good. So you beat them. Good for you. Just pray the ECNL team doesn't show up when it's SC time. Because your ride will be over. It's gotta suck. Lol

Comment

Fire BL
                            2+ months later, but it's done!!!

Comment

2+ months later, but it's done!!!
                              but the trickery remains until the end of the season. Just look at the girls oFSPL results, trickery...

Comment

What happened to the u15 developmental team today? Or was it the ECNL team?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X