Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    We are from a different state, but there were maybe 5-10 coaches per game at our games. Kind of a waste of time and money. Girls had fun and the weather was nice at least.
    Over 25 coaches at our game on Saturday, 7 on Sunday night, and about 5 on Monday.

Comment

Why is Celtic parent evening talking? You guys fell into WFF GDA little agreement. WFFDA offered a couple players a DA opportunity to play. Celtic obviously doesn't have enough of a player pool to have their own GDA program. Did those Celtic players shine or get on the radar of a college coaches? Don't get it twisted WFF appreciates that Celtic helped out but you know that was nothing but false advertisement.

Comment

Over 25 coaches at our game on Saturday, 7 on Sunday night, and about 5 on Monday.
        We had a local tournament in our state and it was about 40/20/20 for coaches for the 3 days. Makes it hard to justify traveling for such a small amount of coaches present. I know our girls sent out emails but probably more to local schools and also more to D1s. Most of our girls will probably go D1 and I noticed a lack of D1s schools there. Disney isn't the same since DA came around and now there are just 2 leagues they scout heavily.

Comment

There might be some diamonds in the ruff in CDL and FSPL but the quality of player is night and day comparing those to ECNL and DA....Most commits come from ECNL though..

Comment

Just heard from a friend. 19 NLI were sent out from FAU to the 03 tbu team
            Don't know about FAU but I have heard of several solid offers extended between Sanford and Disney to the 03 TBU team (and other age group teams at TBU).

Comment

1. Celtic was not in the weakest bracket. TBU Premier was in the weakest of brackets of the two clubs.

https://events.gotsport.com/events/r...r=Girls&Age=17

2. If an ECNL team needs to compare its performance to a CDL/FSPL team then you might want to take a deep look at your team. Spending thousands of dollars to play in a top leagueyet end up playing in the same Showcase as NPL, FSPL, and CDL teams doesn't seem like a good return on your investment.

3. College coaches don't care what the score was or how the team played. They aren't looking at teams. They are looking at specific players.

Congratulations to the TBU team for going 3 -0. I hope there were plenty of coaches at there game. :)
              Disney was just a bonus. ECNL team played at Sanford the week before. Only ECNL teams at Sanford - great ROI - drive 2 hours to play in front of hundreds of college coaches.

Comment

Disney was just a bonus. ECNL team played at Sanford the week before. Only ECNL teams at Sanford - great ROI - drive 2 hours to play in front of hundreds of college coaches.
                If that's what you need to tell yourself to feel better then good for you.

Congratulations to the girls for being able to "play in front of hundreds of college coaches". Just like Florida Premier, Braden River, Celtic, and the TBU Premier teams :)

Comment

If that's what you need to tell yourself to feel better then good for you.

Congratulations to the girls for being able to "play in front of hundreds of college coaches". Just like Florida Premier, Braden River, Celtic, and the TBU Premier teams :)
                  Do you really think those hundreds of college coaches hung around for a week to watch players at Disney?

Comment

Do you really think those hundreds of college coaches hung around for a week to watch players at Disney?
                    Hell yeah!! you stick around talking soccer read comments and your child did not play at Disney. What is the difference?

Comment

Well actually yeah. I do think think they did.

https://events.gotsport.com/events/c...?EventID=72848

Comment

Well actually yeah. I do think think they did.

https://events.gotsport.com/events/c...?EventID=72848
                        Not the same group of coaches that attended the ECNL Sanford Showcase. Your link includes almost all DII and DIII coaches. Sanford was primarily DI.

Comment

Not the same group of coaches that attended the ECNL Sanford Showcase. Your link includes almost all DII and DIII coaches. Sanford was primarily DI.
                          I don't get it. What's your point? Are those coaches/schools not good enough?

Comment

I don't get it. What's your point? Are those coaches/schools not good enough?
                            Let's just say that other than 3 or 4 of them, they don't exactly represent the top 150 programs in the country (and it's a very large list). Nothing wrong with that, but it's just a fact.

Comment

As much crap as tbu and the parents talk, none of their player should be going to d2 or d3 schools. Because we all know tbu has the best development program.

Comment

As much crap as tbu and the parents talk, none of their player should be going to d2 or d3 schools. Because we all know tbu has the best development program.
                                Emory is d3! Sign my daughter up!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X