Disney Results

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We will keep that in mind for next year. And please tell the players to tell their high school coaches that they don't need to start conditioning this week either. It's HS soccer for Pete's sake.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      We will keep that in mind for next year. And please tell the players to tell their high school coaches that they don't need to start conditioning this week either. It's HS soccer for Pete's sake.
      I have not heard HS was gearing up already. that is awful.

Comment

our school doesn't do this, as coach knows every player is on a competitive club team. No need for additional conditioning. Guess it's a school-by-school decision.

Comment

We played both the semi and the final game... 8:00 and 12:45... Those being game #4 and #5 of the weekend, injuries adding up, I can tell you that even just one more hour for the players to recuperate would have helped...
          I am the guy who posted the original comment about the parking fee and time differential.
          The answer is to accept LESS teams for the Qualifier. We played teams that had no chance of advancing. 6-0 scores tell you that a team ranked 80th shouldn't be accepted. Less teams is what is needed.

Comment

Some clubs don't condition at all, not a bad idea.

Comment

I am the guy who posted the original comment about the parking fee and time differential.
              The answer is to accept LESS teams for the Qualifier. We played teams that had no chance of advancing. 6-0 scores tell you that a team ranked 80th shouldn't be accepted. Less teams is what is needed.
              I agree! However, the Mouse House is all about the $$$, so the more teams, the more $$$.

Comment

must have been boys teams? the girls side was not that problematic. in our age group I think the highest ranking team was mid-40s. and those were rare. most were top 15 or better. our bracket had teams ranked #22, 10, 16, and 8. the #8 team moved on

Comment

Some clubs don't condition at all, not a bad idea.
                  seriously? this is the HS vs club guy!

Comment

Here are the results:

Revenues = $3,000,000
                    Expenses = $500,000
                    Profit = $2,500,000
                    Hey easy there. You are going to far. Expenses were actually half at $250,000 which increased the bottom line. Please calculate correctly next time.

Comment

Little bit of a different angle here, but my beef with the whole 'qualifier' event is this...Florida is the only place where there is a qualifier. Yet Disney only accepts a few Florida teams for the Showcase, with 90-95% of teams coming from out of state, where...wait for it...there are no qualifiers! These teams pretty much apply and get in. Our kids have to deal with the qualifier in 100 degree plus conditions, while the other state's teams simply write a check. Having been at the event many times in the past, I will tell you that many out of state teams would NEVER make it if they had to play in our qualifier, yet get the easy pass to Showcase. I've seen many teams go 0-3 with no goals scored and 10+ given up. Yet our good teams are sitting at home. This pisses me off to no end. We, the Florida teams, line Disney's pockets in all of their other BS events through the year...then when we look for a little love back to get into the showcase so our kids can be seen, they essentially flip us off. They would rather take those teams that will be spending their travel $$$'s at Disney parks, restaurants, EWWS entry fees, and hotels (and off-site, non-Disney hotels since they force you to use Anthony Travel, where you know Disney gets a piece of the action). Thanks for nothing, Mickey!

Comment

Little bit of a different angle here, but my beef with the whole 'qualifier' event is this...Florida is the only place where there is a qualifier. Yet Disney only accepts a few Florida teams for the Showcase, with 90-95% of teams coming from out of state, where...wait for it...there are no qualifiers! These teams pretty much apply and get in. Our kids have to deal with the qualifier in 100 degree plus conditions, while the other state's teams simply write a check. Having been at the event many times in the past, I will tell you that many out of state teams would NEVER make it if they had to play in our qualifier, yet get the easy pass to Showcase. I've seen many teams go 0-3 with no goals scored and 10+ given up. Yet our good teams are sitting at home. This pisses me off to no end. We, the Florida teams, line Disney's pockets in all of their other BS events through the year...then when we look for a little love back to get into the showcase so our kids can be seen, they essentially flip us off. They would rather take those teams that will be spending their travel $$$'s at Disney parks, restaurants, EWWS entry fees, and hotels (and off-site, non-Disney hotels since they force you to use Anthony Travel, where you know Disney gets a piece of the action). Thanks for nothing, Mickey!
                        There is always Orange Classic!

Comment

Yes, I agree and call this BS !! I think some type of rebellion is in order here....

Comment

Here are the results:

Revenues = $3,000,000
                            Expenses = $500,000
                            Profit = $2,500,000
                            Where do you get your expense $'s? I'd be surprised if it was that low, considering the required allocation of expenses these events must have. most people dont have a clue what it takes to manage an event like this, much less what the actual costs are.

Comment

Where do you get your expense $'s? I'd be surprised if it was that low, considering the required allocation of expenses these events must have. most people dont have a clue what it takes to manage an event like this, much less what the actual costs are.
                              You have roughly $2000 per game ($1000 per team) for 60 min games and you are paying the $60 in ref fees. Your other expense is the rental of Austin Tindal which is very cheap. You are also charging $33 per person to enter the facility and buying food and drinks at exorbitant prices. You also have revenues from hotels and food service in the WD property.

Sure you have wear and tear on the facility which is being capitalized over the years.

A regular tournament here in Florida makes anywhere from $30,000 to $150,000 in profit alone. Plus remember most of these teams and than some more are coming for Showcase in November and December.

Nothing against making money. But Disney has made it a science.

Comment

You have roughly $2000 per game ($1000 per team) for 60 min games and you are paying the $60 in ref fees. Your other expense is the rental of Austin Tindal which is very cheap. You are also charging $33 per person to enter the facility and buying food and drinks at exorbitant prices. You also have revenues from hotels and food service in the WD property.

Sure you have wear and tear on the facility which is being capitalized over the years.

A regular tournament here in Florida makes anywhere from $30,000 to $150,000 in profit alone. Plus remember most of these teams and than some more are coming for Showcase in November and December.

Nothing against making money. But Disney has made it a science.
                                They do supply water to the players...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X