Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U12 11v11

Will there be u12 11v11 regular season or will the teams that want to play 11v11 gonna have to play up (u13 div2)?

U13 in league. Some tournament 11v11 u12 and u13

Comment

What's the rush? Many good people fought for small sided games and it took years to get them. Be patient!

Comment

Unfortunately the boot n scoot has made small field useless for really good teams. You play against a bunch of kicking lunatics. Kick it! Kick it! Kick it!. Time for Florida to let real teams play 11v11 at U12 like most other states and have a division for 8v8 kickball champions.

Comment

So I agree that the boot n scoot is a problem for really good teams in a small space. Shame that we don't have better coaches that promote playing soccer.

Now just because other states do it means very little. There's enough bad ideas going around.

Comment

Or you could follow the German youth soccer mandates and not play 11v11 untill U15 .
            World Champions maybe onto something ?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              Or you could follow the German youth soccer mandates and not play 11v11 untill U15 .
              World Champions maybe onto something ?
              First I've heard of this? Please provide link to this mandate.

Comment

I found this:

http://www.footy4kids.co.uk/Cologne%...ed%20games.ppt

Comment

Here's a survey by country. Checkout Spain - no 11v11 until 17?

http://www.usyouthsoccer.org/assets/...ernational.pdf

Comment

Spain was so 8 years ago. This is a copycat world ...must look at Germany now

In 4 years it could be the Belgium system

Comment

Personally, I think you shouldn't rush moving to full sided games. You need more touches at this age, not less and you get that on the big field. What's the rush?

Comment

Personally, I think you shouldn't rush moving to full sided games. You need more touches at this age, not less and you get that on the big field. What's the rush?
                        I mostly agree; however, for the sake of winning, 6v6 has become "bombs away" and 8v8 "kick and chase." I have no problem bypassing 6v6 for an advanced kid at U10 age or really whenever he can handle it; the 6v6 field is super small and teams can and do score on hard kids from midfield. I think 8v8 is fine from as young as 9 until u13, especially given the enormous size of an 11v11 field to a 12 yr old.

If you want to encourage touches, try 5v5, indoor. I think that's the best.

Comment

Here is my cents on this ..

If the team is elite (well balanced with extremely well developed players) then it makes sense to move to 11v11 at U12 (maybe half way in the year) but looking at some teams out there including DI and most specifically on DII teams .. obviously the kids need more ball touches to improve their ball handling skills and their overall game. Putting them on 11v11 filed does not make any sense and slows down their development.

Comment

any U12 teams playing NPL?

Comment

Here is my cents on this ..

If the team is elite (well balanced with extremely well developed players) then it makes sense to move to 11v11 at U12 (maybe half way in the year) but looking at some teams out there including DI and most specifically on DII teams .. obviously the kids need more ball touches to improve their ball handling skills and their overall game. Putting them on 11v11 filed does not make any sense and slows down their development.
                              When my son played, this is what they did; started adding full sided scrimmages in the Spring.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X