Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WF Flames unanimously voted to re-brand our club as Liverpool FC America-West Florida

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Wow, smart move, that's the only way they were going to get a da spot
    Finally someone sees through the trees for what it is people. After 30 years we didnt need a name change? everyone knows who we are! We don't need to be re-branded as we have ECNL running smoothly... and a lock on the girls in and out of the area! But NOW we will have the boys DA ! Say what you want about CW, the Rowdies,the rules. There is only one reason we give up are colors and name ( and pay to do it happily ) and that's to have the coveted "One stop" Super club everyone wants! South Tampa fields are ready, adding one more location soon gives us "4 Points" and the total package. A small uniform kit price to pay my friends !!! TBU and CW better speed up those talks or get lost in the dust of progress !!!

Comment

Finally someone sees through the trees for what it is people. After 30 years we didnt need a name change? everyone knows who we are! We don't need to be re-branded as we have ECNL running smoothly... and a lock on the girls in and out of the area! But NOW we will have the boys DA ! Say what you want about CW, the Rowdies,the rules. There is only one reason we give up are colors and name ( and pay to do it happily ) and that's to have the coveted "One stop" Super club everyone wants! South Tampa fields are ready, adding one more location soon gives us "4 Points" and the total package. A small uniform kit price to pay my friends !!! TBU and CW better speed up those talks or get lost in the dust of progress !!!
      Keep smoking those funny little cigarettes, my friend. This move gets you nothing but a name change and red kits. Oh, maybe some training from Stevie G himself on how to 'slip' in a key moment to lose a title. My bet is in 1-3 years you'll be back in blue with yet another name change, like GBAELSCFKBMON...Greater Brandon and East Lake Soccer Club Formerly Known By Many Other Names. This is one reason why NO ONE outside your club gives you guys any respect!

Comment

Keep smoking those funny little cigarettes, my friend. This move gets you nothing but a name change and red kits. Oh, maybe some training from Stevie G himself on how to 'slip' in a key moment to lose a title. My bet is in 1-3 years you'll be back in blue with yet another name change, like GBAELSCFKBMON...Greater Brandon and East Lake Soccer Club Formerly Known By Many Other Names. This is one reason why NO ONE outside your club gives you guys any respect!
        Don't worry about us my friend, just keep telling yourselves that both those red and yellows match each other over there ! Survival of the fittest doesn't mean you have to bend over and be Ronald McDonalds Bitch...or does it ?

Comment

Wow, smart move, that's the only way they were going to get a da spot
          Like the Real Salt Lake days gone by for TBU South and the current Houston Dynamo days for what was once the Florida Revolution, a new and recognizable name with new and recognizable uniforms may attract some younger players, but there is little chance this WFF/Liverpool affiliation will result in any new USSF Development Academy.

Because Steve Heighway, the great Liverpool FC winger and former Director of its Youth Academy (who brought along other great players like Robbie Fowler, Steven Gerrard and Michael Owen) has been associated with the Chargers SC DA program for some time now, I don't believe this WFF/Liverpool affiliation will sway USSF. As long as there are full DA programs at both the Chargers SC and at IMG it is hard to imagine there will ever be any other full DA programs in the Tampa Bay area.

With that having been said, I still believe there should be an agreement among the largest Tampa Bay area clubs and the Rowdies to operate the DA and ECNL programs.

Comment

Like the Real Salt Lake days gone by for TBU South and the current Houston Dynamo days for what was once the Florida Revolution, a new and recognizable name with new and recognizable uniforms may attract some younger players, but there is little chance this WFF/Liverpool affiliation will result in any new USSF Development Academy.

Because Steve Heighway, the great Liverpool FC winger and former Director of its Youth Academy (who brought along other great players like Robbie Fowler, Steven Gerrard and Michael Owen) has been associated with the Chargers SC DA program for some time now, I don't believe this WFF/Liverpool affiliation will sway USSF. As long as there are full DA programs at both the Chargers SC and at IMG it is hard to imagine there will ever be any other full DA programs in the Tampa Bay area.

With that having been said, I still believe there should be an agreement among the largest Tampa Bay area clubs and the Rowdies to operate the DA and ECNL programs.
            I would agree but the Rowdies can't even get a decent stadium in the Tampa Bay area! Why St Pete/Clearwater and Tampa can't get their crap together as one great location is beyond me! Hence, the Rays and their stadium issues!

Comment

"associated" and "paid" always means a different ending my friend...Its a done deal!

Comment

The IMG program is a non factor. IMG business model has very little impact on local community. It's not like people around the surrounding area are sending their kids to IMG. IMG kids come from around the world.

So, really there is only 1 DA program in the area and it's time for a second. Not saying I like it but it looks like it's going to happen.

Comment

Believe it when I see it...

Comment

"WF Flames unanimously voted to re-brand our club as Liverpool FC America-West Florida"

Great...everyone not from this area will think this 'new' club is in Pensacola!

Comment

The IMG program is a non factor. IMG business model has very little impact on local community. It's not like people around the surrounding area are sending their kids to IMG. IMG kids come from around the world.

So, really there is only 1 DA program in the area and it's time for a second. Not saying I like it but it looks like it's going to happen.
                      Not enough quality players to form more than 1 DA team. Chargers older DA teams get the majority of the better older players. Maybe not every single one, but certainly there are not enough lingering out there to form a strong second team. They took all the good players from what was the WFF rising U17 team, resulting in a complete implosion of that team at WFF. Did the same with last years U17 which dropped off the radar. Will happen again and again. Simply not enough talent to make two full teams.

Comment

"associated" and "paid" always means a different ending my friend...Its a done deal!
                        Huh? If are trying to say that, because it will be "paid" Liverpool FC has "associated" with WFF and that association is a "done deal", that makes sense and I follow you. If you are instead trying to say that a full USSF DA program for Liverpool/WFF is a "done deal" because Steve Highway is still "associated" with but is no longer "paid" by the Chargers SC, that makes no sense and I don't follow you. In either event, there is very little chance of Liverpool/WFF obtaining a full USSF DA program as long as there are full USSF DA programs at both the Chargers SC and IMG and there is no chance that the Chargers SC will lose its full USSF DA program while it is partnered with the Rowdies.

Comment

Throughout the 8 month process of negotiation, we found that both Liverpool FC America and WFF share key fundamental philosophies and values, including but not limited to the core principles of Character, Quality and Tradition, that have made Liverpool FC one of the strongest sports brands in the world today. With over 100 years of history the Liverpool FC's foundation for success is there for all to see.

how will you quantify your core values.

Comment

Throughout the 8 month process of negotiation, we found that both Liverpool FC America and WFF share key fundamental philosophies and values, including but not limited to the core principles of Character, Quality and Tradition, that have made Liverpool FC one of the strongest sports brands in the world today. With over 100 years of history the Liverpool FC's foundation for success is there for all to see.

how will you quantify your core values.
                            Sounds like the Everton thing that happened a few years ago in the area. New Kit and additional fee per player.

You can put lipstick on a pig but it is still a pig

Comment

So, during this 8 months, you still went ahead with a new Flames logo and uniforms. I thought I saw $ signs in BL's eye last week.

Comment

I call BS. So Liverpool values these qualities so much, that they aligned with a club that has changed their identity, what, 3 or 4 times the last 3-4 years? Baysl, VSI, WFF, WFF, Brandon Flames, East Lake Arsenal, Palm Harbor Nighthawks, West Florida Premier. Wow. Talk about an identity crisis. On the field? Nothing special. Average soccer and crazy parents. Congrats Liverpool! Look at the fine mess you have gotten yourself into!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X