Largo United is TBU WEST

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lipstick on a pig. Largo is still garbage.

Comment

LARGO doesn't exist anymore. Say what you want about what the club was, but it is now TBU WEST. Pinellas kids now have access to a big club without the long drive. And that is what this merger is all about. Families that live in the Pinellas area have been wanting a club like TBU to come to thew area for a long time now. And it's just not about the USA or CDL leagues, but the other leagues and the DA program as well. These are things that Celtic,PCU,Dunedin,Seminole, and even Strictly can't provide. But now it's here.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        LARGO doesn't exist anymore. Say what you want about what the club was, but it is now TBU WEST. Pinellas kids now have access to a big club without the long drive. And that is what this merger is all about. Families that live in the Pinellas area have been wanting a club like TBU to come to thew area for a long time now. And it's just not about the USA or CDL leagues, but the other leagues and the DA program as well. These are things that Celtic,PCU,Dunedin,Seminole, and even Strictly can't provide. But now it's here.
        Where will the Elite teams practice? Tampa or Largo?

Comment

Tampa

Comment

The Sousa's pulled off a really nice deal here. They get a chance to stop the bleeding on the competitive side. Note that the recreational side is NOT MERGING. That means they get to keep the cash cow for themselves.

Comment

The Sousa's pulled off a really nice deal here. They get a chance to stop the bleeding on the competitive side. Note that the recreational side is NOT MERGING. That means they get to keep the cash cow for themselves.
              Largo has one of the largest rec clubs in the county. Sounds like the Sousa's made a sweet deal for Largo United.

Comment

Largo has one of the largest rec clubs in the county. Sounds like the Sousa's made a sweet deal for Largo United.
                Yes and I remember when Countryside merged with Chargers and they we're going to keep control of there rec side didn't last long . 2 years won't be a Sousa in sight .

Comment

don't worry...Next year it will be....Chargers Tampa North, Chargers Tampa South and Chargers Tampa West.

Comment

You are talking crap. The rec side only had 150 kids tops in it last year. Rec soccer only makes money when you have huge rec numbers like Celtic. Largo didn't have a rec team past u12's.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1235532]Tampa{/QUOTE]

This isn't true. The top teams train out of all of the sites. It depends on where the players live. I am a current TBU parent and my daughter trains half of the time at radice and the other half at Monroe middle. I have been through this already. Go to the meeting they mention and listen to the facts and make your own decision after that. There are going to be a lot of local clubs saying whatever they want to try and discourage their existing players from leaving.

Comment

Everyone forgets that field space is a huge issue in West Florida not only did TBU pick up largo and Osceola fields but more important they took them away from the Chargers .

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1235620]
                          Tampa{/QUOTE]

This isn't true. The top teams train out of all of the sites. It depends on where the players live. I am a current TBU parent and my daughter trains half of the time at radice and the other half at Monroe middle. I have been through this already. Go to the meeting they mention and listen to the facts and make your own decision after that. There are going to be a lot of local clubs saying whatever they want to try and discourage their existing players from leaving.
                          Exactly, they do not train in pinellas county. If your player is on the elite teams, they will have to drive to tampa from largo to practice. That is a rough ride 2-3 times a week. You could have done that in the first place and went to play for TBU if you wanted the drive.

Comment

Good merger for Largo , it maybe a little to late . If Ben Sousa or Al Sousa are coaching the seniors boys , look for a lot of the boys leaving and going to Celtic or PCU . They are tired of the bad coaching and lack of training hours.

Comment

Good merger for Largo , it maybe a little to late . If Ben Sousa or Al Sousa are coaching the seniors boys , look for a lot of the boys leaving and going to Celtic or PCU . They are tired of the bad coaching and lack of training hours.
                              PCu or Celtic? Celtic has a usa u17 d2 team doubt they are going there and the PCu players are coming over to largo/TBU west. My opinion is this will attract more players to that team. They play state cup and I know are average but with a few more players from the TBU player pool will be pretty good. I heard Al wasn't coaching the senior team anymore because they are u18 and all graduating.

I expect a lot of new coaches will be inquiring with Eric to coach at TBU west.

Comment

Wow... Alot of overreacting. As long as the Sousa family is involved and coaching this is nothing. And AS wanted 5 year contracts for his kids. So if you are at Largo you will still have the same coaches. So what did you get? It' s when the family is completely out is when this becomes something

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X