Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FH Chargers

There are always growing pains but it looks like the FH Chargers merge is coming together nicely. The merger has made the CDL stronger.
    Closed
    50.00%
    Closed
    50.00%

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    There are always growing pains but it looks like the FH Chargers merge is coming together nicely. The merger has made the CDL stronger.
    would that be fish hawk chargers? affiliated with Tpa, LWR and Clw Chargers?

Comment

As a parent with a FH player, I am not sure how you can make that statement with a straight face. The merger is really much ado about nothing for most of the teams. From everything you hear, it has not even been finalized as of yet. From a girls side perspective, the Chargers are a dumpster fire, so I am not sure how this benefits the FH girls or program in the long run. The folks in Clearwater call the shots, deciding which team gets to play which league, not making any decisions on actual performance of the teams, but rather on a random, haphazard basis.
      I am hopeful that this "merger" really is being reconsidered, b/c at the end of the day, not sure it makes sense for FH in the long run.
      Candidly, if you were to take politics aside, it would make sense to align with BAYSL/VSI. More natural synergy due to promixity of the two clubs, fields you could actually share, etc.
      But of course, that makes too much sense, so naturally it won't happen.

Comment

As a parent with a FH player, I am not sure how you can make that statement with a straight face. The merger is really much ado about nothing for most of the teams. From everything you hear, it has not even been finalized as of yet. From a girls side perspective, the Chargers are a dumpster fire, so I am not sure how this benefits the FH girls or program in the long run. The folks in Clearwater call the shots, deciding which team gets to play which league, not making any decisions on actual performance of the teams, but rather on a random, haphazard basis.
        I am hopeful that this "merger" really is being reconsidered, b/c at the end of the day, not sure it makes sense for FH in the long run.
        Candidly, if you were to take politics aside, it would make sense to align with BAYSL/VSI. More natural synergy due to promixity of the two clubs, fields you could actually share, etc.
        But of course, that makes too much sense, so naturally it won't happen.
        What should have happened long ago was FH, BAYSL, Valrico Merger. The problem is that the DOCs want to be paid and it is not in their best interest to merge. The kids that play at FH and Valrico mainly come from the east side of the greater Tampa area. It does make sense. VSI has access to all level leagues. I am certain there are kids especially in the younger age groups that could play at the different levels. Instead, what you need is to get lucky and HOPE that your team gets picked to be the NPL or CDL team. When it does not get graced with that designation then you are stuck with the same team in USA or you have to truck your kid to clearwater. It is actually sad that the people running the clubs getting paid good money never do what is in the best interest of the kids. What is going to happen is 3 things
        1) The good players will leave or "play up"
        2) The average players will be stuck and never improve
        3) The bad players will fall out

It will be the same old story. Decent teams at younger age groups and Tarsa Plus teams at the older age groups. Soccer in Florida is driven too much by greedy DOCs.

Comment

What should have happened long ago was FH, BAYSL, Valrico Merger. The problem is that the DOCs want to be paid and it is not in their best interest to merge. The kids that play at FH and Valrico mainly come from the east side of the greater Tampa area. It does make sense. VSI has access to all level leagues. I am certain there are kids especially in the younger age groups that could play at the different levels. Instead, what you need is to get lucky and HOPE that your team gets picked to be the NPL or CDL team. When it does not get graced with that designation then you are stuck with the same team in USA or you have to truck your kid to clearwater. It is actually sad that the people running the clubs getting paid good money never do what is in the best interest of the kids. What is going to happen is 3 things
          1) The good players will leave or "play up"
          2) The average players will be stuck and never improve
          3) The bad players will fall out

It will be the same old story. Decent teams at younger age groups and Tarsa Plus teams at the older age groups. Soccer in Florida is driven too much by greedy DOCs.
          What's sad is there is typically a few kids in each age group at FH and Valrico that could actually help a team at Brandon (discount ECNL; different animal). Drive 15 additional minutes for a competitive player to play at Brandon....you're going to wake up at 14 and it's over. If you're a boy, you train at Brandon until you're 14 and try for academy in Clearwater or TBU. With ECNL, you've got the highest level in the backyard. The Chargers affiliation will make any official merger with Brandon impossible which is exactly what the administrators at FH wanted.

Comment

What's sad is there is typically a few kids in each age group at FH and Valrico that could actually help a team at Brandon (discount ECNL; different animal). Drive 15 additional minutes for a competitive player to play at Brandon....you're going to wake up at 14 and it's over. If you're a boy, you train at Brandon until you're 14 and try for academy in Clearwater or TBU. With ECNL, you've got the highest level in the backyard. The Chargers affiliation will make any official merger with Brandon impossible which is exactly what the administrators at FH wanted.
            My point was that the merger with the chargers will not change the situation from where it was. They will continue to have reasonably good teams while young but the really good girls will move to Brandon, TBU or make the drive to clearwater for NPL. The boys will go to the DA, or to TBU or Brandon. It will be the same as before and all their teams will be gutted by time the U13 year is over. It is just how it is

Comment

My point was that the merger with the chargers will not change the situation from where it was. They will continue to have reasonably good teams while young but the really good girls will move to Brandon, TBU or make the drive to clearwater for NPL. The boys will go to the DA, or to TBU or Brandon. It will be the same as before and all their teams will be gutted by time the U13 year is over. It is just how it is
              As much as Brandon is always blowing their own horns. This the correct procedure...Players try to develop at clubs like FH, Valrico, only to figure out that they need to move to a more competitive club. By the time the U13 season is over they run not walk to Baysl. Sad but true, DOC's just want to fill their pockets and could care a less about the kids. Every year there are new parents and kids being told the same BS from the DOC's about how great their club is and the parents are throwing money at them. And it starts all over again.

Comment

As much as Brandon is always blowing their own horns. This the correct procedure...Players try to develop at clubs like FH, Valrico, only to figure out that they need to move to a more competitive club. By the time the U13 season is over they run not walk to Baysl. Sad but true, DOC's just want to fill their pockets and could care a less about the kids. Every year there are new parents and kids being told the same BS from the DOC's about how great their club is and the parents are throwing money at them. And it starts all over again.
                Agree. And the sad part is that unless the player coming from the smaller club is a lot better then they can be passed over by the bigger club. If you have a WFF or TBU player and the FH player comes over. If those two kids are equal then the FH player gets left off because a tryout over 2-3 days may not be enough to be able to separate out two somewhat equal players. If I had a daughter who was really good I would be at Brandon by age 10 if she wants to play competitive soccer. If I had a son, I would be at Clearwater by age 10 or if the drive is too much I would go to TBU or Brandon. It sucks that FH sold out to Clearwater but I understand why they did it. The DOCs want to protect their wallet and they always want to repackage their club so they keep their paying customers. It wont change. FH will not move in and take the reins of soccer in this area. Not in our lifetime at least and certainly not in the years that it takes your little mia at U7 to reach college.

Comment

True, however.....at Brandon they will tell elite boys at 14 there is no need to go academy, you can develop here. That's BS and not the best path for the players that can make a DA squad. At FH they say something similar but the difference is those boys are losing development during the 'formative' years to Brandon and every other competitive club....the better players should have left by 10/11. Not only will the FH 13 year old boy not be prepared for academy, only a few could make a starting team at Brandon.....if any. Give me one instance where this isn't true.

If anyone thinks that an affiliation with the 'Chargers' gives a FH kid a leg up into academy....sadly mistaken. Talent not connections gets you into the DA.

Comment

True, however.....at Brandon they will tell elite boys at 14 there is no need to go academy, you can develop here. That's BS and not the best path for the players that can make a DA squad. At FH they say something similar but the difference is those boys are losing development during the 'formative' years to Brandon and every other competitive club....the better players should have left by 10/11. Not only will the FH 13 year old boy not be prepared for academy, only a few could make a starting team at Brandon.....if any. Give me one instance where this isn't true.

If anyone thinks that an affiliation with the 'Chargers' gives a FH kid a leg up into academy....sadly mistaken. Talent not connections gets you into the DA.
                    Really go ask someone who knows what went down at clw 99 da this year. There current players didn't have to go to tryouts to be compared to what's coming in they just took a few to add to what tey had and now they are getting destroyed because they didn't take the best talented players.

Comment

Really go ask someone who knows what went down at clw 99 da this year. There current players didn't have to go to tryouts to be compared to what's coming in they just took a few to add to what tey had and now they are getting destroyed because they didn't take the best talented players.
                      I think the chargers are trying to close the loop they created when they opened up the PSC at LWR. problem started immediately; they had numbers their first year, but all area clubs now struggle and the PSC cannot keep girls on its teams due to ECNL in Brandon.

Comment

Agree. And the sad part is that unless the player coming from the smaller club is a lot better then they can be passed over by the bigger club. If you have a WFF or TBU player and the FH player comes over. If those two kids are equal then the FH player gets left off because a tryout over 2-3 days may not be enough to be able to separate out two somewhat equal players. If I had a daughter who was really good I would be at Brandon by age 10 if she wants to play competitive soccer. If I had a son, I would be at Clearwater by age 10 or if the drive is too much I would go to TBU or Brandon. It sucks that FH sold out to Clearwater but I understand why they did it. The DOCs want to protect their wallet and they always want to repackage their club so they keep their paying customers. It wont change. FH will not move in and take the reins of soccer in this area. Not in our lifetime at least and certainly not in the years that it takes your little mia at U7 to reach college.
                        Yes agreed, FH needs to get rid of their DOC and all the "affiliates", the sooner the better. The DOC keep padding the wallet and really don't care because there are new pigeons coming in every year. The parents that get it figured out are gone and so tired of all the promises don't want to hear anymore. The merger should have been made between FH and Brandon years ago. It made sense, development league, no field space, superior training. Made sense to all, except DOC, I wonder why?? $$$$$$ Now there is so much animosity between, FH, Valrico, Brandon etc it will never happen. If your little Johnny wants to play for Brandon, he better start at Brandon.

Comment

Yes agreed, FH needs to get rid of their DOC and all the "affiliates", the sooner the better. The DOC keep padding the wallet and really don't care because there are new pigeons coming in every year. The parents that get it figured out are gone and so tired of all the promises don't want to hear anymore. The merger should have been made between FH and Brandon years ago. It made sense, development league, no field space, superior training. Made sense to all, except DOC, I wonder why?? $$$$$$ Now there is so much animosity between, FH, Valrico, Brandon etc it will never happen. If your little Johnny wants to play for Brandon, he better start at Brandon.
                          Evaluations are subjective but agree the legacy player has the advantage when it's close. I've witnessed a few FH parents be disappointed in not gaining a position on a Brandon A team and truthfully a few of them could have gone either way but the Brandon kid kept his spot. If it's a coin toss this makes sense since the family at Brandon has likely invested in the club for years. The FH or Valrico kid usually shows up at Brandon, CLW, or TBU too late; they're already a year or two behind. There is no answer.....Brandon will continue to miss out on young talent in the area that could really develop and keep the club competitive and the other neighborhood clubs will continue convincing their consumers they're better staying put. It's a shame.

Comment

Evaluations are subjective but agree the legacy player has the advantage when it's close. I've witnessed a few FH parents be disappointed in not gaining a position on a Brandon A team and truthfully a few of them could have gone either way but the Brandon kid kept his spot. If it's a coin toss this makes sense since the family at Brandon has likely invested in the club for years. The FH or Valrico kid usually shows up at Brandon, CLW, or TBU too late; they're already a year or two behind. There is no answer.....Brandon will continue to miss out on young talent in the area that could really develop and keep the club competitive and the other neighborhood clubs will continue convincing their consumers they're better staying put. It's a shame.
                            It really is shame. If a Valrico, FH, kid wants to play at bigger club by age 13 they had better be playing way over the subjective line. With the training that is available at clubs like FH, the kids that make the Brandon club from small clubs, would only be the superior athletes that could play anywhere.

Comment

A lot of this is being an uneducated consumer. I was originally at Valrico and left because they would not help us to get a girls team together. My daughter was 8 when that happened and I was so lucky that it did because my daughter has really done well because of a fortuitous thing. I was not very educated and parents do not realize that by age U12 the fate of the kid is already determined. To come from another club and make an elite team at DA or ECNL you have to be better, you cant be "as good". People just do not understand this nor did I when we were at Valrico.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X