Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

soccer is a contact sport

Stop whining about tough aggressive soccer. If you haven't noticed, soccer is a contact sport. Watch professional, college, etc the women teams are tough. If you expect to win prancing around the field in a bubble you will lose. Yes passing, foot skills and shooting are extremely important, but so is aggressive play. The older your daughter gets the harder they hit. Learn now how to play and defend against it. If you dont you will surely fail.

That said, it is laughable that you are commenting on the wff a vs wff c teams game. The C team brought the A team to overtime 1-1 almost forcing penalty kicks. With the time and BIG money you spend, I guess I too would be embarrassed and frustrated. The C team is happy for doing well against big sister. If anything you should be happy that wff 15g has 2 decent teams. I would say 3, but since the ecnl development team is never allowed to play as a team we will never know...

Comment

ECNL LWR. OMG "I want a refund! "

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      In addition to Disney There were two mixed teams with ECNL 00 at the LW ranch SOME playing with the U15 Dev girls and some with the 14 Dev girls in both brackets. Why doesn't each team enter their correct bracket in the correct age group instead of crowding the benches of the B and C teams? Those Develomental, NPL and CDL players need to play too especially since they pay to play. Next tournament just let the ECNL teams register and play there own games and see what happens! Congrats to winners but no blow outs in any WFF games for 14s or 15s.
      Guess it is obvious the least developed wff ecnl players went to Lakewood Ranch. They got steam rolled with 3 loses / 4 goals for and 10 against. Yikes big money does NOT equal big results...

http://events.gotsport.com/events/re...r=Girls&Age=15

Comment

Guess it is obvious the least developed wff ecnl players went to Lakewood Ranch. They got steam rolled with 3 loses / 4 goals for and 10 against. Yikes big money does NOT equal big results...

http://events.gotsport.com/events/re...r=Girls&Age=15
        That U15 team your talking about only had a few encl on it. So get over it.

Comment

That U15 team your talking about only had a few encl on it. So get over it.
          As one WFF parent repeatedly screamed on the sidelines "that's how the u14s do it". The WFF team playing in the u15g bracket was mostly u14 ECNL players and 5-6 u15 developmental team players.

Comment

All ECNL players were there except 3. There were 6 Developmental players there. They all played significant minutes in every game. We had ECNL players sitting out of every game because we brought 20 players. Personally, we really dont care. I am tired of the BS. Last year it was "you are too afraid to play Florida teams" and "you hide in the ECNL" This year we bring a mixed team and win the Tourney and now its something else "you are hiding behind developmental players in case you lose". If you hate us we are fine with that, just come out and say it. Dont hide behind BS. The bottom line is that our coaches decide who goes to tournaments and who plays when we get there. For FSPL, we have 10 ECNL players and 7 Dev players. For this tournament, we had 14 ECNL players and 6 developmental players. Those are the facts, and we really dont care if you do not like it. To our NPL team, I wish you success and I think it is significant for our club that we had 2 teams make the semi-finals.
            When you say "we" who are YOU referring too? Is there a group of WFF parents sitting around responding to taking soccer posts? It's very simple, if you are going to play the ECNL players than register as the a ECNL team. Seems easy enough, no?

Comment

As one WFF parent repeatedly screamed on the sidelines "that's how the u14s do it". The WFF team playing in the u15g bracket was mostly u14 ECNL players and 5-6 u15 developmental team players.
              The story changes with every post. Now they mainly u14 girls. Next thing they will be u12s playing in the u15 group. Get your story straight before posting please!! LOL

Comment

When you say "we" who are YOU referring too? Is there a group of WFF parents sitting around responding to taking soccer posts? It's very simple, if you are going to play the ECNL players than register as the a ECNL team. Seems easy enough, no?
                "we" must be the big Dr. and always has something to say

Comment

I couldn't agree with this post more but neither of the ECNL clubs seem to get it.

We know and they know that sending the team loaded with ECNL players to qualify for the dev team may get them into the showcase and that is manipulating the results if the dev team couldn't have done it on their own. So just register as ECNL OR let the dev team play and see how they do on their own. If they lose, they got to play better competition. If they win, they play in the showcase on their own merit.

Just quit trying to manipulate outcomes.

Comment

Tampa Labor Day

Here are some facts. The U14 ECNL team was split up among 3 teams to give any and all players that were interested in playing this past weekend an opportunity. They were split in the brackets as follows: 2 played U13 (they played age appropriate), 3 played U14, and 9 played U15. Yes, WFF could’ve sent two U14 teams to this tournament but what good would’ve that done? Not much because likely one of them would’ve won anyway. Instead, the majority of them played up. Why? To play against older, bigger, faster, and stronger players to prepared for the upcoming season. Regardless of the results from the U15 team, it was a win-win. I believe the coaches saw what they wanted to see and the players played solid games. The scores won’t tell you this, but the U14 and U15 girls on this team for the most part rotated halves. Ask any of the opposing parents and they will tell you that the half that the U14 played they controlled most of the game. Actually, if we were to only consider the halves the U14 played as full regulation time, the girls would’ve won 2 and ties 1. But I’m not here to talk about the what-ifs.

So regardless of what people may think and what the scores show, the U14 ECNL girls did very well against their U15 opponents when put to the test.

Best of luck to all this season.

Comment

I couldn't agree with this post more but neither of the ECNL clubs seem to get it.

We know and they know that sending the team loaded with ECNL players to qualify for the dev team may get them into the showcase and that is manipulating the results if the dev team couldn't have done it on their own. So just register as ECNL OR let the dev team play and see how they do on their own. If they lose, they got to play better competition. If they win, they play in the showcase on their own merit.

Just quit trying to manipulate outcomes.
                      I tried to not post but this is ridiculous. Nobody on this thread understands any of the structure that the club has. The Dev team has it's core players however there will be 3-4 ECNL players that might not be getting enough field time during the season that will come and play. There will also be some Dev team players at that point that might not get as much playing time and so in that scenario, those players will get their additional minutes in CDL games. The club brought more ECNL players for Disney to finally get ECNL players some playing time together prior to the season starting in Sept. Yes the 6 Dev Players got playing time but there were good minutes overall for the ECNL team. I really don't need to come here to explain this because no matter what is said, people will fabricate stories. I will encourage ECNL parents to not "take the bait" and let it go. Like it was stated before, this has been ongoing for 3 seasons. Pure bitterness from the other team. Let it go, it can be a one sided conversation amongst themselves on TS.

Comment

I tried to not post but this is ridiculous. Nobody on this thread understands any of the structure that the club has. The Dev team has it's core players however there will be 3-4 ECNL players that might not be getting enough field time during the season that will come and play. There will also be some Dev team players at that point that might not get as much playing time and so in that scenario, those players will get their additional minutes in CDL games. The club brought more ECNL players for Disney to finally get ECNL players some playing time together prior to the season starting in Sept. Yes the 6 Dev Players got playing time but there were good minutes overall for the ECNL team. I really don't need to come here to explain this because no matter what is said, people will fabricate stories. I will encourage ECNL parents to not "take the bait" and let it go. Like it was stated before, this has been ongoing for 3 seasons. Pure bitterness from the other team. Let it go, it can be a one sided conversation amongst themselves on TS.
                        It's not bitterness. There are rosters with roster limits and something just doesn't seem right about having three or four teams in an age group (that part is fine) but then spreading those 60 or 80 girls among the four teams how ever you see fit in any given weekend. Particularly when you replace more than half a team with players from a different team.

Then to top it off, your parents come on here and start talking about how successful each team is, but when they lose, it is because "that wasn't the real XYZ team."

I don't care how you approach training the girls and getting them time. That's between you and them, but when, for instance, your U14 ECNL qualifies for FSPL and you use that name of that team to put your DEV team into the league and they get crushed every game, I don't think that should be allowed. And when you use ECNL players to try to qualify for the showcase -- perhaps taking a more deserving team's spot -- and then play the dev team, I don't think that's right.

Comment

It's not bitterness. There are rosters with roster limits and something just doesn't seem right about having three or four teams in an age group (that part is fine) but then spreading those 60 or 80 girls among the four teams how ever you see fit in any given weekend. Particularly when you replace more than half a team with players from a different team.

Then to top it off, your parents come on here and start talking about how successful each team is, but when they lose, it is because "that wasn't the real XYZ team."

I don't care how you approach training the girls and getting them time. That's between you and them, but when, for instance, your U14 ECNL qualifies for FSPL and you use that name of that team to put your DEV team into the league and they get crushed every game, I don't think that should be allowed. And when you use ECNL players to try to qualify for the showcase -- perhaps taking a more deserving team's spot -- and then play the dev team, I don't think that's right.
                          Is it possible the ECNL coaches dont get the concept of team dynamics and cohesiveness? It often happens that teams that practice and play together win over 'all star' teams. That chemistry needs to be built over time and experience. Without that, great players/teams will struggle to win and sometimes lose to teams that have good relationship. Bottom line, my kid enjoys playing with his teammates, not some kidsbhe trains with in a large group.

Comment

And then Clay loose to FKK second team playing down one player the entire game
                            Refs were horrible. We weren't given any calls, knock our player down and gave the ball back to them to score.

Comment

Is it possible the ECNL coaches dont get the concept of team dynamics and cohesiveness? It often happens that teams that practice and play together win over 'all star' teams. That chemistry needs to be built over time and experience. Without that, great players/teams will struggle to win and sometimes lose to teams that have good relationship. Bottom line, my kid enjoys playing with his teammates, not some kidsbhe trains with in a large group.
                              Yes. Again, long term! This was just a tournament that was used to get the ECNL team some field time with the new additions. Nothing more, nothing less. If we would've lost, then at least we had some games that we didn't have before. Truth is, when all 11 Players on the field were from the 1st team, it was very productive. Kids worked on what they needed to and the opponents really didn't do much. Could the scores been higher? Yes! Every game the team went in playing players in different positions to see what works best. The whole time we were working through it, the opposition was there to win. 9 out of 10 team played clean, so it was great and then you had the teams with grudges that felt injury was better than winning. It is what it is. It's over, we move on. Excited about the ECNL season and sad that we lost a player to an ACL/MCL injury. Praying for her quick recovery.

Comment

A great example of what you are talking about is the U15g Dynamo. That team has been together for years, has had excellent coaching, and has developed great chemistry with one another. No additions to roster, just who they are. And they won the tournament yesterday in their age/division

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X