Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You list every year in it, and what level you go to...it's only a 5-year program, currently 2003-2002-2001-2000-1999.
    ODP
    Great experience on training, development interacting with other players so need to learn quickly how to adjust
    Exposure and opportunities for additional exposure

Comment

When are the ODP teams announced?

Comment

You're correct that there is more exposure in ECNL, but the real value in ODP is not in being seen. College coaches want to see that experience on your resume. Every year of state tea, region pool, interregionals, nat'l training camp, etc is just another bonus point on your resume. By all means, if you want the best recruiting opportunities possible, play ECNL for the exposure, but stay in ODP for the experience.
        My daughter also had had the opportunity for ECNL and after 3 years of ODP including the early year for 2001s at the Florida camp, 2 years of Alabama and making regional pool 1 yr, federation and PDP also, chose not to do it this year to opt to attend some College ID camps heading on to her major recruiting year next year for schools she is communicating with in recruiting, but it was a good experience and worth the cost( not that expensive) if merely for the girls she got to meet and continues to stay in contact with in soccer. The good thing is most of the girls - top Florida teams, ECNL, federation, Odp and PDP are all the same ones- so it is no surprise to them- they gather, they play and and they all represent Florida- do it , it is worth it!

Comment

My daughter also had had the opportunity for ECNL and after 3 years of ODP including the early year for 2001s at the Florida camp, 2 years of Alabama and making regional pool 1 yr, federation and PDP also, chose not to do it this year to opt to attend some College ID camps heading on to her major recruiting year next year for schools she is communicating with in recruiting, but it was a good experience and worth the cost( not that expensive) if merely for the girls she got to meet and continues to stay in contact with in soccer. The good thing is most of the girls - top Florida teams, ECNL, federation, Odp and PDP are all the same ones- so it is no surprise to them- they gather, they play and and they all represent Florida- do it , it is worth it!
          There will be a lot of posts like this around May 1st and after. That is when ODP cuts the Girls State Team Pool to 36-40 players to form 2 ODP teams at 2001 age group. Many ECNL players will not make the cut and their parents will be posting on here that they did not want to go to AL again!

Comment

There will be a lot of posts like this around May 1st and after. That is when ODP cuts the Girls State Team Pool to 36-40 players to form 2 ODP teams at 2001 age group. Many ECNL players will not make the cut and their parents will be posting on here that they did not want to go to AL again!
            You know the nature of the post was Odp worth it? I tried to tell you yes, you take and it and turn it on ECNL - I will tell you having the opportunity to live in the north,west coast, south east and Florida- that's the problem and why you are so behind Nationwide- you have your head up your a%# and try to turn everything into a d$&€ measuring contest- good luck to you - you will be the biggest drawback to a college coach recruiting your daughter...

Comment

When are the letters coming out on who makes the team, our daughter is an 02? This is our first year attempting to make the pool so we are very curious about the whole experience.

Comment

When are the letters coming out on who makes the team, our daughter is an 02? This is our first year attempting to make the pool so we are very curious about the whole experience.
                In the past, they sent out waves of e-mails to build the roster starting around mid to late April. By waves I mean, they send out like 18 and demand acceptance by a certain date. Then depending on who accepts, they send out like another 18 and demand acceptance by a certain date, etc. until they get the total number they are looking for. I believe the 02s will end up with about 54 selected this year; 3 teams of 18 or so.

Comment

You know the nature of the post was Odp worth it? I tried to tell you yes, you take and it and turn it on ECNL - I will tell you having the opportunity to live in the north,west coast, south east and Florida- that's the problem and why you are so behind Nationwide- you have your head up your a%# and try to turn everything into a d$&€ measuring contest- good luck to you - you will be the biggest drawback to a college coach recruiting your daughter...
                  Signed Charlie Sheen

Comment

Anyone hear anything yet for the '01 girls group?

Comment

Anyone hear anything yet for the '01 girls group?
                      I did

Comment

Signed Charlie Sheen
                        Winning.

Comment

I did
                          They said April 30th ..

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X