Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You have to be pretty poor to get SUBSIDIZED loans!
    I forgot one important piece. Your kid can't be a dependent. Since they we're both on scholarship the write off for me was minimal vs what they can get as an independent. Including large subsidized loans.

There is no risk in a CD. It's free money. For my first kid the rates dipped down below 1% but I found a place that does 3% for the second. It takes about 1 hour of work per year.

Comment

I make my kids take out small loans so they know they are financially responsible for a part of their education. It has made them much more aware of costs and has influenced summer job choices. In our affluent town so many kids don't even think about college price tags or just about anything else either

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        You're more likely to have to travel across country for ECNL events than some other leagues where showcases may be more regional = drivable. Depending on where you live in the country you're going to shelling out travel $ no mater what. Country is too da** big!
        If you know anything about soccer and high level teams travel is always a part of it. top teams are not going regional. Disney is only tournament. Most teams are going to Jefferson Cup/PDA/Surf cup all of these tournaments require air travel. You have food hotels and other expenses. Most clubs pay regular dues and coaching fees so everything similar.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        Working...
        X