• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Neither play with any skill, just try dirty tactics
    Blue more skillful, better team speed. White dirtier

Comment

This is exactly the type of response I would expect from a parent at that program. Our experiences of the years were exactly like those mentioned so far. Very dirty play, obnoxious coaches and parents. Unfortunately for them, we beat them all but once. What is worse is the obnoxious coach then unloaded on the kids and the parents were on his side.

Filth.
      Do you know why you took the time out of your non busy day to write this nasty note. That is because you are jealous. That's right you are jealous because your kid is at some rinky dink club and we are the best. So go back to sitting on the couch and watching the price is right while eating Twinkies. I suggest that is a better use of your time than hating on our superior club.

Comment

Which of the U14 girls team is better - Blue (A) or White (B)?
        They designate Blue as their top team at all ages. White is their B team. Gray is their C team.

Comment

Do you know why you took the time out of your non busy day to write this nasty note. That is because you are jealous. That's right you are jealous because your kid is at some rinky dink club and we are the best. So go back to sitting on the couch and watching the price is right while eating Twinkies. I suggest that is a better use of your time than hating on our superior club.
          More *********gery.....typical of a Pinecrest parent. The funny thing is when we play the Pinecrest teams, we give them a taste of their own medicine. As fhey say, when in Rome....

Comment

More *********gery.....typical of a Pinecrest parent. The funny thing is when we play the Pinecrest teams, we give them a taste of their own medicine. As fhey say, when in Rome....
            Oh so your girls are a bunch of thugs just like Pinecrest, that's nice.

Comment

They have good teams but they play the dirtiest soccer I have ever seen.
              Typical central/south american style of play and dirty tactics.

But besides that and playing on cancer causing soccer field, they are ok.
              Agreed. Sunrise is the same way. Those two should play each other and they would just carry the girls off the field.

Comment

Oh so your girls are a bunch of thugs just like Pinecrest, that's nice.
                I'm not sure THUGS is the right word, but you go ahead and keep teaching your girls to back down from a fight and to continue to be soft. I tell my daughters the same thing I told my son when he was their age: Don't let them push you around and defend yourself and your teammates all the time, if that makes them thugs then so be it.

If there is anything that stops a bully in their tracks is someone that pops them right back. I find it entertaining how fast those girls (and really this applies to any other bully) retreat back to their shells and/or lose their composure when they are on the receiving end.

Sometimes a message needs to be sent, especially if the refs aren't doing their jobs.

I guess coming from a baseball background, retaliation and standing up for your teammates is a little more built into the culture or maybe its just a Latino thing but no one messes with your family. One of your teammates gets hit or something objectionable happens to them on the pitch, you can certainly expect something in return.

And the funny thing is this: some of our girls don't even get along that well off the field (12 and 13 years olds are such a temperamental bunch) but it's a whole different thing when they are on the field. No one messes with your teammates.

Comment

I'm not sure THUGS is the right word, but you go ahead and keep teaching your girls to back down from a fight and to continue to be soft. I tell my daughters the same thing I told my son when he was their age: Don't let them push you around and defend yourself and your teammates all the time, if that makes them thugs then so be it.

If there is anything that stops a bully in their tracks is someone that pops them right back. I find it entertaining how fast those girls (and really this applies to any other bully) retreat back to their shells and/or lose their composure when they are on the receiving end.

Sometimes a message needs to be sent, especially if the refs aren't doing their jobs.

I guess coming from a baseball background, retaliation and standing up for your teammates is a little more built into the culture or maybe its just a Latino thing but no one messes with your family. One of your teammates gets hit or something objectionable happens to them on the pitch, you can certainly expect something in return.

And the funny thing is this: some of our girls don't even get along that well off the field (12 and 13 years olds are such a temperamental bunch) but it's a whole different thing when they are on the field. No one messes with your teammates.
                  It sounds to me like you are not a very nice person and I bet you are a Trump supporter as well. Our kids also do not back down to bullies but we sure do not teach them to resort to same tactics as the bullies. That would make them no different than the bullies. We have the skill to beat team like this without having to resort to dirty play. I guess your team is not skilled enough to win without resorting to these bully tactics . I feel sorry for you and your children.

Comment

It's definitely a South Florida thing and it's just an ugly brand of soccer. Worst thing you can do is what you suggest - slow it down and play their dirty style too. It's fun when the less-skilled dirty team just chases the ball against a better skilled team connecting passes. Would much rather watch two skilled teams play.

Comment

i think that you are talking about two different things. Girls soccer is, in general, more rough than boys. Less graceful, more contact, less skill. some teams play more rough and tough than others. The ones that can avoid contact do, it is faster play if you can do it. Other teams may need that contact to slow play. That's just how it is, teams are built differently.

However, elbows into the body, tripping purposely, scratching, hair pulling, biting (believe it or not happens), blatant extended arm pushing (especially form the back) is not good. Sure, mistakes happen, but to happen repeatedly is not good. I have not seen that specifically from any Pinecrest team we have faced. Other teams, yes, not so much Pinecrest. I also have not seen all of the age groups.

Comment

It sounds to me like you are not a very nice person and I bet you are a Trump supporter as well. Our kids also do not back down to bullies but we sure do not teach them to resort to same tactics as the bullies. That would make them no different than the bullies. We have the skill to beat team like this without having to resort to dirty play. I guess your team is not skilled enough to win without resorting to these bully tactics . I feel sorry for you and your children.
                        I'm a very nice person and I happen to despise Trump...so wrong on both accounts. You make things sounds so ideal, so let me guess....Bernie Sanders supporter?? There is how we would like things to be and there is how things truly are, you may need help figuring out that line between fantasy and reality my friend.

My daughters would gladly play either style...finesse or physical, depending on the circumstances; but make no mistakes about it, they are proficient enough to play whichever style the situation calls for and they carry this same attitude whether on the pitch or off.

You must have very limited experience with competitive sports, so I won't blame you for your ignorance. You can be as skilled as you want, if someone wants to take you out, they will. No amount of skill will keep you from getting an elbow to the ribs, a cleat to the back of your foot, or your hair from being pulled. These are all things I have seen happen, that refs have missed even after being alerted about their occurrence and so at that point self-policing has been the best course of action.

So if there is anyone that you should feel sorry for, its you and your kids because someday sadly that day may come when taking the high road, or turning the other cheek, or backing down (which is what you essentially do when you don't respond in kind) will make your kid a victim either on or off the pitch.

Comment

i think that you are talking about two different things. Girls soccer is, in general, more rough than boys. Less graceful, more contact, less skill. some teams play more rough and tough than others. The ones that can avoid contact do, it is faster play if you can do it. Other teams may need that contact to slow play. That's just how it is, teams are built differently.

However, elbows into the body, tripping purposely, scratching, hair pulling, biting (believe it or not happens), blatant extended arm pushing (especially form the back) is not good. Sure, mistakes happen, but to happen repeatedly is not good. I have not seen that specifically from any Pinecrest team we have faced. Other teams, yes, not so much Pinecrest. I also have not seen all of the age groups.
                          To be honest, more often that not, this describes most of the girls soccer I've seen. Not the blatant stuff your mention but definitely all the physicality. No team has 11-18 finesse players that can just dribble and pass around everyone (at least, I haven't seen one)

I will tell you this, oftentimes the ones complaining the MOST about the physicality are the teams that are playing up a year for the first time. And then, if/when they go back to their own age group or start catching up in size they realize that their style of play has become more physical because it had to in order to compete with the older girls. Same thing happens for those girls that play against boys past the u7-u8 age, They become more aggressive because they've had to in order to keep up.

Comment

I'm a very nice person and I happen to despise Trump...so wrong on both accounts. You make things sounds so ideal, so let me guess....Bernie Sanders supporter?? There is how we would like things to be and there is how things truly are, you may need help figuring out that line between fantasy and reality my friend.

My daughters would gladly play either style...finesse or physical, depending on the circumstances; but make no mistakes about it, they are proficient enough to play whichever style the situation calls for and they carry this same attitude whether on the pitch or off.

You must have very limited experience with competitive sports, so I won't blame you for your ignorance. You can be as skilled as you want, if someone wants to take you out, they will. No amount of skill will keep you from getting an elbow to the ribs, a cleat to the back of your foot, or your hair from being pulled. These are all things I have seen happen, that refs have missed even after being alerted about their occurrence and so at that point self-policing has been the best course of action.

So if there is anyone that you should feel sorry for, its you and your kids because someday sadly that day may come when taking the high road, or turning the other cheek, or backing down (which is what you essentially do when you don't respond in kind) will make your kid a victim either on or off the pitch.
                            Try to justify it however you want to. The fact is my daughter's squad is currently ranked in the top five in the state. We do not need to resort to those tactics because we are that good. You daughter couldn't carry my daughters water jug. You are also wrong about another thing and that is that you are a nasty person.

Comment

Several people on here have chosen to miss the point. You, and others have argued that the issue is that your team is ready to play dirty - in response - to another team playing dirty (bullying) first. The real argument is that Pinecrest plays dirty first - that Pinecrest does the bullying first. You can dress it up all you want that you are not teaching your daughters how to survive and succeed when someone starts bullying them - but really what your teaching them is to play dirty first and start being the bully first. That is what we have seen firsthand and that is what others are complaining about!

Comment

Several people on here have chosen to miss the point. You, and others have argued that the issue is that your team is ready to play dirty - in response - to another team playing dirty (bullying) first. The real argument is that Pinecrest plays dirty first - that Pinecrest does the bullying first. You can dress it up all you want that you are not teaching your daughters how to survive and succeed when someone starts bullying them - but really what your teaching them is to play dirty first and start being the bully first. That is what we have seen firsthand and that is what others are complaining about!
                                Do you speak English?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X