Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'll believe when there's a link to a credible source. There's been nothing but gossip for weeks on this already.
    You are correct. Let the Federation announce all the structured plans. Then people can talk

Comment

I would say wait until the Federation announces it first. All talk right now. The structure has to be put into place first. Clubs will be notified and invite tryouts will start. So lets just wait and see what come into play and then start working on what club get DA for the girls. Hear say is just talk in the back room. Straight from the federation is gold.
      In all seriousness, there is supposedly an announcement from the Federation coming soon. I'm not saying that the announcement is that OCYS is going to be a representative. The announcement is, when it is made, is going to lay out the plans for the DA. As of now, I think that everything is too vague and any word about what clubs are going to end up in the DA is only pure speculation. Having said that, though, OCYS makes perfect sense. I would think that clubs that are aligned with the NWSL or clubs that already have boys DA programs that are aligned with MLS teams would make the most sense and be the front-runners to have girls DA programs.

What I can't figure out is why the USSF has decided to do this. To me it seems like an unneeded layer and just another addition to the alphabet soup. I don't see where the money is going to come from for this program. Clubs that are only aligned with NWSL sides are not going to have the capital for this. The money is going to have to come from the USSF and I'm not sure where they'll get it fro either.

Comment

But if the news bombshell just hit and they're just getting started on evaluating clubs for acceptance, why would and announcement be soon? I can only see it being an official "yes we're doing it" announcement but nothing on who is in. If it looks like they didn't take the evaluation part seriously they'll look like fools.

Comment

But if the news bombshell just hit and they're just getting started on evaluating clubs for acceptance, why would and announcement be soon? I can only see it being an official "yes we're doing it" announcement but nothing on who is in. If it looks like they didn't take the evaluation part seriously they'll look like fools.
          US Soccer wants a youth to pro model like the boys. All NWSL teams are heavily involved in the structure and all have the girls DA. Homegrown territories and draft rules are a key component to the league along with funding.

Comment

In all seriousness, there is supposedly an announcement from the Federation coming soon. I'm not saying that the announcement is that OCYS is going to be a representative. The announcement is, when it is made, is going to lay out the plans for the DA. As of now, I think that everything is too vague and any word about what clubs are going to end up in the DA is only pure speculation. Having said that, though, OCYS makes perfect sense. I would think that clubs that are aligned with the NWSL or clubs that already have boys DA programs that are aligned with MLS teams would make the most sense and be the front-runners to have girls DA programs.

What I can't figure out is why the USSF has decided to do this. To me it seems like an unneeded layer and just another addition to the alphabet soup. I don't see where the money is going to come from for this program. Clubs that are only aligned with NWSL sides are not going to have the capital for this. The money is going to have to come from the USSF and I'm not sure where they'll get it fro either.
            Let the Federation announce. Then go from there. Nobody knows what is happening until the the big guy in the Chicago says so. We will know about the money, who get the charter, how it will be run, ect. All the answers will come. It is only talk now. Good talk but talk!!!!!

Comment

Let the Federation announce. Then go from there. Nobody knows what is happening until the the big guy in the Chicago says so. We will know about the money, who get the charter, how it will be run, ect. All the answers will come. It is only talk now. Good talk but talk!!!!!
              So a MLS/NWSL club that pays millions into youth soccer is not a lock? The whole point of DA is to prepare players for pro leagues. Why would they give DA to another club. You are living in fantasyland dude. Wake the hell up!

Comment

Is the Girls Dap really going to be free (or just 500$)???

Comment

So a MLS/NWSL club that pays millions into youth soccer is not a lock? The whole point of DA is to prepare players for pro leagues. Why would they give DA to another club. You are living in fantasyland dude. Wake the hell up!
                  MILLIONS!!! I doubt it. Don't yell OC has it until it is announced. Millions is a lot of money and I would think that would pay for a players in the club. I don't hear anything about free soccer at OC.

Comment

Hey is millions into youth soccer?! Are you joking? Except for the boys A-teams, every other team at OCYS is and expensive pay-to-play team? OCYS profits from youth soccer. They are a business, not a charity.

Comment

Pays millions into youth soccer?! Are you joking? Except for the boys A-teams, every other team at OCYS is and expensive pay-to-play team? OCYS profits from youth soccer. They are a business, not a charity.

Comment

Is the Girls Dap really going to be free (or just 500$)???
                        H E L L no. Did you just come home from the bar when you posted this? There's no money for this. The women's pro teams can barely pay their electric bills. Some men's MLS clubs only participate begrudgingly because MAYBE some day one of their home grown will go pro. It costs them serious $$$ to run youth programs. At best this will be a reduced fee program. Yes it will be cheaper than ECNL but it's still pay to play. Supposedly US soccer is putting in some dough for scholarships. The cheapest I've seen any non-MLS boys DA teams is $1000-$!500 plus travel. But clubs will have to be willing to take slim or negative profit margins to run these programs. They'll need to bigger clubs with lots of other profitable youth teams to cover this nut.

Comment

I agree that they willl need strong financial backing to support this program in a club that has a history of developing players, and one that already has the facilities in place to do this. I think IMG is going to be a frontrunner for a girls DA.

Comment

... and why they are doing this now... only speculation but anytime you have an organization that has done nothing but promote itself with an "in your face attitude" like the ECNL has done, it actually has a negative affect and as we've seen here in florida, many super talented girls (and their parents) have wanted nothing to do with this, and why some of the super clubs and some smaller clubs as well, esp here in Florida, have consistantly done well without the ECNL. The ECNL brand has tarnished itself.

Comment

... and why they are doing this now... only speculation but anytime you have an organization that has done nothing but promote itself with an "in your face attitude" like the ECNL has done, it actually has a negative affect and as we've seen here in florida, many super talented girls (and their parents) have wanted nothing to do with this, and why some of the super clubs and some smaller clubs as well, esp here in Florida, have consistantly done well without the ECNL. The ECNL brand has tarnished itself.
                              Funny thing is FKK, FESA, Sunrise, TBU, Team Boca and Weston all applied last year for the tarnished ECNL. What a moron you are. Stupid jealously and club loyalty BS is the negative affect. Now watch all the TBU parents love ECNL because they merged with WFF

Comment

Funny thing is FKK, FESA, Sunrise, TBU, Team Boca and Weston all applied last year for the tarnished ECNL. What a moron you are. Stupid jealously and club loyalty BS is the negative affect. Now watch all the TBU parents love ECNL because they merged with WFF
                                The poster did not say the clubs don't want it. They correctly claimed that some families do want to get involved with that even with talented players - for good reasons.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X