Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is club affiliation required?

I am new to competitive youth soccer and am trying to figure out if it is necessary to be affiliated with a club in order to play in leagues and tournaments. I have a group of boys (U9) who have outgrown rec and want to play competitive but the clubs I have spoken with are generally not open to allowing us to bring our own complete team, set our own schedule etc. The boys would probably be second division, and just want to play together with their friends.

If you are in Orlando I know most the clubs allow teams to play under their umbrella not sure what fees they charge, probably their rec rates

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I am new to competitive youth soccer and am trying to figure out if it is necessary to be affiliated with a club in order to play in leagues and tournaments....
      Yes, your team must be affiliated with a club, that club must be affiliated with a sanctioning organization, all of your team's players must be registered with that sanctioning organization and all of your team's coaches must go through and pass an on-line background check and complete on-line concussion protocol training.

Comment

I am new to competitive youth soccer and am trying to figure out if it is necessary to be affiliated with a club in order to play in leagues and tournaments. I have a group of boys (U9) who have outgrown rec and want to play competitive but the clubs I have spoken with are generally not open to allowing us to bring our own complete team, set our own schedule etc. The boys would probably be second division, and just want to play together with their friends.
        US Club tends to play looser with the rules than US Youth but you are going to need fields, nets, goals, flags, proof of insurance for those fields, liability insurance for yourself and fellow coaches, etc which is a bit frustrating to do if you don't have an organization behind you. Not impossible but certainly more difficult.

Comment

Can some of the kids guest play with an affiliated team even though they are not affiliated with any FYSA team?

Comment

I meant registered with FYSA

Comment

Can some of the kids guest play with an affiliated team even though they are not affiliated with any FYSA team?
              If the affiliated team is playing on FYSA passes then all of its guest players must also be registered with FYSA.

Comment

What area are you in? Many clubs would allow that but would charge the fees, is that the real reason?

Comment

Just form your own club....You need 2 teams...

Comment

You need three teams to form a club through US Club Soccer. FYSA has all kinds of rules and requirements. Your best option for a single team is USSSA although you could only play tournaments, no leagues.

Comment

we are in the Miami area

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X