Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    sad thing we can go on here and everyone is saying the same thing really. but the higher up who make all the decisions are not listening. it is and always will be about winning the DA just made it worse. drop all DA showcases have just the few for the HS kids for college showcase and i bet most kids(because of there parents) will quite and go onto another sport. what that will leave is for kids who really love the sport to continue. also i don't think its only failing because of pay to play. we could have done DA but told get skill above other kids but not big and strong enough. well if he hasnt finished growing then why cant they develop him. oh because its about winning..... well went to the country where he holds the other passport and they did not see it the same. thanks U.S. for pushing skilled kids out.
    if you talk to the DA people, they will tell you that a DA quality kid should be able to compete at least one year up at the highest level. I agree with this for kids that have good size and speed for their age. But there's another type of player that shines due to savvy, intelligence and skill. Honestly, most of them are undersized. Why? Who knows? Maybe when you are little you have to think much harder to beat your opponent. This type of player may not necessarily be ready to play up a year or two at ages 9, 10 and 11. DA is not for them since they will not be winning for the DA playing 1 or 2 years up. By the time they show up as savvy, quality players and try to make the u16 squad, the pie has already been sliced and served.

Comment

Let's do what works for the best in the world. The ones that passed brazil by in the last ten years.

The Netherlands, Spain, Germany.

- Early selection (5-7yrs old)
      - Better selection criteria (love of the game, interest)
      - More structure (not less) think La Mesia, not the streets of Brazil
      - Better and much more technical training, here people think a step over is technical, I mean technical passing, weight of the pass, 1 touch striking, volleys, receiving, balls in the air, control with all surfaces and body parts, turns, feints, etc.
      - The best play against the best
      - Stop trying to train everyone and spreading resources thinly, train the best, the rest play for fun (AMERICAN's CAN'T DO THIS, THE NO PLAYER LEFT BEHIND SYNDROM makes for poor soccer players across the board)

Comment

another problem that needs to be put to a stop. players should not be always playing up. if we were to stop this and truly develop kids we would be in much better shape then we are now. but again its about winning and bigger stronger faster will be able to do that until you get to 1- and up so that if you look at the DA is still the problem. we won't have the next few crop of kids be any better than now.

Comment

Let's do what works for the best in the world. The ones that passed brazil by in the last ten years.

- Better and much more technical training, here people think a step over is technical, I mean technical passing, weight of the pass, 1 touch striking, volleys, receiving, balls in the air, control with all surfaces and body parts, turns, feints, etc.
          - Stop trying to train everyone and spreading resources thinly, train the best, the rest play for fun (AMERICAN's CAN'T DO THIS, THE NO PLAYER LEFT BEHIND SYNDROM makes for poor soccer players across the board)
          America looks for soccer diamonds in the rough. The best in the world work hard and smart to make soccer diamonds.

Comment

When they form the ant pile at 6, we look for the kid that is the biggest and comes out of the antpile with the ball. Those 3 countries look for the kid that stays away from the pile and tries to move - without the ball - into the space where he thinks the ball will pop out. That to me is the difference. In a nutshell.

Comment

Good comparison...Holland looked great at qualifying for the Euros....NOT

Comment

I do not know about Spain and Netherlands. Netherlands has not won any world cup yet, have they?

About Germany, read about Freiburg and instead of BS you will learn something.

Comment

better than Greece...

Comment

They have produced some of the finest soccer players in history. FACT. US? Not so much.

Comment

I do not know about Spain and Netherlands. Netherlands has not won any world cup yet, have they?

About Germany, read about Freiburg and instead of BS you will learn something.
                      You don't know about Spain and the Netherlands? Do you know about the world class talent they produce? Cruyff? I bet you know about him...Do you know about countries with very small populations that produce world class player after world class player? Ignorant.

Comment

You don't know about Spain and the Netherlands? Do you know about the world class talent they produce? Cruyff? I bet you know about him...Do you know about countries with very small populations that produce world class player after world class player? Ignorant.
                        How are you going to stop the politics in the youth system, or bull**** selection process for elite teams? Let's throw a bunch of kids on the field and determine whether they have ability or not while I hold my clipboard and chat with fellow coaches. The whole system is a joke, and all of the clubs are about who kisses ass, donates funds or knows somebody. I have seen a lot of untalented kids move right up the chain because of mom, dad or money. You cannot become a top team with this process. Look at Brett Shay. How is he even on the USMNT?

Comment

How are you going to stop the politics in the youth system, or bull**** selection process for elite teams? Let's throw a bunch of kids on the field and determine whether they have ability or not while I hold my clipboard and chat with fellow coaches. The whole system is a joke, and all of the clubs are about who kisses ass, donates funds or knows somebody. I have seen a lot of untalented kids move right up the chain because of mom, dad or money. You cannot become a top team with this process. Look at Brett Shay. How is he even on the USMNT?
                          seeing as you don't even know the players names, why should anyone think you know how to fix the process. who is Brett Shay, is that the ugly 2nd cousin of Brek Shea

Comment

I stand by my comments that what is in short supply is soccer savvy/ IQ. Not athletic ability or talent. You talk to former players who made in to second division in Europe and they all tell you the same thing: the difference between the guys in La Liga and the guys in Liga Adelante, Serie A and Serie B, Premier league and other leagues, is not speed, strength or even technique, it is soccer IQ/savvy and the speed of play and creativity a smart player brings to a game. That is the difference between second and first division players. To me our USMNT has a large number of second division players by European standards. How do we change this? I don't know. Yes, politics is a problem from u9. I agree. So is talent evaluation. So is the fact that a star that grows up in Homestead and Immokalee cannot afford travel as young as u9 and will never been seen and what's worse, will not develop. All of these are part of the problem.

Comment

seeing as you don't even know the players names, why should anyone think you know how to fix the process. who is Brett Shay, is that the ugly 2nd cousin of Brek Shea
                              While I did not take the time to look his name, I also did not say I had the answer. By the, sentences start with a capital letter. Interesting how we both got our point across, yet we both made mistakes........d u m b a s s!

Comment

While I did not take the time to look his name, I also did not say I had the answer. By the, sentences start with a capital letter. Interesting how we both got our point across, yet we both made mistakes........d u m b a s s!
                                The biggest problem with soccer in the US is lazy dumbass know-it-all's who spend too much time on Internet forums.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X