Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soccer Life - Character types

Many types of soccer parent... which are you?

1) My son/daughter can do no wrong
    *One line description: Wins are down to their child, negative results down to everyone but their child
    *Traits: Turns every conversation to their son/daughter and how great they are, if they move up a team they immediately think they should be on the next team up
    *Can be heard saying: "No one can get the ball to her"

2) Obsessive
    *One line description: Trains 5 times per week at age 8, kid usually peaks too early
    *Traits: Gets on their own kid more than anyone else
    *Can be heard saying: "If you'd listen the first time I could have taught you so much more by now"

3) Club Politician
    *One line description: Total belief in the club is matched by total belief in politics as the way forward. Kid usually not the best but due to their slavish following of the club and dedication not to rock the boat their kid gets on higher teams than they should year after year
    *Traits: Two words - Team Manager.
    *Can be heard saying: "The club has a plan"

4) Socializers
    *One line description: They're there to expand their social circle, soccer is incidental except as a means to peddle influence. they are usually split into sub-categories by gender
    *Traits: Can be either gossipers (usually female - often plotting how to promote their group of friends at the expense of others outside their group) or relaxers (usually male -never too early for the first beverage)
    *Can be heard saying: "The boys play really well together but I don't think xyz is bonding with the group", "Bring a drink, you'll need it"

Hit the nail on the head. Those parents are all crazy. As soon as I get over this hangover, I've got to get my kid to his Sunday training session, then get with the club president about the budget, while booking hotels for my son's team who I manage.

Comment

Funny but true!!!

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
        hit the nail on the head. Those parents are all crazy. As soon as i get over this hangover, i've got to get my kid to his sunday training session, then get with the club president about the budget, while booking hotels for my son's team who i manage.
        lol....

Comment

Dont forget the keeper's parents. Whole different ball game there.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            *One line description: Wins are down to their child, negative results down to everyone but their child
            *Traits: Turns every conversation to their son/daughter and how great they are, if they move up a team they immediately think they should be on the next team up

Sounds like the Flower's dad.

Comment

The only solution I see to end this is to abolish girls/women's soccer. It is slow and terrible with parents who are uneducated about the game in it's entirety.

*There is no real, paying future for girls who play soccer beyond college other than possibly playing for their country.

*Even at the highest level, women still make mistakes on the ball that boys/men have corrected by age 9.

*After college soccer ends for women, no one cares. People don't watch it on television, they don't travel to games to watch and they certainly don't pay for these events.

It's horrible. Please make it stop.

That is all.

Comment

2) Obsessive
                *One line description: Trains 5 times per week at age 8, kid usually peaks too early
                *Can be heard saying: "If you'd listen the first time I could have taught you so much more by now"

3) Club Politician
                *One line description: Total belief in the club is matched by total belief in politics as the way forward. Kid usually not the best but due to their slavish following of the club and dedication not to rock the boat their kid gets on higher teams than they should year after year

4) Socializers
                *One line description: They're there to expand their social circle, soccer is incidental except as a means to peddle influence. they are usually split into sub-categories by gender
                *Traits: Can be either gossipers (usually female - often plotting how to promote their group of friends at the expense of others outside their group) or relaxers (usually male -never too early for the first beverage)
                *Can be heard saying: "The boys play really well together but I don't think xyz is bonding with the group", "Bring a drink, you'll need it"
                You forgot the 5th Type:

5) The Glass House
                Thinks they are non of the above.

Comment

Dont forget the keeper's parents. Whole different ball game there.
                  Do tell..... Parents behave differently by kid's position? Like, striker's parents.... OMG!

Comment

Our keeper has been playing with my kid since u9. Her dad figured out after the first year to switch her to keeper because she is naturally a little chunky and too slow on the field. He just shells out a lot for extra training but she will always be on a top team. I thought keeper was supposed to be the best athlete on the field. Not in girls soccer.

Comment

Sounds like the Flower's dad.
                      I imagine every team has at least one of each!

Comment

2) Obsessive

3) Club Politician

4) Socializers

5) The TS poster

Comes to this forum to express their opinions about others but doesn't have the sack to express any of these opinions in person. Would prefer to stay anonymous and create silly threads. (i.e. This trash)

Comment

Do not forget the team drunk. Every team, like every family, has 1 sometimes 2.

Comment

2) Obsessive

3) Club Politician

4) Socializers
                            You forgot "Know it all" - those who analyze everyone else's staements or comments and then decipher the meanings into a pointless thread. Sound familiar!!!

Comment

2) Obsessive

3) Club Politician

4) Socializers
                              Which one of the above are you?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X