This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High School Soccer season is starting**

High school soccer has begun this week for most. In recent years travel soccer went to one practice a week due to conflicting schedules and the risk of injuries. Is your team following the same schedule? Just wondering.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    High school soccer has begun this week for most. In recent years travel soccer went to one practice a week due to conflicting schedules and the risk of injuries. Is your team following the same schedule? Just wondering.
    Yes! HS sports is where its at ! Those are the true memories that will be engraved in the minds of most kids !

Comment

My kid loves playing HS but always laughs about how bad most of the players are.

Comment

My kid loves playing HS but always laughs about how bad most of the players are.
        Yes most HS teams are sub-par , the boys love it because of the school spirit and social aspects (girls etc) - But, also depending on the HS there are some real strong teams.

Comment

same. All comments above apply too. Kids know HS is really bad for the most part, but it is really the only time their peers see them in competition. It is great for social memories.

Comment

back to topic, our club does not change their training one bit. We have DA and it is pretty much a non-issue for the guys; for the girls, it is extremely frowned upon and discussed frequently - players that double up risk injury, and are not fully committed to train for "the next level." That is the mindset of our club. My kid has always played for HS, but as the parents, we'd like to see it end. We understand how our player feels about it though. We just want it over quickly, esp since our local high school finds it is unable to provide transportation for most out of area games and the kids are left to their own devices to get there, and timely.

Comment

Waste of a thread... Go DA or stay home!

Comment

My daughter is a freshman and wants to play HS but I would rather her not, I see burn out coming since her club training is still 3-4x a week and tournaments will not stop. That in addition to all her HW she has.

Comment

My daughter is a freshman and wants to play HS but I would rather her not, I see burn out coming since her club training is still 3-4x a week and tournaments will not stop. That in addition to all her HW she has.
                  Many club coaches cut back on practices during hs season. It depends on your club's mentality. I am grateful that our (very successful) club supports the girls playing on their high school teams. They get to play against their teammates, friends come watch, they look like superstars compared to the other kids on the field. With club soccer virtually year round these days, its nice to pull back and experience a different side of the sport for a few months each year.

Fell free to bash, but if your kid can't afford a few months of reduced club practices, they probably aren't that good anyway.

Comment

Many club coaches cut back on practices during hs season. It depends on your club's mentality. I am grateful that our (very successful) club supports the girls playing on their high school teams. They get to play against their teammates, friends come watch, they look like superstars compared to the other kids on the field. With club soccer virtually year round these days, its nice to pull back and experience a different side of the sport for a few months each year.

Fell free to bash, but if your kid can't afford a few months of reduced club practices, they probably aren't that good anyway.
                    She's young for her grade 99% of her teammates are still in middle school I'm not sure if club teams change practices for her middle school but there's no change for her club training. I don't think there's anything wrong with high school my older one played all 4 years and loved it I just don't like the potential burn out from it when club doesn't give you a break

Comment

She's young for her grade 99% of her teammates are still in middle school I'm not sure if club teams change practices for her middle school but there's no change for her club training. I don't think there's anything wrong with high school my older one played all 4 years and loved it I just don't like the potential burn out from it when club doesn't give you a break
                      She's the 1% caught in the middle. Next year the birthdate by calendar year will put Aug - Dec birthdays a year behind their teammates in school soccer.

Comment

You know I thought your first paragraph was fine. It is what your club does. You didn't mention the club so we really can't verify what they do or don't do. I thought your last sentence was incredibly inappropriate; again your own thought so you own it, but was it really necessary? without knowing the names of any other clubs you can say that with a straight face? No wonder you elected to NOT mention your club name. Wow. Feel free to bash? What's to bash? we can't verify so it amounts to you just spitting out the window. meaningless.

Comment

She's the 1% caught in the middle. Next year the birthdate by calendar year will put Aug - Dec birthdays a year behind their teammates in school soccer.
                          Except the birthdate rule is meaningless in the world of HS soccer.

Comment

Our club coach is also a HS coach, so he makes it much easier to accomodate HS soccer. We will have club practice on a weekend/off days so as to prep for winter showcases. HS soccer is tough on the kids, but they seem to enjoy playing with, against and for their friends. The only real issue is a brutal stretch at the end of Oct and again in late November. Some weeks will have 5 or 6 games

Comment

Except the birthdate rule is meaningless in the world of HS soccer.
                              It will be the Jan-Aug 9th graders and Sept-Dec 8th graders. Only 4 months of kids needing club practices while their Club teammates are off playing HS soccer.

Comment

Working...
                              X