Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

U12 Boys Programs (South Florida Edition)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    boca united is a much better academy, not about volume but quality. if you are happy at weston, good for you. enjoy it. when your kid gets bumped out because other kids show up (developed elsewhere) don't cry. it's all about the $$$ at weston.
    The very fact the Weston bumps old kids out when more talented ones come in shows that they are running the right organization. There is nothing worse than a kid on the field that does not belong there, but stays on the team because mommy is in with the staff.

Comment

https://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/...ion=3&State=FL

Ac delray boys team ranked #4 and its a U12 team playing up U13
      This isn't the same team that they had last year, still many good players but moving up to 11vs.11 has been a struggle for them this year. To be fair some of the kids on this team are really young.

Comment

The very fact the Weston bumps old kids out when more talented ones come in shows that they are running the right organization. There is nothing worse than a kid on the field that does not belong there, but stays on the team because mommy is in with the staff.
        ha ha ha, you obviously don't know who matt ziegler is...

Comment

boca united is a much better academy, not about volume but quality. if you are happy at weston, good for you. enjoy it. when your kid gets bumped out because other kids show up (developed elsewhere) don't cry. it's all about the $$$ at weston.
          Boca United still a very young academy. Don't know why you have to slam another academy because you prefer Boca unless your kid is one of the players that wasn't good enough and got bumped as you said above. Thats why you left and went to Boca. Pretty funny how you can say there is better quality in Boca. If Boca does well more kids will come and your son will probably get bumped again. Funny you say how Weston is all about the $$$. So you are playing in Boca for free? hahhaha

Comment

Boca United still a very young academy. Don't know why you have to slam another academy because you prefer Boca unless your kid is one of the players that wasn't good enough and got bumped as you said above. Thats why you left and went to Boca. Pretty funny how you can say there is better quality in Boca. If Boca does well more kids will come and your son will probably get bumped again. Funny you say how Weston is all about the $$$. So you are playing in Boca for free? hahhaha
            maybe because i have seen both? have you seen both? my kid bumped your kid in the arse
            your kid is slow and looks lost on the field... w

Comment

This isn't the same team that they had last year, still many good players but moving up to 11vs.11 has been a struggle for them this year. To be fair some of the kids on this team are really young.
              no doubt they are a very good team, but they are not head and shoulders above other teams their age. They won 1-0 to the u12 weston black team in preseason that could have easily gone the other way.

Comment

Fact is that the best players are flocking to Weston. Understandably so. They have the DA and that's something that most clubs in the area can't compete with. Now, if your kid is not in the DA then there's a big drop in the coaching.

Kendall also has the DA and it looks like they can't take advantage of it. I know of kids that come all the way to Weston when Kendall is 10 min away from their house. Kendall is a mess.

Comment

no doubt they are a very good team, but they are not head and shoulders above other teams their age. They won 1-0 to the u12 weston black team in preseason that could have easily gone the other way.
                  Having seen both teams play, I think ac delray plays better soccer. that doesn't mean they win every game. more a question of taste. I think the del ray team has better ball movement and understands possession based soccer at a higher level. my son is a u13 and we played both teams last year. del ray seeks to maintain possession of the ball. gave us fits and we must have had 30% ball possession. weston is more attack oriented and allowed us to use our size to our advantage by giving us equal possession.

Comment

Having seen both teams play, I think ac delray plays better soccer. that doesn't mean they win every game. more a question of taste. I think the del ray team has better ball movement and understands possession based soccer at a higher level. my son is a u13 and we played both teams last year. del ray seeks to maintain possession of the ball. gave us fits and we must have had 30% ball possession. weston is more attack oriented and allowed us to use our size to our advantage by giving us equal possession.
                    Is Delray a DA status or not ... If not then the DA program should be the best landing spot for a kid if they have the talent ?

Comment

Is Delray a DA status or not ... If not then the DA program should be the best landing spot for a kid if they have the talent ?
                      No, you don't understand how things work. DA is important as the kids get older. Up until that point, you want your kid with the best coaches. Wherever they are. In the long run, coaching is the most important thing. Your kid could receive great coaching and decide to make DA at u15, u16, when he's ready. At u12 - which is the age we are discussing - it doesn't really matter if your kid is Weston black or ac delray.

Comment

Fact is that the best players are flocking to Weston. Understandably so. They have the DA and that's something that most clubs in the area can't compete with. Now, if your kid is not in the DA then there's a big drop in the coaching.

100% agree....if you have a high level kid, he needs to play in the academy system and Weston has the one in South Florida. I agree with the drop off, but will say all the boys black team coaches are also very good. I would say the coach drop off starts at the white team.

Comment

No, you don't understand how things work. DA is important as the kids get older. Up until that point, you want your kid with the best coaches. Wherever they are. In the long run, coaching is the most important thing. Your kid could receive great coaching and decide to make DA at u15, u16, when he's ready. At u12 - which is the age we are discussing - it doesn't really matter if your kid is Weston black or ac delray.
                          What is pre - academy at the DA clubs then ? I am told my u11 will be selected to be on whats called pre-academy playing FPL league play does Delray have a pre-academy status and does this somewhat mean it will lead to DA at some age ? I am not sure I do not understand this crap !

Comment

What is pre - academy at the DA clubs then ? I am told my u11 will be selected to be on whats called pre-academy playing FPL league play does Delray have a pre-academy status and does this somewhat mean it will lead to DA at some age ? I am not sure I do not understand this crap !
                            That's up to you if you want to believe that gives you an inside track. I don't think you can judge at u11 what your kid will be like at u15.

To me it is crucial that your son learn how to play good soccer, first and foremost, and second receive lots of playing time. If that's pre-academy at u11 or not, it is a decision you must make.

If your kid will be a starter playing 75% of the time on a u11 pre-academy then maybe consider it. At that age, though, if he will be sitting, consider other options. Don't get so caught up in the academy label at u11.

Comment

100% agree....if you have a high level kid, he needs to play in the academy system and Weston has the one in South Florida. I agree with the drop off, but will say all the boys black team coaches are also very good. I would say the coach drop off starts at the white team.
                              I don't totally agree with this. I do agree Weston has a good program. That's not my point. I think kids that are u11 or u12s, alevines, need to play and learn. If your kid is learning and playing a lot more than he would at Weston pre-academy, then stay with a good club like ac delray or west pines. Like the other poster said, you could always show up at DA as a u14 or u15 and if the kid is good and the competition open as it should be, the kid can compete for a spot at that juncture.

Comment

There are only three clubs in south Fl that have a Developmental Academy (DA), Kendal, Weston, and Boca, so only these three clubs can have a true pre academy team. Developmental Academies only have thee teams, u14, u16, and u18, so pre- academy are all the players in the academy system that are being groomed to play on the u14 academy team. Pre academy usually starts u12 and u13.

Not every club can be granted a Developmental Academy. They have to meet certain criteria. AC Delray has a good team, but when those kids are a little older, some of the better ones will go to one of the three above academies. The best one in my opinion is Orlando City, because it is free.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X